Favorite Halo game of all time?

OP Ultra Flare

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
What are your guys' favorite Halo game? Mine would have to be Reach because I really enjoyed the multiplayer. But I am a fairly young fan (not 12!) and I joined the Halo fanbase pretty late.
Halo 3 ODST was my favorite. There was something about not being an invincible Spartan and actually feeling vulnerable. I had to decide if it was worth my limited supply of ammo to ambush this covenant patrol or try to sneak past. It was a nice mix to actually fear the covenant, and see them in a similar way that the Halo Universe sees and fears them. Also ODST are badass so there's that too.
Halo Combat Evolved is my favorite. The scenario is mythical and captivating, the fights are intense and levels are fabulous. It also is the first Halo I played in 2002 when it released in Europe. It remains my favorite !
Halo CE but Ive grown very fond of Halo 3.
Halo 2 and 3 have to be tied for me. 2 introduced the awesome competitive gameplay to me and 3 perfected it.
Tied between Halo 2, 3 and Reach for me.
Halo 2 really captured everything great about Halo CE and also made it better.

Halo 3 was great too, but felt like a more held back version of 2 at times.
Halo2>Halo3>Halo4>Halo1>Halo ODST
Halo 3 hands down.
Ill have to go with Halo 3.
CE
Halo ce is the origanal and best, at least in my opinion.
Love: Halo 3,Odst,2,1, Halo Wars, 4
Hate: Halo Reach
I want to say Halo 2. The campaign on this game was my favorite, I really enjoyed the characters and everything they went through here, although the ending was meh for me compared to all the other games, including ODST, 4 and Reach. Aside from the ending, the campaign was awesome, intense and for the first time you get to see the Covenant from the inside and see how the Elites are. It doesn't end there, the multiplayer, for it's time, was grand as well. It's a game with a good single player campaign and multiplayer online, at least back when it had it's servers, so it gets it's win for that.
I think Halo 3 is my favorite halo game because of forge and custom games.
Its between 3 and Reach with ODST as a runner up, I only started with Halo in 2008 with Halo 3 because of my age but I've played all but Spartan something and Halo 2 but there is just something in both of them competitively that Battlefield or CoD cant match.
Zimrino wrote:
Halo 3 ODST was my favorite. There was something about not being an invincible Spartan and actually feeling vulnerable. I had to decide if it was worth my limited supply of ammo to ambush this covenant patrol or try to sneak past. It was a nice mix to actually fear the covenant, and see them in a similar way that the Halo Universe sees and fears them. Also ODST are badass so there's that too.
Glad to see this, ive seen so many hate posts about ODST and i loved it. Its true i had to change my gaming style to fit the squishyness of the soldier and that made the game that much better
Halo Reach was good, finally playing someone different and the ending was epic, going down in a blaze of glory :)

Halo 1-halo3- Halo2 - ODST -Reach - Halo 4
Honestly, I'm stuck at a crossroads. I love Halo 3 for the multiplayer and weapons, but Reach had more customization and one of my favorite modes: firefight. the ranking up was an interesting concept introduced in Reach, so I suppose, due to the ties on campaign and music score, is better. I remember day 1 multiplayer for Halo 3, too. Good times, not many hackers, teammates communicated. I loved it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13