Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Calling All Halo 3 Players

OP ThreeThirtyNine

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Looking for Halo 3 players on the 360. Add GT Mico Vibes and send me a message that you play. I recently sold my Xbox One and I'm kickin' it on my Halo 3 Edition Xbox 360! I lost interest in the One and I'm thinking about picking up that Xbox One X in November with that Original and 360 backwards compatibility. What do you think?
Isn't there gonna be cross platform play with 360 and xbox one players? Please correct me if I'm wrong. If Halo 3 plays better on the Xbox one I'd definitely pick one up. I guess we won't know the full details until it gets started closer to the date of bc.
its Sporty wrote:
Isn't there gonna be cross platform play with 360 and xbox one players? Please correct me if I'm wrong. If Halo 3 plays better on the Xbox one I'd definitely pick one up. I guess we won't know the full details until it gets started closer to the date of bc.
Yes it will be coming but I didn't want my One anymore and I'm going to pick up the new Xbox in November. I personally feel that it is be better on the 360. Just my preference and I love the nostalgia.
I completely imagined your threads title as Optimus Prime "calling all Halo 3 players" instead of "calling all autobots". Had to get that out there.

Back on topic, I would totally get the game. With BC coming around, it's a guaranteed spike in population essentially. You can still find games in no time in playlists like social slayer and team slayer, and hopefully this will allow other playlists to come back alive. Hoping for a couple thousand on a day.
its Sporty wrote:
Yeah the BC version of Halo 3 will play on the same servers as the 360 version, so XBone and 360 players will play together.

Advantages of playing on Xbox One over 360

1) Screenshots/Video Clips/Twitch/Mixer - I know Halo 3 has a built in system for some of these but playing on the Xbone will allow you to share content much easier. And from console streaming will be completely new. These can all be uploaded directly from the console too.

2) Xbox One Party Chat - The Xbox One has a higher quality party chat. So that sounds nicer. It will also work to cross chat with anyone playing other xbox one games. (Note: xbox 360 party chat is still there if you want to chat with someone playing on 360. And there is an option to quick jump in to game chat without dropping from the party)

3) Custom Layouts/Elite Controller Support - If you have an elite controller you can set up your own controller layout. Swap around any buttons you want. You could also change the analogue sticks and triggers too. Make them more responsive.

4) Clan/Club Support - You can join or make a club/clan to find other players to play with. There are several Halo/Classic Halo/Halo 3 clubs already. In the future we will be able to set up Tournaments too. The Classic Halo Club became really toxic towards Halo 3 players though so I started a new one called Haven Arena. But through these you will be able to schedule sessions and always find someone to party with.

The Xbox One has had several major updates in the last year or so. It's fixed some stupid design choices, added back in missing functionality, and streamlined the new additions. So yeah I do think playing on the Xbone will be an improved experienced over the 360.
I'm so excited for the Xbone X. It's the only reason I'd ever think about getting a One. The fact that One and 360 players will be able to play on the same servers is great and adding BC for the older games just seals the whole deal. I only use my 360 for Halo these days and the fact that I couldn't play the old games in their current form just kept me from wasting my money.
I'll be back on Halo 3 for sure, simply the best multiplayer in history! 😎
I'm in.
I'm in. GT is the same as my name on here.
Looking for Halo 3 players on the 360. Add GT Mico Vibes and send me a message that you play. I recently sold my Xbox One and I'm kickin' it on my Halo 3 Edition Xbox 360! I lost interest in the One and I'm thinking about picking up that Xbox One X in November with that Original and 360 backwards compatibility. What do you think?
It is up to you. You're still playing with Xbox 360 and Xbox One users regardless.
If you don't have a 4k TV there isnt much point in spending 300 dollars more over the One S. Yes it will be faster but games play excellent on my One S. That being said the X model would be a great investment if you do have 4k! 4k blu ray players are usually around 250 bucks in the first place.
Nadesicle wrote:
I completely imagined your threads title as Optimus Prime "calling all Halo 3 players" instead of "calling all autobots". Had to get that out there.

Back on topic, I would totally get the game. With BC coming around, it's a guaranteed spike in population essentially. You can still find games in no time in playlists like social slayer and team slayer, and hopefully this will allow other playlists to come back alive. Hoping for a couple thousand on a day.
Haha! I said Calling all autobots in the Optimus Prime voice when you wrote to be honest. Yea I was playing social slayer a few days ago and found a match pretty quick. I was surprised. The day we get into games instantly on Halo 3 will be a gift lol!
Jasux wrote:
I'll be back on Halo 3 for sure, simply the best multiplayer in history! 😎
Absolutely! Looking to get some solid teams for Halo 3!
If you don't have a 4k TV there isnt much point in spending 300 dollars more over the One S. Yes it will be faster but games play excellent on my One S. That being said the X model would be a great investment if you do have 4k! 4k blu ray players are usually around 250 bucks in the first place.
Very good point. I still have my original Xbox games including Halo 1 and 2 and it would be pretty cool to play them on a different system. I think I will end up waiting it out till' November and getting the Xbox One X still.
It is up to you. You're still playing with Xbox 360 and Xbox One users regardless.
Agreed!
Nadesicle wrote:

You can find games on team slayer? I've sat in that lobby for hours only having one or two other players found with a total population of 13 players
I'll probably be on Halo 3 today
i still play add the gamertag: ThomasNRBTheMan
added
SOUZA117 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:

You can find games on team slayer? I've sat in that lobby for hours only having one or two other players found with a total population of 13 players
Yeah, I actually have. Social Slayer and Team Slayer are the only games I can really find. Once in a while I'll get a Lone Wolves game going, but rare. I usually play on weekends now, so maybe the population is spike during those times.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2