Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

H3 System Link why can't I use map packs offline

OP Ix ant xI

Why?
I get on XBL
I download the packs
I start OG H3 disk on 360
I can load the maps
I plug in ethernet to another 360 that has H3 Multiplayer disk from ODST (which kicks me from the wifi)
It says I failed to load any map pack maps...
Wtf
Why is this and how can I fix it?
Pls halp! T_T
only thing i know you can do is use another mythic multiplayer disc instead but that would involve you buying another halo 3 odst for it. Other than that, i have no idea what the issue is
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the help.
This issue shouldn't be happening, but having run many Halo LANS ill run my hot fix for the issue if applicable. Are you connecting the Consoles 360-360, XBXONE-360, and are you using a lan spilter or just one ethernet cable?
Ix ant xI wrote:
It's nothing to be afraid of. Honestly, Halo 3: ODST sells for $5 or less at most stores. The multiplayer disk is always best for system link/LAN parties because it has all the maps.
Ix ant xI wrote:
It's nothing to be afraid of. Honestly, Halo 3: ODST sells for $5 or less at most stores. The multiplayer disk is always best for system link/LAN parties because it has all the maps.
This setup is also the best set for LAN. I would also recommend using 2 360s since Halo 3 on Xbox One doesn't work quite right all the time. The backwards combustibility and the Xbox One infrastructure doesn't really make well for LAN games from 360.
Ix ant xI wrote:
This setup is also the best set for LAN. I would also recommend using 2 360s since Halo 3 on Xbox One doesn't work quite right all the time. The backwards combustibility and the Xbox One infrastructure doesn't really make well for LAN games from 360.
You're absolutely right. Xbox 360's should be used for LAN parties and system link games. Don't use an Xbox One, it's already a pain to use on it's own.
You're absolutely right. Xbox 360's should be used for LAN parties and system link games. Don't use an Xbox One, it's already a pain to use on it's own.
Overall sentiment on the Xbox One aside, Halo MCC now has some serious LAN capabilities:
Thoughts and Tips on a 16-player Halo MCC LANThe 360 does have some technologies that make ad-hoc Halo LANs pretty easy though.
Ix ant xI wrote:
Why?
I get on XBL
I download the packs
I start OG H3 disk on 360
I can load the maps
I plug in ethernet to another 360 that has H3 Multiplayer disk from ODST (which kicks me from the wifi)
It says I failed to load any map pack maps...
Wtf
Why is this and how can I fix it?
Pls halp! T_T
Are both Xbox 360 consoles up to date with system updates? Do both systems have hard drives?