Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

H2: Why is legendary campaign that difficulty?

OP ordainedcrown7

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
In MCC, I'm trying to beat the game on legendary difficulty to get the legend achievement so that I will be given the helioskrill armor for H5. In my mind, I was thinking that it will not be that difficulty but it is difficulty. They shot me about four or five shots for me to be dead. Beating the H2 legendary campaign is like the most difficulty game out of all of the other halo games and I can't get pass the first mission: Cairo Station. I kinda pass the first part but I'm at the part where the elites have jet packs and they just flying around too much. I kept on dying like about gazillions of times and It was frustrating and embarrassing. I really want to know why is H2 campaign legendary is the most difficulty game out there, I also want to know why did Bungie make it that difficulty and tricky.
In MCC, I'm trying to beat the game on legendary difficulty to get the legend achievement so that I will be given the helioskrill armor for H5. In my mind, I was thinking that it will not be that difficulty but it is difficulty. They shot me about four or five shots for me to be dead. Beating the H2 legendary campaign is like the most difficulty game out of all of the other halo games and I can't get pass the first mission: Cairo Station. I kinda pass the first part but I'm at the part where the elites have jet packs and they just flying around too much. I kept on dying like about gazillions of times and It was frustrating and embarrassing. I really want to know why is H2 campaign legendary is the most difficulty game out there, I also want to know why did 343 make it that difficulty and tricky.
long story short halo 2 was made in made in one year( the development of game went horribly wrong at one point and had to make the game agian from scratch) and they didn't have time to properly balance the difficulty of the game also halo 1,2,3 were made by bungie not 343
jjnk12345 wrote:
In MCC, I'm trying to beat the game on legendary difficulty to get the legend achievement so that I will be given the helioskrill armor for H5. In my mind, I was thinking that it will not be that difficulty but it is difficulty. They shot me about four or five shots for me to be dead. Beating the H2 legendary campaign is like the most difficulty game out of all of the other halo games and I can't get pass the first mission: Cairo Station. I kinda pass the first part but I'm at the part where the elites have jet packs and they just flying around too much. I kept on dying like about gazillions of times and It was frustrating and embarrassing. I really want to know why is H2 campaign legendary is the most difficulty game out there, I also want to know why did 343 make it that difficulty and tricky.
long story short halo 2 was made in made in one year( the development of game went horribly wrong at one point and had to make the game agian from scratch) and they didn't have time to properly balance the difficulty of the game also halo 1,2,3 were made by bungie not 343
I edit back through my long story and change the author name to Bungie
The reason why legendary difficulty in Halo 2 is so hard, is because Chief (the player) has the second smallest health pool (Only weaker creature in the game being the infection form) meaning he has less health than grunts and jackals. In addition to that, the rate of fire and projectile speed for enemies is increased, making it even harder.
Hao 2 on legendary is very unbalanced and the hardest in the series.
As a little note, if you havent completed Cairo Station yet, then you have been spared of the Infamous Sniper Jackals so far
Halo 2 was completely scrapped mid-development and remade from scratch. They had everything pretty much nailed, but at the last seconds Bungie thought that the current number of enemies would be too overwhelming to the player. So, to compensate, they removed some enemies from some encounters and buffed the remaining, creating an extremely punishing and unrelenting Legendary. Trust me when I say you'll want to throw your controller out the window when I say that you'll face hell in Metropolis, Delta Halo, Regret and Gravemind. The rest aren't as unforgiving, but you should always be aware.
Oh, it's also likely that you'll get kigyarscopophobia mid-gameplay.
As for the jetpack Elites in Cairo Station, get a PP and keep the BR. 2 Plasma Rifles are also a good choice but you're more likely to die.
Actman has a really good video on the topic.

