Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 2 Backwards Compatible..?

OP Veltain

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Honestly I'd assume with the MCC 2018 patch releasing sometime in the near future to address issues, you would think that they wouldn't mess with Halo 2 because alot of issues are addressed and already contains more functionality than the base game did.

Yeah, I know Superbouncing is nearly impossible now, but tbh, it -Yoinking!- ruined multiplayer hard.
They won't touch the games at all, just the functionality of the MCC as a whole.

Superbouncing was fun but it didn't ruin multiplayer, modders/hackers did. Getting passed a 34 was truly impossible without cheating
I managed a 42 with no cheating in Team Slayer. I just said Superbouncing ruined it because if you didn't do it, the enemy did. And if they did and the remaining 3 were about to cost a match, they'd quit and let the bouncer hide, usually with a sniper, outside the map. If you didn't know the jumps yourself, you pretty much lost because there were no quit penalties. It only mattered if your team won regardless if you quit.

But back on topic, I agree. I only see MCC functionality being fixed and updated to keep the community together as a whole. It WOULD be nice if H3 wasn't voted so much either tho. I'd like to play other BTB variants than Avalanche CTF all the time.
Honestly I'd assume with the MCC 2018 patch releasing sometime in the near future to address issues, you would think that they wouldn't mess with Halo 2 because alot of issues are addressed and already contains more functionality than the base game did.

Yeah, I know Superbouncing is nearly impossible now, but tbh, it -Yoinking!- ruined multiplayer hard.
They won't touch the games at all, just the functionality of the MCC as a whole.

Superbouncing was fun but it didn't ruin multiplayer, modders/hackers did. Getting passed a 34 was truly impossible without cheating
I managed a 42 with no cheating in Team Slayer. I just said Superbouncing ruined it because if you didn't do it, the enemy did. And if they did and the remaining 3 were about to cost a match, they'd quit and let the bouncer hide, usually with a sniper, outside the map. If you didn't know the jumps yourself, you pretty much lost because there were no quit penalties. It only mattered if your team won regardless if you quit.

But back on topic, I agree. I only see MCC functionality being fixed and updated to keep the community together as a whole. It WOULD be nice if H3 wasn't voted so much either tho. I'd like to play other BTB variants than Avalanche CRY all the time.
If you managed an honest 42 without cheating, you are incredibly lucky because that sort of thing just didn't happen back in the day. I would disagree with the superbouncing. If you knew how to superbounce, you could easily counter. I don't think it made that big of a difference. But hey, everyone had their own experiences.

I agree with you 100%. Complete functionality of MCC would be nice. Having Halo 3 not voted for as much would be icing on the cake. An unranked Halo CE Team Slayer playlist would be great too
Okay I've been searching forever all I wanna know is can I play halo 2 one xbox one?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2