Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

H 3 anniversary or H 3 backwards compatibility

OP mikep40

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What would you rather have. It is up to you.
Easily would rather have Halo 3 Anniversary. It would be cool to have Halo 3 backwards compatible, but, if I want to play it I just fire up my 360 (though that may not be an option for everyone).
dryrain23 wrote:
Easily would rather have Halo 3 Anniversary. It would be cool to have Halo 3 backwards compatible, but, if I want to play it I just fire up my 360 (though that may not be an option for everyone).
I look at it like this. In the future there's only going to be Xbox one and Xbox scorpio. Why not keep the game alive by making it backwards compatible. Or just make it from the ground up. Idk
Making things backwards compatible does not bring in the dollars, MS is a business and it wants dollars.
Do both, since Halo 3 anniversary (If there will ever be one) will most likely have trouble switching between graphics from a 2007 game to a 2017 game, so just make halo 3 backwards compatible instead of switching the graphics, we get the best of both worlds :D
We have MCC, why isn't that an option? Its better than nothing
Because MCC is 5 shallow games put in one. They have no content but the base game
I'd rather have both. While an Anniversary addition would be awesome and will probably happen anyways (even though MS and 343 have denied it), you just can't beat the original.
mikep40 wrote:
dryrain23 wrote:
I look at it like this. In the future there's only going to be Xbox one and Xbox scorpio. Why not keep the game alive by making it backwards compatible. Or just make it from the ground up. Idk
I get what you're saying I've felt like BC should have been a thing on the Xbox One from day one. When I bought my Xbox I didn't realize it wasn't BC because the Xbox 360 already was so I was disappointed that I couldn't play Halo 3 on my One until MCC. That being said, MS put money into making the MCC and if Halo 3 is BC then its another way of shooting themselves in the foot because it would be another reason for people to not buy the MCC. At the end of the day a business is a business and they gotta get something out of the money and time they put into the MCC (even though it didn't work well)
mikep40 wrote:
Because MCC is 5 shallow games put in one. They have no content but the base game
Shallow games? You must be joking
Do both, since Halo 3 anniversary (If there will ever be one) will most likely have trouble switching between graphics from a 2007 game to a 2017 game, so just make halo 3 backwards compatible instead of switching the graphics, we get the best of both worlds :D
If MS by some chance did ever decide to port anything to PC then the MCC would be the one to port, IMO it would bring new players into the Halo universe and give them the history of Halo to better understand the story from Halo CE on wards, I think with Windows 10 and now Forge available on PC there is something definitely brewing behind the scenes, what ever the plan is it's very tight lipped ! my prediction is some form of Halo will come to PC, as soon as they work out how to make money from it, it won't be out of the goodness of their heart that's for sure, however ... everything is user pay's in this world and with the right structure they can make a killing and give PC buff's something that's been wanted and lacking from that community for a very long time.
No more Anniversary editions please. the MCC & back compat will be enough.
Also they can not do a H3A the same way HCEA & H2A were made so it can only be a remaster like what is already in the MCC or a complete remake like H2A mp which so many here disliked.
IMHO another Anniversary game would offically mark this franchise a laughing stock.
I'd like a fully remastered Halo 3. Anniversaries tend to have only like 5 maps. I want ALL the maps!
Halo 3 backwards compatible with Xbox One.

That will be the number one reason for me to upgrade.
Eric32289 wrote:
Halo 3 backwards compatible with Xbox One.

That will be the number one reason for me to upgrade.
Halo 3 on MCC is a decent remake for the Xbox One but the hit boxes are so incredibly janky that it almost ruins the multiplayer experience
ITS BROKEN! IT WILL ALWAYS BE BROKEN. idk why people think MCC is good enough to play. No game on MCC plays right. I'm sorry Id rather have the original version that works properly. Not a cheap knockoff version that only tarnishes the name of the game.
ITS BROKEN! IT WILL ALWAYS BE BROKEN. idk why people think MCC is good enough to play. No game on MCC plays right. I'm sorry Id rather have the original version that works properly. Not a cheap knockoff version that only tarnishes the name of the game.
It's broken but not unplayable. There's a distinct different. If you'd rather have the original, knock yourself out. While I too prefer the original, Ill go with MCC because at least there's the ability to play online with CE and Halo 2. It's not a cheap knockoff, it was made by the same company that brought us Halo 4 and Halo 5
It's broken but not unplayable. There's a distinct different. If you'd rather have the original, knock yourself out. While I too prefer the original, Ill go with MCC because at least there's the ability to play online with CE and Halo 2. It's not a cheap knockoff, it was made by the same company that brought us Halo 4 and Halo 5
And halo 4 was the worst halo ever. Halo 5 is the second worst. It's a cheap knock off from a cheap knock off company that makes halo now. We're talking about a company that used to make toys for halo. So if they can make toys they can make a game right?
And halo 4 was the worst halo ever. Halo 5 is the second worst. It's a cheap knock off from a cheap knock off company that makes halo now. We're talking about a company that used to make toys for halo. So if they can make toys they can make a game right?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. So if you think Halo 4 and Halo 5 are the worst Halo games ever and MCC is broken, why are you here on the forums?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. So if you think Halo 4 and Halo 5 are the worst Halo games ever and MCC is broken, why are you here on the forums?
To make a difference. It's also not really an opinion when population count and many others have the same opinion. At that point it turns more into a fact. Also I love the games on mcc and I love halo 3 so I'm gonna fight to give it the remaster it deserves not a 60fps upgrade AND adding a bunch of bugs to the game that never existed in the original game also.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2