Why Is Halo 2's Campaign SO F**KING HARD?! (Ft. Hokiebird428)
In MCC, I'm trying to beat the game on legendary difficulty to get the legend achievement so that I will be given the helioskrill armor for H5. In my mind, I was thinking that it will not be that difficulty but it is difficulty. They shot me about four or five shots for me to be dead. Beating the H2 legendary campaign is like the most difficulty game out of all of the other halo games and I can't get pass the first mission: Cairo Station. I kinda pass the first part but I'm at the part where the elites have jet packs and they just flying around too much. I kept on dying like about gazillions of times and It was frustrating and embarrassing. I really want to know why is H2 campaign legendary is the most difficulty game out there, I also want to know why did Bungie make it that difficulty and tricky.
Guess you probably want tips

Elites: Plasma pistol and headshot gun or use grenades.

Brutes: To defeat the brutes, shoot them until they die. (Preferably in the head with a headshot gun)

Jackal snipers: You'll have to memorize or get lucky on a first try. Especially on the earth missions.

Always carry a gun that can headshot.

In close quarters situations, run away when you trigger an enemy to get better cover.

Sometimes, you can run past encounters.
Guess you probably want tips

Elites: Plasma pistol and headshot gun or use grenades.

Brutes: To defeat the brutes, shoot them until they die. (Preferably in the head with a headshot gun)

Jackal snipers: You'll have to memorize or get lucky on a first try. Especially on the earth missions.

Always carry a gun that can headshot.

In close quarters situations, run away when you trigger an enemy to get better cover.

Sometimes, you can run past encounters.
This is about it right here
I guess you should say "Preferably the Halo missions", because those are what almost made me want to throw my controller out the window. Earth missions really aren't that hard compared to Delta Halo or Regret which are true sniper Jackal hell.
I guess you should say "Preferably the Halo missions", because those are what almost made me want to throw my controller out the window. Earth missions really aren't that hard compared to Delta Halo or Regret which are true sniper Jackal hell.
High Charity too if that one cloaked sniper Flood isn't killed by the Covenant, it's in the (dark) hall before the Iron skull.
High Charity too if that one cloaked sniper Flood isn't killed by the Covenant, it's in the (dark) hall before the Iron skull.
Never heard of that. In any case, rushing through this mission is the best thing you can do to minimize deaths. I barely remember how I did it because I went through this mission so fast lol.
Halo 2 has the highest skill ceiling and i'll concede it's likely the most difficult Halo game to do on Legendary but it's not THAT hard at all.

The issue with Halo 2 is people get overwhelmed. There's alot the individual player has to learn. For example:

- Co-op is a no go unless both players have discipline
- Noob combo (popularised by Bungie) is your best friend for most Elites
- Memorise the Jackal spawns as they are very consistent
- Disciplined peaking for Jackal snipers/noob combo (to prevent damage/death)
- Always carry and manage a headshot capable weapon, preferably a Carbine/BR
- Always manage and plan weapons accordingly to map spawns.

Most people fall and fail at the Jackal Snipers and lack discipline. In most of the gameplay complaining about Jackal Snipers, players are wide peaking and asking to be one shot. If they wide peak and miss the shot, they're dead and then blame the game when they simply lack the foresight to stay close to cover.

Is the game difficult? Yes, otherwise we wouldn't have posts like these. Is it unfair? Not at all. Once you learn and get into the rhythm, it's not really difficult outside of the boss fights and a handful of sections (Metropolis Gauss Warthog Jackal spawns come to mind 30+).

Once you can deal with the above, you will sail through the game in no time. It's a matter of learning the game and how it works, the same with anything else.
Never heard of that. In any case, rushing through this mission is the best thing you can do to minimize deaths. I barely remember how I did it because I went through this mission so fast lol.
You have to kill to open the tall door leading into the chamber, I don't know if it's possible to do it before the Flood reinforcements.

Halo 2 has the highest skill ceiling and i'll concede it's likely the most difficult Halo game to do on Legendary but it's not THAT hard at all.

The issue with Halo 2 is people get overwhelmed. There's alot the individual player has to learn. For example:

Most people fall and fail at the Jackal Snipers and lack discipline. In most of the gameplay complaining about Jackal Snipers, players are wide peaking and asking to be one shot. If they wide peak and miss the shot, they're dead and then blame the game when they simply lack the foresight to stay close to cover.

