Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY ON THE XBOX360? YOU DECIDE!

OP ScowlingSphere

Remember how graphically and visually stunning halo 4 still was as an Xbox360 game back in the day? If you do, then you know with time, care, patience, and a little love, what i am suggesting could be possible, IS possible. so what do you think? would it be a good thing for everyone if 343 industries watered down the graphics of Xbox one's halo 2 anniversary just a pinch, (other than those awsome blur cutscenes,) and released it for the Xbox 360? is it a really stupid idea? would it be a bad thing for us? would it be bad for them? should anyone even care? would we care? your the community, you decide! comment, discuss, and share together on the topic as much as you want to.

Also feel free if you want to, to give some love to one of our amazing and dedicated Spartans out there for animating this stunning fan-made trailer that's loosely related to this discussion's topic=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKWgz1GQKxk
Why? The Xbox 360 is over 12 years old. The 360 is unable to handle the amount of details H2A has to offer. Even if 343i manages to reduce the graphics for the 360 to cope, it'll be nothing like the Xbox One not even half (potentially) in terms of appearance.

Don't use the emulator argument against me, the emulator is simulated to run like the 360 not natively off from the Xbox One.

Lazy Link
No point.

BlueChief117 gave you the technical reason, let me ask you the following question:

Why would they invest all that time and money to port H2A from x86 (Xbox One/PC) to PowerPC, scale back the effects (try to optimise), run QA tests to see if it all runs correctly (takes time) and release the game on a platform where games are almost certainly seeing a large decline in sales, to not make any profit?

Shareholders will certainly love the idea. Spend money to lose money. I don't think it would sit well, nor would the game sell well.

A standalone Xbox One version with a completely reworked UI and Halo 2 Xbox's Matchmaking ported over would be good though.
Xbox 360 is unfortunately already on it's way out the door so I don't think they'll be releasing any more games or content on it.
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
Xbox 360 is unfortunately already on it's way out the door so I don't think they'll be releasing any more games or content on it.
Actually, it does appear that a VERY small number of games are still being released for it, such as FIFA 18 which came out 6 months ago and included a 360 version. I'm also pretty sure they will release a few more updates for the system that deal with maintenance and the like. With that said I do get your point and what the OP is suggesting is completely out of the question.
if you guys want to play halo 2 on original hardware, joint this discord and we will get you going. we play everyday, bring a headset! it works on 360 too. https://discord.gg/JStTEN
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
With as much as I hate to agree with this, he's right. It sucks going into a Gamestop and seeing all the Xbox 360 games and accessories stuffed onto a shelf in the middle of the store and basically clearanced or walking into a thrift store and finding Xbox 360 consoles for $20. I love the Xbox 360 and, to me, is the greatest console ever made. It sucks to see that it's coming to an end.
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
With as much as I hate to agree with this, he's right. It sucks going into a Gamestop and seeing all the Xbox 360 games and accessories stuffed onto a shelf in the middle of the store and basically clearanced or walking into a thrift store and finding Xbox 360 consoles for $20. I love the Xbox 360 and, to me, is the greatest console ever made. It sucks to see that it's coming to an end.
I agree with you, but unfortunately that's just part of a console's life cycle. The 360 did survive quite a bit though much more than the original.
As with the retro Nintendo consoles I don't know if 20-30 years down the line we'll see the 360 peaking at collectible prices. I feel like it will be kept alive via Backwards Compatibility.
Sadly that's not ever going to happen, Xbox 360 has passed its due by date now that next-gen is out, I doubt 343I would want to put resources towards porting a game to a dying console.
Remember how graphically and visually stunning halo 4 still was as an Xbox360 game back in the day? If you do, then you know with time, care, patience, and a little love, what i am suggesting could be possible, IS possible. so what do you think? would it be a good thing for everyone if 343 industries watered down the graphics of Xbox one's halo 2 anniversary just a pinch, (other than those awsome blur cutscenes,) and released it for the Xbox 360? is it a really stupid idea? would it be a bad thing for us? would it be bad for them? should anyone even care? would we care? your the community, you decide! comment, discuss, and share together on the topic as much as you want to.

Also feel free if you want to, to give some love to one of our amazing and dedicated Spartans out there for animating this stunning fan-made trailer that's loosely related to this discussion's topic=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKWgz1GQKxk
While everyone deserves access to as many games as possible, the Xbox 360 already supports the original Xbox version of Halo 2 so those who are strictly Xbox 360 users already have access to the game that way.

We've all seen Call of Duty: Black Ops III on the previous generation, so I think we can all agree that it's time to let those consoles rest in peace.
This is never gonna happen, seeing how the xb360 is over a decade old. Most people have upgraded to PC or moved to xb1 by now.
I like the thought, but it just wouldn't work out well. I do like the idea of a standalone halo 2 anniversary for the Xbox one that James060394 mentioned
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
I agree with you, but unfortunately that's just part of a console's life cycle. The 360 did survive quite a bit though much more than the original.
As with the retro Nintendo consoles I don't know if 20-30 years down the line we'll see the 360 peaking at collectible prices. I feel like it will be kept alive via Backwards Compatibility.
I know it is. Just makes me feel old! LOL! I just turned 29 yesterday
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
Happy Belated Birthday! Yeah I know how you feel. Still remember the good days with Halo CE
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
Happy Belated Birthday! Yeah I know how you feel. Still remember the good days with Halo CE
Thank you! I remember the old Halo CE days, too. I miss those days