Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Do you think there should be a Halo 3 Anniversary?

OP ThatHalo5player

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I hope they make an anniversary for Halo 3 and add it to MCC. If they do make one I hope they fix the mistake with the weapon picking in custom games because i'm unable to pick from all the weapons for some reason.
No. Don't get me wrong, I loved Halo 3 just as much as the next guy but MCC is good enough. The whole "remastered" thing that's going on in the industry right now is getting old. I'd rather 343 focus efforts on what's next. They're doing the community a favor by going back to MCC to fix that up. Honestly, I'd rather play Halo 3 the way it was meant to be played: with an ODST Multiplayer Disk on Xbox 360
Yes. Not only that, they can also bundle it with a Halo 3: ODST remastered
I agree with D0ntSh00tM3Br0, It can be a great game.
Yes I would like a atriox easter egg
No. Don't get me wrong, I loved Halo 3 just as much as the next guy but MCC is good enough. The whole "remastered" thing that's going on in the industry right now is getting old. I'd rather 343 focus efforts on what's next. They're doing the community a favor by going back to MCC to fix that up. Honestly, I'd rather play Halo 3 the way it was meant to be played: with an ODST Multiplayer Disk on Xbox 360
Couldn't have said it better myself, although I do enjoy Halo 3 in the MCC, to be honest.
Why not finish it off? They have done CE and 2; finish off the original trilogy.
Nope, Halo 3 Anniversary is not needed. Halo 3 Anniversary is basically Halo 3 MCC - 1080p60fps. Unfortunately as with all the other games in the MCC, there are issues with this version of Halo 3.

Halo CEA and H2A makes sense since Halo CE has never had online gameplay on a console despite being the first ever online Halo (Halo PC was in 2003, Halo 2 was 2004 for Xbox) and Halo 2 with Halo 2 Xbox and PC's shutdown has no online multiplayer component. Both games now have an online component on console albeit the experience is not quite the same as the originals.

Halo 3 is still fully playable in 4 different forms:

1. Xbox 360
2. Xbox One Backwards Compat (Vsync on at all times)
3. Xbox One X Enhanced (1920p resolution, HDR elements, Improved texture filtering, Improved draw distance, 16x AF, SOME improved texture quality)
4. Halo 3 MCC - (1080p 60fps)

Granted it is only two versions of the same game but there are multiple ways to play it and the original online component is still there too. Let Halo 3 live on or if they really want to, fix MCC and give OG Halo 3 a little extra support. Bring people back to the game.
Nope, Halo 3 Anniversary is not needed. Halo 3 Anniversary is basically Halo 3 MCC - 1080p60fps. Unfortunately as with all the other games in the MCC, there are issues with this version of Halo 3.

Halo CEA and H2A makes sense since Halo CE has never had online gameplay on a console despite being the first ever online Halo (Halo PC was in 2003, Halo 2 was 2004 for Xbox) and Halo 2 with Halo 2 Xbox and PC's shutdown has no online multiplayer component. Both games now have an online component on console albeit the experience is not quite the same as the originals.

1. Xbox 360
3. Xbox One X Enhanced (1920p resolution, HDR elements, Improved texture filtering, Improved draw distance, 16x AF, SOME improved texture quality)

Granted it is only two versions of the same game but there are multiple ways to play it and the original online component is still there too. Let Halo 3 live on or if they really want to, fix MCC and give OG Halo 3 a little extra support. Bring people back to the game.
Halo Combat Evolved still has a online component on PC with a update done by Bungie themselves...So does Halo 2 if you count "Project Cartographer"
Other then that no. Halo 2 is the only one who doesn't have a "real official update" to fix it's online multiplayer. Which Halo MCC solves.
Nighterlev wrote:

1. Xbox 360

Halo Combat Evolved still has a online component on PC with a update done by Bungie themselves...So does Halo 2 if you count "Project Cartographer"
Other then that no. Halo 2 is the only one who doesn't have a "real official update" to fix it's online multiplayer. Which Halo MCC solves.
Halo CE does not have an online component on a console, which MCC solves. I am aware of Halo PC’s still being available (been playing it for years! :D)

Project Cartographer I have serious doubts over its development. I asked someone who claimed to be working on a ‘co-op mode’ for it and as it turns out, the co-op mode they are claiming they have worked on is almost identical to Shock120’s co-op mod that was made years ago and when questioned, he said he “thinks there’s some differences”. It looks to me like they stole other modders work and are trying to pass it off as their own, Shock120 allowed me to make a tutorial for the co op mod years ago and even allowed me to have access to it although i ended my old youtube channel shortly after. It’s possible they acquired the mod from him or someone else that may have had access to it other than myself. Other examples include the ranking system, which other well known modders were working on (I belive supersniper was the one working on that) but alot of the projects were cancelled due to frustrations and lack of interest.

I guess what i’m trying to say is if they managed to get H2V back online unofficially, then that’s not bad. It’s the other stuff I have no faith in based on the guys response to my questions regarding the co-op mode.

Still, MCC is the only official way to experience Halo CE and Halo 2 online on a console, which was my original point :)
But of course. We already had the anniversary version of Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2, why not have one of Halo 3 ? Would be great.
I don't think they should... But I would like 343 to add halo 3 armors to halo 5.
But of course. We already had the anniversary version of Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2, why not have one of Halo 3 ? Would be great.
Maybe because some people, myself included, are tired of remakes and remasters and would rather see a great new game instead. Yes, Halo 6 is happening regardless, but I would rather 343i put all of their resources into that than just some into Halo 6 and some into Halo 3A.
Jestzer wrote:
Couldn't have said it better myself, although I do enjoy Halo 3 in the MCC, to be honest.
Everyone has an opinion and I seem to be one of the few who can't stand Halo 3 on MCC. It's just not the same. The hit boxes are messed up and it just doesn't run as smoothly as it does on the actual Halo 3 game. Its really bothersome because I was a beast in Halo 3. 10,000+ EXP, earned seven level 50's in different playlists, and was a well rounded player with my lowest rank being a 45 in the MLG playlist.
I agree with with u all the way
athwal77 wrote:
Playing the original or playing it the way it was meant to be played is ALWAYS better than the "newer" or remastered version
athwal77 wrote:
Playing the original or playing it the way it was meant to be played is ALWAYS better than the "newer" or remastered version
I agree with you there’s too but with halo 2 anniversary the new graphics were amazing, it made trying to get though the game on legendary a little bit more fun
athwal77 wrote:
athwal77 wrote:
I agree with you there’s too but with halo 2 anniversary the new graphics were amazing, it made trying to get though the game on legendary a little bit more fun
I'll give you that. It was fun in that it introduced new age players to a classic. I usually play with the original graphics. It's much more enjoyable, for me, and brings back alot of memories. Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer is quite fun
athwal77 wrote:
athwal77 wrote:
athwal77 wrote:
athwal77 wrote:
I'll give you that. It was fun in that it introduced new age players to a classic. I usually play with the original graphics. It's much more enjoyable, for me, and brings back alot of memories. Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer is quite fun
IPlaying the original or playing it the way it was meant to be played is ALWAYS better than the "newer" or remastered version
I'll give you that. It was fun in that it introduced new age players to a classic. I usually play with the original graphics. It's much more enjoyable, for me, and brings back alot of memories. Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer is quite fun again
once again i agree with you 100% of the way
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2