Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Definitive List as to why H3A should be considered

OP Awesome Guy 523

THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO BE ME SAYING H3A IS HAPPENING. THIS IS MERELY MY SPECULATION OF HOW THEY WOULD GO ABOUT TO MAKE IT, AND THE REASONING FOR IT.
Hello all. As some of you may or may not know, the 10th anniversary of the beloved Halo 3 is upon us in a few months. We are hopeless to stop it. So the question for halo fans around the world is: Are we getting a Halo 3 Anniversary? If we are, how much resources will it need, how would it be done, how much would it cost, etc. All will be answered here.
PROS: 1. Simple. It would complete the anniversary trilogy. I'm fine with this being the last remaster we need. Seems a bit strange having 2/3 games of the original trilogy, the games that for some, define halo, done and not the whole deal. No ODST, Reach, or Wars remastered. No need, and they didn't have as much as an impact as I will list.
  1. It DID have as much as an impact on gaming as CE and 2. CE is what sent the original Xbox soaring to the top in sales, and started Halo. Ok, that's first game. Halo 2 sent the function of Xbox Live to a very successful start, making it awesome to play games online. Halo 3 was the climax of both of those. It united everyone, even causing people to literally switch from PS to Xbox. The easiest example of this is the fact that they sold over 12 million copies of it during its lifetime, the closest to that being Halo Reach, with almost a full 2.27 million less. That's insane, and was easily defined as Halo's prime time, for everyone.
  2. The resources aren't as big as believed. 343 doesn't directly develop the remasters, they are outsourced to Sabre Interactive/Certain Affinity/ Blur Studios for the game itself. Sure, they pay them to make it, but they're funded by Microsoft, come on. And they only send over a few guys to oversee the projects, not literal full squadrons to make it alongside them. So no fear, Halo 6 will turn out just fine.
  3. It would have to look better than H2A, as that looked better than CEA. And yeah, the original doesn't look half-bad, and to some it looks just fine for today's standards, but one key component can change that. Enter Xbox Scorpio. Imagine it, to make H3A be the absolute of king of remasters, at 4K 60FPS would easily be better than H2A. To me, the graphics aren't the total reason for them, but the Scorpio is key to that.
  4. Microsoft's Xbox exclusive lineup and sales predictions aren't great. As much as I hate to admit it, Halo Wars 2 isn't going to make a whole ton of money. It's already down to $35 on Xbox Store. The recent cancellation of Scalebound, a planned Xbox exclusive opens up a slot for H3A as well. The other games as well likely are going to be outshone by other big games, like the PS4 exclusives looking promising, which will obviously draw back fans and sales, so those exclusives unfortunately probably also won't make a lot of money in this big year of competition. H3A is xbox's respond to that, and to make so...much... -Yoink-... MONEY.
  5. Speaking of fans, it could bring back a lot of older guys and gals. Face it; Halo's population has dwindled a bit. Halo is no longer the topic of most gaming conversations, the game for LAN parties, because of it trying to evolve certain things, it's pushed people away. This is the time to finally get everyone back together and set up Halo 6 for a Big Bang of Halo awesomeness to what it deserves, for new and old fans alike, we need a unified community to properly make Halo a killer franchise again.
  6. It's the setup for Halo 6, as H2A was the setup for H5. The scenario set up for Halo 6 is even similar to H3. Humanity's back is against the wall from overwhelming forces(i.e. The Covenant and the Prometheans respectively), forced to use old technology(Humans having inferior weapons to Covenant, Guardians EMP colonies). Add a few terminals as well, and you got the hype train for H6 loading up.
  7. The feedback is being taken into account by 343, which will make it the best remaster yet. MCC left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, no way around it, and it's a shame, it had an awesome concept. H2A's multiplayer was disliked by some for shoving in unwanted art style and the engine just being a heavily modified version of Halo 4, as opposed to the original. That can be fixed here, now, as the art style of HW2 shows 343 KNOWS what to do, just don't know where to apply it. Here, they can capitalize on H2A and HW2 art, especially showing 343 can make the old art look absolutely stunning. Customization was also abysmal in MCC, but again, that can be fixed here, bring back the mix-and-match. The armor would look either a tad bit updated to resonate modern day, like Chief's armor in H2A, or the same with graphics updated, fine with either. No reason for multiplayer armor to look the same as H4/5 era art, didn't sit well with players.
  8. It started Machinimas boost, and could reignite that as well. Let's be honest. Red Vs Blue and a few others started Machinimas before Halo 3, but theater is what kicked it off. Gears of Halo Theft, awesome Arby N' The Chief moments, Oh Hayabusa, it started so much fun. I'm developing my own Series right now, and if they implemented more options for Machinima makers, that would bring back so many memories, and inspiration to make new ones.
  9. The H3 that is on MCC is broken. From the broken hit detection to constant lagging out of matches, and not really a game-breaking thing, but the customization is obviously horrendous, for the game that STARTED the idea of mixing and matching armors for Halo. The port of H3 is very minimal in terms of functionality. It doesn't feel like 343 really glossed over H3, they focused more on bringing original H1 multiplayer, obviously loved making H2A, H4 is the favorite child, and yet H3 feels half--Yoinked!-.
