Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Does Anyone Still Play Halo Wars?

OP Danger Dotty

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Played my very first online game tonight. Didn't know what I was going but just wanted the basically naive achievement anyways. I am revisiting some old games trying to get a couple achievements here and there I didn't do before.
I have four Platinum packs... If we match in a game send me a quick message in game saying I see you or something (so I can verify we did match) and a friend request so I can gift you a pack. You don't have to keep me as a "friend" as I am a solo player.
I play everyday but still come across the guys who still think it's fun to rush people. I seriously don't understand the logic in it at this stage of the games life? I mean it's not like anyone cares about leader boards anymore. I thought with it now being b/c. The only people playing it would be people who enjoy the game but no. 5 mins in here comes the prophet, or a bunch of warthogs. It's ruined the game IMO. Really gets go me because i love the game
If you play Humans you can almost always expect a Rush or an early attack if you aren't defending well. What people don't get is this isn't a game of build up and then go out and destroy. It is a game of beat your opponent where you can, you have to dually be able to build up and protect yourself at the same time. If I start a game and see my opponent building 2 reactors in the first 3 mins and he has no troops, and maybe one turret, I will attack him definitely. If he has built up a force but I believe I can take some of his important stuff without taking heavy losses I will also attack him in this case, but if he has a well defended base and a force that rivals mine, I will bide my time and try to beat him at map objectives, at which point one of us will take the lead. That is how the game is made fun. Humans(or Covenant) who try to build up for the steamroll and think that their base should be left alone till they are ready should maybe play deathmatch instead.

I used to make that mistake too though.
Halo Wars for a few games everyday.
Well I Love Halo wars, Sad to say my Friends don't agree and I tend to play Campaign a lot and skirmish due to not having anyone to play with other then Hostiles who Train Scarabs and Uber Units not that far into the game, Or spam one single Unit with all Upgrades...Ugh.
I play Halo Wars, though my team always quits, or doesn't know how helping works
anybody looking to complete the campaign on leyendary msg me
I play, add me for games :D!
I used to play Halo Wars a good bit but once I earned General, I stopped playing. Kinda burned myself out on it. Ill have to dust it off and play again before Halo Wars 2 comes out
Not anymore. But halo wars 2 looks interesting,
if any of you want to play leyendary coop msg me
Haven't played it for ages. Mostly because of the stupid Live membership and because I've moved to PC gaming.
I also play Halo wars on my Xbox One and I did play this game online while I had my Xbox 360 but I would be rushed or be trying to get my super unit out also my gamertag is my username I would like to play this game online I like to play as Forge and I Just need some people to help me with online matches I do great against the AI in this game I am at 74 Automatic Difficulty I used to play this game online once again but I hated it back when I was just starting out playing online I only do 3 vs 3 and nothing else I was trying my best but then out of no where we are on frozen valley and then one of my teammates just quits and then the other one quits on top of him so I am stuck by myself against three really good people at this game so then I have two options either quit or fight to the bitter end and half of the time I would just quit because I am better as a UNSC leader then a covenant leader because I prefer UNSC over Covenant because I hate having to manage my leader instead of just my units. Also if anyone wants to know my winning percentage for offline skirmishes is under 50 Percent
I also play Halo wars on my Xbox One and I did play this game online while I had my Xbox 360 but I would be rushed or be trying to get my super unit out also my gamertag is my username I would like to play this game online I like to play as Forge and I Just need some people to help me with online matches I do great against the AI in this game I am at 74 Automatic Difficulty I used to play this game online once again but I hated it back when I was just starting out playing online I only do 3 vs 3 and nothing else I was trying my best but then out of no where we are on frozen valley and then one of my teammates just quits and then the other one quits on top of him so I am stuck by myself against three really good people at this game so then I have two options either quit or fight to the bitter end and half of the time I would just quit because I am better as a UNSC leader then a covenant leader because I prefer UNSC over Covenant because I hate having to manage my leader instead of just my units. Also if anyone wants to know my winning percentage for offline skirmishes is under 50 Percent
Nice 2 year old thread bump. Please be more careful and check the date of the thread next time. Let a mod lock this thread.
I haven't played Halo Wars since I finished grinding out the General Rank achievement. I burnt myself out on that game
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2