Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Hackers in Halo 3?

OP PLASMASPARTAN54

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I was just curious and decided to play Halo 3 online on the Xbox 360. I was surprised to find out that people still play this game, and this was the only time I think I encountered a hacker or two.

I can't state their names as I don't remember them, but all that was happening was me finding a group of players to start a game, the game loading a map, and then out of nowhere I get kicked out. This has never ever happened to me until then, and I wonder if anyone else encountered this issue.

As for what I did after, I just exited to play some Crackdown 2.
Really unlucky. Playing Halo 3 often in the last year I've only encountered one hacker.
Really unlucky. Playing Halo 3 often in the last year I've only encountered one hacker.
I've only played Halo 3 recently for that one time. I wonder If I return to it, then I can actually play matches.
I've only played Halo 3 recently for that one time. I wonder If I return to it, then I can actually play matches.
try social slayer it seems to be the only playlist alive thought it might take some time to find matches
jjnk12345 wrote:
try social slayer it seems to be the only playlist alive thought it might take some time to find matches
Yeah. That was the playlist which had the hackers.
Thank you so much for reminding me that Halo 3 is still played on the 360, playing it next!
And I don't find many hackers, just trashtalkers.
gage09 wrote:
Thank you so much for reminding me that Halo 3 is still played on the 360, playing it next!
Hello,

Ive encounter hackers. Two I run into all the time are a dude named silent_knight another name Halo 343 or something,
Any time I load up Halo 3, I'll encounter at least one hacker per play session. Its not monitored like it was back in its prime so people can get away with quite a bit. That's why you'll often see people have service records with 500,000+ EXP but have only played 1,000 games.
Any time I load up Halo 3, I'll encounter at least one hacker per play session. Its not monitored like it was back in its prime so people can get away with quite a bit. That's why you'll often see people have service records with 500,000+ EXP but have only played 1,000 games.
I don't usually count those people as hackers. It's possible for another player to change another's rank without the account's owner tampering with the game in any way or consenting.

This happened to me in Call of Duty: World at War.
I don't usually count those people as hackers. It's possible for another player to change another's rank without the account's owner tampering with the game in any way or consenting.

yep. i joined a normal seeming lone wolves game, i was rank 39 at the time, we got 4 people in a game and one of them aimbotted the hell out of us, he sent us all a message saying "check your service records" and next thing i know im highest skill 50 when im a 1 in all playlists apart from lone wolves where im 39. Modders on halo 3 can give everyone in a lobby a service record 50 and 99999 xp if they want to
Axo wrote:

yep. i joined a normal seeming lone wolves game, i was rank 39 at the time, we got 4 people in a game and one of them aimbotted the hell out of us, he sent us all a message saying "check your service records" and next thing i know im highest skill 50 when im a 1 in all playlists apart from lone wolves where im 39. Modders on halo 3 can give everyone in a lobby a service record 50 and 99999 xp if they want to
That one game I got into that had a hacker was actually pretty frightening, because I only noticed the XP bug after. He used aimbot, jumped to the skybox of the map and sped around at high speeds. I thought he messed up my XP so it wouldn't count up.
Axo wrote:

I hate those kinds of hackers, so annoying!

It's still a way to mess with the system which means they have the ability to do more but choose not too. It just shows that people are getting away with quite a bit, that's all. The old Banhammer has slowed down quite a bit.

It's still a way to mess with the system which means they have the ability to do more but choose not too. It just shows that people are getting away with quite a bit, that's all. The old Banhammer has slowed down quite a bit.
halo 3 cheats were really basic before 2014, once mcc released cheats became rampant since 343 wont manual ban anyone and im pretty sure they disabled bungie's anticheat. 343 ignoring halo 3 enabled people to work on rank and exp mods that were instant bans before.Alot of people who started cheating after mcc release are still not banned today ( not sure if naming names is allowed but anyone whos played in high matches knows the guys im talking about)
Axo wrote:

halo 3 cheats were really basic before 2014, once mcc released cheats became rampant since 343 wont manual ban anyone and im pretty sure they disabled bungie's anticheat. 343 ignoring halo 3 enabled people to work on rank and exp mods that were instant bans before.Alot of people who started cheating after mcc release are still not banned today ( not sure if naming names is allowed but anyone whos played in high matches knows the guys im talking about)
Naming/calling out people is NOT allowed so good on you for not doing so. Halo 3 runs on Xbox 360 servers that Microsoft controls which is why not much attention is paid to cheaters. At this point, with how old the servers are, Microsoft just keeps em running so people can continue to play online. This is also why there are still issues with earning EXP. Its a problem on Microsoft's end so 343 Industries can't do anything about it even if they wanted to.
gage09 wrote:
I trashtalk trashtalkers 24/7, It's fun messing around with them & getting in their heads, until I do have to put the mic down eventually cause it gets a bit crazy after a while xd
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
odio a personas que usan hacks esos son los verdaderos noobs que solo se la pasan jodiendo a los demás jugadores
One time in Xbox 360 Halo 3 Snowbound an aimbotter made it so when you jump you jump super high so you can't jump when outside the bases or you get killed I have it in my file share
One time in Xbox 360 Halo 3 Snowbound an aimbotter made it so when you jump you jump super high so you can't jump when outside the bases or you get killed I have it in my file share
Sounds like the kind of mods/hacks from the matchmaking days of Halo 2
Yeah, I e encounters a few before. They had a complete aim bot as well as permanent oversheild. It takes away a lot of the fun
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2