CONS: 1. Yes, it would mean the end of MCC. Anyone still playing it is on H3 anyway, and if H3A happens, that's it. End of sales for that.
I can't think of any others off the top of my head. List any you think of, I'll edit them in.
HOW IT SHOULD BE HANDLED:
Including everything I just mentioned: Fully remastered campaign, and multiplayer with ORIGINAL engine, saving resources. PROPER armor customization with, again, classic art style for Spartans and Elites. The best forge yet, building on H5's.
It should be the full $60. Yep. Justified completely, also. H3 was a monster of a game, no reason it can't become that again. It should come as an individual release, not a DLC to MCC. Maybe a few editions alongside it. Who knows, Limited with some extra digital content, or another legendary edition with a Chief helmet. And to really get things going, access to H6 beta for any edition. By then, it should be that far in development it can have a beta.
YES, Frank has stated it's not happening. Said the same thing about H2A as well, plus, he said "at this time". Back in NOVEMBER, so I take those statements with a grain of salt. 343 is kind of on the back foot right now, and denying fans a constant request wouldn't help.
All in all, my general belief is if Microsoft really cares about "diminishing returns" then they are simply shutting out veterans of H3 and HR. So much money would be made bundling H3A with the Scorpio, allowing said veterans to return to Halo and get set for what Microsoft has in store, since they're setting up Halo 6 to be the best Halo game ever made.
So that's my belief and list as to why this should happen. What you guys think?
I completely agree. A Halo 3 anniversary would be fantastic. It'd be a shame if the only remaster it gets is the broken MCC. Also, it'd make a CRAP ton of money for the production costs, and many old school halo fans would come back. It doesn't have to impact Halo 6's development at all, since they could get an outside company to create it. I'm just praying that they'll announce it soon, since the original came out on September 25, 2007. If the MCC is any indicator, we'll get an announcement at E3 in June, and if not, I guess it's not going to happen at all.
As someone who's been very vocal for the argument against H3A (though I doubt people even heard me or taken me seriously), I disagree with many of your points, but I can respect you wanting it and the efforts you've made to provide reasoning to it. Personally, the whole experience of Halo 3 and the thought of having it being popular once again is not something I want to see just because, in my eyes, it would serve nothing more to provide a quick nostalgia trip for old players, not many of which still remain and not that many will return out of pure disgust with the Halo name in general (this is speculative, don't quote me on that), as well as making some money for 343 to continue future projects, which is irrelevant due to the fact that in this dire time of need for a return of quality in future games, not remastered ones, 343 is going to need all the help they can get. Nevertheless, I respect your opinion and reasons and hope you can respect mine.
Wraith0912 wrote:
As someone who's been very vocal for the argument against H3A (though I doubt people even heard me or taken me seriously), I disagree with many of your points, but I can respect you wanting it and the efforts you've made to provide reasoning to it. Personally, the whole experience of Halo 3 and the thought of having it being popular once again is not something I want to see just because, in my eyes, it would serve nothing more to provide a quick nostalgia trip for old players, not many of which still remain and not that many will return out of pure disgust with the Halo name in general (this is speculative, don't quote me on that), as well as making some money for 343 to continue future projects, which is irrelevant due to the fact that in this dire time of need for a return of quality in future games, not remastered ones, 343 is going to need all the help they can get. Nevertheless, I respect your opinion and reasons and hope you can respect mine.
It's cool man, to each is own. If that's truly the way you feel about H3A, it's fine. Any and all opinions are welcome. I do agree with your statements about 343 taking more heart to actual games as opposed to remastered only alongside main titles, and I'm glad you took the time to respond.
Beibok wrote:
I completely agree. A Halo 3 anniversary would be fantastic. It'd be a shame if the only remaster it gets is the broken MCC. Also, it'd make a CRAP ton of money for the production costs, and many old school halo fans would come back. It doesn't have to impact Halo 6's development at all, since they could get an outside company to create it. I'm just praying that they'll announce it soon, since the original came out on September 25, 2007. If the MCC is any indicator, we'll get an announcement at E3 in June, and if not, I guess it's not going to happen at all.
No matter how much companies care for customers, the end goal is how much money the product will make. I do believe it will not only allow newer halo fans to experience the magic of Halo 3, but also bring back older ones that may have left, which theoretically should payoff the production costs. Glad you took the time to state your opinion!
Beibok wrote:
No matter how much companies care for customers, the end goal is how much money the product will make. I do believe it will not only allow newer halo fans to experience the magic of Halo 3, but also bring back older ones that may have left, which theoretically should payoff the production costs. Glad you took the time to state your opinion!
Yeah unfortunately that's the sad reality of businesses. No matter what, their main purpose is to create money. However, I do believe a Halo 3 Anniversary if done right, and with enough care, could be extremely successful and make a lot of money. And yeah, I think it's also important for the series moving forward for the newer players to understand what Halo 3 was like, since they might just say they like the "newer style" better simply because they haven't experienced the older style of the Halo games. I feel like Halo 3 really solidified what Halo was as a series, since it took everything from Halo 1 and 2 but just made it so much better and more polished (in my opinion). Either way I'm excited for E3 to see what 343i has in store for us. I'd be surprised if we get no fps halo titles in both 2016 and 2017.
Again, any and all opinions welcome