Is the game difficult? Yes, otherwise we wouldn't have posts like these. Is it unfair? Not at all. Once you learn and get into the rhythm, it's not really difficult outside of the boss fights and a handful of sections (Metropolis Gauss Warthog Jackal spawns come to mind 30+).

Once you can deal with the above, you will sail through the game in no time. It's a matter of learning the game and how it works, the same with anything else.
Snipers spawning at the beginning of Outskirts is random between multiple locations, also time since I sometimes get a sniper as the Phantom is coming and sometimes I don't.

It's also random at the beginning of Regret.

Despite the Jackal Sniper spawns being consistent they can still break you, ESPECIALLY in the penultimate section of Delta Halo. It took me some 3 HOURS of RAGE AND PATIENCE to complete it because there's too many that spawn at the same location, you have to trigger a loading point or they won't appear and the drones that make the job stupid difficult unnecessarily. The only other room that gave me that problem is the underwater section with the big Regret hologram, albeit a bit easier.
Despite the Jackal Sniper spawns being consistent they can still break you, ESPECIALLY in the penultimate section of Delta Halo. It took me some 3 HOURS of RAGE AND PATIENCE to complete it because there's too many that spawn at the same location, you have to trigger a loading point or they won't appear and the drones that make the job stupid difficult unnecessarily. The only other room that gave me that problem is the underwater section with the big Regret hologram, albeit a bit easier.
The tunnel is a decent place to attack the Drones and there is a SMG nearby.
You have to kill to open the tall door leading into the chamber, I don't know if it's possible to do it before the Flood reinforcements.

Snipers spawning at the beginning of Outskirts is random between multiple locations, also time since I sometimes get a sniper as the Phantom is coming and sometimes I don't.

It's also random at the beginning of Regret.
True, but regardless of this they still have a finite amount of spawn locations, hence they can be learned and checked. If a Jackal is not in one location, then you check the next spot. Peaking effectively helps to mitigate the chances of being one shot. It just requires patience and practice regardless.

I do see your point though.
True, but regardless of this they still have a finite amount of spawn locations, hence they can be learned and checked. If a Jackal is not in one location, then you check the next spot. Peaking effectively helps to mitigate the chances of being one shot. It just requires patience and practice regardless.

I do see your point though.
At least on Outskirts there the glass to check one or two spots and Johnson to get shot at, Regret no so much those guys are standing behind something on a regular basis and don't move unless disturbed (mostly, the room with the giant hologram is this x11) .
Halo 2 was completely scrapped mid-development and remade from scratch. They had everything pretty much nailed, but at the last seconds Bungie thought that the current number of enemies would be too overwhelming to the player. So, to compensate, they removed some enemies from some encounters and buffed the remaining, creating an extremely punishing and unrelenting Legendary. Trust me when I say you'll want to throw your controller out the window when I say that you'll face hell in Metropolis, Delta Halo, Regret and Gravemind. The rest aren't as unforgiving, but you should always be aware.
As for the jetpack Elites in Cairo Station, get a PP and keep the BR. 2 Plasma Rifles are also a good choice but you're more likely to die.
ok but I got a story for the controller part, I don't throw controllers around even if I'm raging, it won't count as me throwing a controller out the window and controllers are an expensive remote to get. If the controller is broken, I won't able to play my console and it will be a pain then gives me nightmares that I play xbox one, lol.
ok but I got a story for the controller part, I don't throw controllers around even if I'm raging, it won't count as me throwing a controller out the window and controllers are an expensive remote to get. If the controller is broken, I won't able to play my console and it will be a pain then gives me nightmares that I play xbox one, lol.
You could say I included that part simply for exaggeration, but I had that feeling a lot of times, ESPECIALLY in Delta Halo where my already-big hatred for Jackals hit a new low.
Rangers aren't though enemies, in The Gravemind they sometimes lose to a Jackal sniper or Drones and sometimes they win.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2