Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 2 Backward Compatibilty

OP Rath of Rabbits

Pretty straight forward request.
Yeah I don't see this ever happening, ya know...because MCC exists and whatnot.
such a shame because MCC halo 2 isn't halo 2 at all.
I would rather Halo 2 be backwards compatible because it would be nice to have the original game, main menu and more on Xbox One. Plus, System Link is a bonus for LAN parties.

It's great that they're working on MCC but options are even better.
such a shame because MCC halo 2 isn't halo 2 at all.
It's actually the PC release, not the OG Xbox release. Which I thought was stupid but what can you do about it now? I'd love to have Halo 2 backwards compatible myself for that very reason.
IDX Rider wrote:
such a shame because MCC halo 2 isn't halo 2 at all.
It's actually the PC release, not the OG Xbox release. Which I thought was stupid but what can you do about it now? I'd love to have Halo 2 backwards compatible myself for that very reason.
It made sense from a technical perspective, both Halo PC and Halo 2 Vista were already ported to run on x86 architecture so it shouldn't have taken as long to get it up and running on the Xbox One.

That said, both versions had their issues especially the abomination that was Halo 2 Vista. Unfortunately, some of these issues carried over whilst new ones were created entirely.
IDX Rider wrote:
such a shame because MCC halo 2 isn't halo 2 at all.
It's actually the PC release, not the OG Xbox release. Which I thought was stupid but what can you do about it now? I'd love to have Halo 2 backwards compatible myself for that very reason.
It made sense from a technical perspective, both Halo PC and Halo 2 Vista were already ported to run on x86 architecture so it shouldn't have taken as long to get it up and running on the Xbox One.

That said, both versions had their issues especially the abomination that was Halo 2 Vista. Unfortunately, some of these issues carried over whilst new ones were created entirely.
Oh I understand. It's just because of the issues is why I'm curious why they would port it. The only logical reason I was able to think of was, because it was ported to PC and that's what they were using, it would be easier to work with regarding visuals. To me, I consider that "cutting corners".
BxSouIjah wrote:
Yeah I don't see this ever happening, ya know...because MCC exists and whatnot.
Then explain Halo 3 BC coming out after MCC.
Canine252 wrote:
BxSouIjah wrote:
Yeah I don't see this ever happening, ya know...because MCC exists and whatnot.
Then explain Halo 3 BC coming out after MCC.
Sure, one of those games is on the 360, and the other is on the original Xbox.
BxSouIjah wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
BxSouIjah wrote:
Yeah I don't see this ever happening, ya know...because MCC exists and whatnot.
Then explain Halo 3 BC coming out after MCC.
Sure, one of those games is on the 360, and the other is on the original Xbox.
Your point? Xbox One can play OG Xbox games, if they can add KOTOR and many other games then they can add Halo 2.
Canine252 wrote:
BxSouIjah wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
BxSouIjah wrote:
Yeah I don't see this ever happening, ya know...because MCC exists and whatnot.
Then explain Halo 3 BC coming out after MCC.
Sure, one of those games is on the 360, and the other is on the original Xbox.
Your point? Xbox One can play OG Xbox games, if they can add KOTOR and many other games then they can add Halo 2.
I guess I was referring to the online multiplayer capability. I see no reason to believe that Microsoft would "turn on" the old servers for that game.
BxSouIjah wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
BxSouIjah wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
BxSouIjah wrote:
Yeah I don't see this ever happening, ya know...because MCC exists and whatnot.
Then explain Halo 3 BC coming out after MCC.
Sure, one of those games is on the 360, and the other is on the original Xbox.
Your point? Xbox One can play OG Xbox games, if they can add KOTOR and many other games then they can add Halo 2.
I guess I was referring to the online multiplayer capability. I see no reason to believe that Microsoft would "turn on" the old servers for that game.
And Rath of Rabbits never mentioned turning the servers back on in addition.
BxSouIjah wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
BxSouIjah wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
BxSouIjah wrote:
Yeah I don't see this ever happening, ya know...because MCC exists and whatnot.
Then explain Halo 3 BC coming out after MCC.
Sure, one of those games is on the 360, and the other is on the original Xbox.
Your point? Xbox One can play OG Xbox games, if they can add KOTOR and many other games then they can add Halo 2.
I guess I was referring to the online multiplayer capability. I see no reason to believe that Microsoft would "turn on" the old servers for that game.
They wouldn't lol. No idea where the idea of them turning on multiplayer servers of older games again came from when discussing BC for original Xbox games. Unless they mention it, then it's something that will never happen when it comes to the original Xbox games with online multiplayer.