Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

[Locked] Conspiracy did Johnson survive?

OP BloodiedSpirit6

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
probly not but i was glad to see him in halo wars 2.
I hope not. He was my favorite character, but people in these games need to STAY DEAD.
I suppose if they really wanted to, they could make some story up to bring him back but it likely would be atrocious and would be a difficult sell. That's not to say 343 couldn't or are not capable, it's because there probably isn't any way lore wise they could write it in without making something up.

If you really want to push it, you could say Johnson lost consciousness and then fell into a slipspace portal when the Halo fired (of course absolutely impossible and Halo rings don't do that) and ended up on a Forerunner planet somewhere in Halo 6 but you see where I'm going with this, it would make absolutely no sense.
No. He died on a ring which exploding and completely shredded his body apart like this: https://giphy.com/gifs/cheezburger-laptops-shredders-1yOXrapmywRva

inb4 frankie in an interview: "Nanobots revived johnson and teleported him to the infinity"
Short answer: No.
Medium answer: No.
Long answer: No
Extremely long answer:
Spoiler:
Show
No he dead for sure, didn’t you see that control room fall apart over him

Spoiler:
Show
As much as I like Johnson and want him to survive but honestly there's no way he'd survive the whole planet or whatever they were on was breaking apart
As much as I like Johnson and want him to survive but honestly there's no way he'd survive the whole planet or whatever they were on was breaking apart
They we're on a Halo ring, Installation 08 precisely. The replacement of Installation 04 destroyed by Master Chief in Combat Evolved.
stckrboy wrote:
No, canonically he is dead
But, to be fair, it's science fiction so there could be a chance ;)
"He gone".
people keep saying he died on the ring, he "died" on the Ark not a halo ring.

However, he survived the first Halo right explosion, no reason to assume he couldn't have survived another explosion on the Ark, even after being blasted by 343 Guilty Spark.
jalam wrote:

However, he survived the first Halo right explosion, no reason to assume he couldn't have survived another explosion on the Ark, even after being blasted by 343 Guilty Spark.
  1. He did die on a Halo ring, Installation 08, the replacement of Installation 04 destroyed by Chief;
  2. He escaped on a Pelican before Installation 04 blew up. He didn't survive any explosion. It's said on Halo: The Flood. He was later killed by 343 Guilty Spark.
jalam wrote:

1. He did die on a Halo ring, Installation 08, the replacement of Installation 04 destroyed by Chief;
  2. He escaped on a Pelican before Installation 04 blew up. He didn't survive any explosion. It's said on Halo: The Flood. He was later killed by 343 Guilty Spark.
Installation 04-B, but otherwise you are right.
jalam wrote:

Both Installation 08 and Installation 04B work.
jalam wrote:

Upon google search, you're right. When did they change that?
Well like I said the installation was breaking apart so even if he survived the blast by 343 he wldnt have survived the destruction of the halo ring.unless chief wldve taken him back with him and the arbiter
jalam wrote:

I don't know. I think it's been like that since the beginning.
jalam wrote:

I don't know. I think it's been like that since the beginning.
Back when the game came out it was always referred to on Halopedian as Installation 04-B or the replacement ring. It was still like that as of two or three years ago when I last played Halo.
343 Guilty Spark shot Johnson with a LASER! How could he not be dead?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2