Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Current state of Halo's OST; your thoughts.

OP chileankiller95

Hello there,

I don't know about you guys but I'd love to see Martin O'Donnell and his team back to make Halo tracks. Part of the magic of the franchise, in my humble opinion, was on the epic music. The best example for me (there are many) is the last level of Halo 3 or the scene from Halo CE when you escape the Pillar of Autumn on the life pod, its just...majestic.It had feelings, tension, adrenaline rush, etc...I think the new Halo games lack that, even tho Halo 5 did have some tracks from the past.
The music is equally important as the story in this franchise, so what do you guys think?
Is the music important to you? What makes you feel? Any memorable scene where the music made the situation even better?

I've been a Halo fan for a long time and I like to discuss this kind of things because I feel it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

PS: Sorry for bad english.
Jason Jones said that Marty was the only individual at Bungie who could make the stuff the rest of the team did twice as good. No one else had that kind of contribution. I always wondered what the games would be like without their music and totally hated the idea. I always though Halo would only be a fraction of its awesome self without the music and Jason summed it up perfectly.

Sadly though, Marty has his own game company. Doesn’t rule out him working for 343i, but my guess is that his other projects will be keeping him occupied.
marty doing the music for future halo titles would be a blessing from the halo gods :0
tuhin94 wrote:
Jason Jones said that Marty was the only individual at Bungie who could make the stuff the rest of the team did twice as good. No one else had that kind of contribution. I always wondered what the games would be like without their music and totally hated the idea. I always though Halo would only be a fraction of its awesome self without the music and Jason summed it up perfectly.

Sadly though, Marty has his own game company. Doesn’t rule out him working for 343i, but my guess is that his other projects will be keeping him occupied.
you know which company?
xsv wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

you know which company?
Yeah it’s called Highwire. They’ve been working on a game called Golem for like 3 years now I believe. Supposed to be on PS4 only though last I checked :-/
tuhin94 wrote:

Lets hope he gets called again by Microsoft (343i) to make the tracks!
xsv wrote:
marty doing the music for future halo titles would be a blessing from the halo gods :0
Agreed, mate!
tuhin94 wrote:
xsv wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

you know which company?
Yeah it’s called Highwire. They’ve been working on a game called Golem for like 3 years now I believe. Supposed to be on PS4 only though last I checked :-/
will check that out
Just having Marty is what made Halo great, he didn’t just make the music (which was the best). He also helped out with the game
I like the current tracks. Kazuma did an amazing job with Halo 5's ost. I honestly prefer H2A's soundtrack over OG H2, but they're both awesome regardless. Regarding Martin, unfortunately I don't think he'll come back, but it would be like being blessed by the Gods if he came to at least give a helping hand. In my opinion, Halo 3 is, without a doubt, Martin's best work. It's just... too good.
Honestly, I haven't really payed any attention to halo 5's soundtrack, but I'm pretty sure it couldn't beat halo ODST's. Reach also had a very nice OST
(Hello there)
General Kenobi! You are a bold one

No, seriously
The music has always been key to Halo, it is so unique and emblematic...
Kazuma Jinnouchi was not a bad composer, and I think that he could have learned how Halo should sound like. But now that he is gone, I really think that Marty comes back. Halo can't hold for long without THE music.
Bring Martin back!
Bring Martin back!
Agreed. I'd love to see Martin O'Donnell come back and work on the Halo soundtrack moving forward