I played the mission Cortana in Halo 3 and the flood gave nightmares, I was 8 when I played it, still can't finish it on easy to this day. Did you have flood nightmares?
I was old enough that the only nightmares I was having were my gameplay being frequently interrupted by slow dialogue. :P But I probably would have had nightmares over CE's flood if I had played it when I was much younger.
I didn't get nightmares, but playing through 343 Guilty Spark on Ce, Sacred Icon & High Charity gave me the chills, but mostly High Charity since its atmosphere has horror to it, walking through the dark, misty corridors with a Flashlight with the Flood on is just next level Scary

Spoiler:
Show
I played the mission Cortana in Halo 3 and the flood gave nightmares, I was 8 when I played it, still can't finish it on easy to this day. Did you have flood nightmares?
No, I was more scared of the Halo 2 hunters and their music but Halo 1 flood scared me for a while. I had to play my music to push through those levels back then.
Jestzer wrote:
I was old enough that the only nightmares I was having were my gameplay being frequently interrupted by slow dialogue. :P But I probably would have had nightmares over CE's flood if I had played it when I was much younger.
Rock music while playing The Library on Legendary! But that one rocket punk who had dead aim with that thing... just pissed me off!!
No, I was more scared of the Halo 2 hunters and their music but Halo 1 flood scared me for a while. I had to play my music to push through those levels back then.
Just like I told the other guy, Rock or Metal while playing The Library on Legendary!!
The Flood wasn't that bad. I was a little creeped out playing Floodgate for the first time, but I pushed through it.
I miss the flood of Halo CE, I wish they back for Infinite, Yes I not speak english, sorry for my bad english
I always thought the Flood were creepy, but not scary. Never got nightmares, unless you count fighting them on Legendary in Halo 3 a nightmare - which I do, to be honest. Especially on Cortana, though Floodgate had a creepier atmosphere than Cortana.

Stalkers were annoying, ammo ran dry quickly, good weapons were rare, and Ranged were a menace. Not to mention the occasional Combat with an Energy Sword (ugh!)

Though on their own the Flood weren't as challenging as Brutes.
I remember when I got way too scared to enter the Flood room in 343 Guilty Spark in my first playthrough ever. But after that, just another cakewalk.
Here's some tips to help you:
  • Always keep a Sword, Hammer or Shotgun, especially the sword. A shotgun is a Combat form's worst nightmare, but you require some 3 shots (I think) to kill the tanks. Hammers are just as good, if not, better. It can kill 3-5 Combat forms with a single swing and, since it sends EVERYTHING flying to heaven, it prevents Tanks from even having a chance to attack you, allowing you to finish it with a second swing. The Sword however is their bane. Everything that touches it dies, not matter what... mostly;
  • Always try to save stickies (plasma or spike) to stick the carrier forms. In Halo 3, if they get stuck by one, it will kill the carrier AND all the infection forms inside;
  • Try to always have these weapons alongside the CQC ones: Plasma Rifle, Spiker, Brute Shot, BR, Fuel Rod. Dual wielding Plasma Rifles and Spikers are extremely effective against the Flood, even on Legendary. They melt them like a knife through butter. With the BR (or any headshot weapon, actually), aim at the center of their chest for a headshot kill. It's all more effective with a BR. The Brute Shot is extremely effective too, only taking 1-2 shots to kill a Combat form and Tanks don't last long themselves. Finally the Fuel Rod. It's good blast radius, fast rate of fire, fast reload, good magazine size and a large reserve ammunition make it one of, if not, the best weapon against the Flood. You should switch to it whenever possible;
  • Prioritize the Ranger forms (those stuck on the walls), but if anything gets close, kill them with your CQC weapon. After those pests are killed, you should prioritize Combat forms wielding weapons. One thing to note, however, is that the Tanks and Stalkers can still morph into a ranger, so always be prepared for anything.
Good luck.
Thank you silent rebel thank you
Halo 3 flood scared me just with the screeching