Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

[Locked] Halo 2 for PC flickering issue

OP noobin8r

I've installed Halo 2 for the PC and I'm having a rather noticeable graphical issue. Certain objects are flickering badly. Such as the city background in the menu screen, and certain objects during game play. Some objects are flickering and some aren't.

I've found others reporting the same issue here: http://halo.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=12134984&postRepeater1-p=1#12169622

The other people who were having this issue said they fixed it by updating their graphics drives, but these were really old posts from years ago and the drivers have no doubt changed many times since then.

Can anyone please help me to get this working?

I'm currently running the latest drivers. (GeForce 334.89) and I'm still getting this issue.

My graphics card is an EVGA GTX Titan Hydro Copper
My CPU is an Intel Core i7
Windows 7 (64 bit)
Hello there,

Having exactly the same issue.

Bad flickering on objects - its horrible.

Initially thought it was being caused by AO through the drivers, but disabled that and its still occurring.

GTX 760 with 334.89 drivers

Also Win 7 x64.

I think NVIDIA fixed this in a very old driver release years back; but it has since been removed and due to lack of demand not re-implemented.

Maybe we are the last two...
I sent feedback to nVidia about this. I think that only nVidia cards have this issue.
Yeah, seems to be.

I also sent feedback to them; have you had any response?

I've had nothing back so far.

I'm thinking if we can get enough attention they may put the fix back in that they implemented in the older drivers.
I'm running Windows 8 with nvidia GeForce GTX760 and having massive image flickering too. I thought it might be a Windows problem at first but in the end I'm convinced it the card and drivers.
Posted on the Nvidia forum about it: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/720939/pc-games/halo-2-flickering-on-nvidia-cards/
If enough of us post on the thread they might fix it.
Just posted there. lets hope they fix.
NVIDIA recently updated my support call with them, as far as I understand they have identified the bug that they fixed in the prior drivers and should be reintroducing the fix into upcoming drivers.

Keep an eye out for new drivers and then test.
Ok that's good news to hear. I was just about to ask if anyone else was having this problem. I hope they will update the drivers soon.
Hello all,

NVIDIA have released a new driver (337.81).

I have tested this myself and the issue is resolved!

Download and test for yourselves:

Download from Guru3d

Looks like our reports/forum posts to NVIDIA were successful!
Excellent news! I will test this and report back! Great to hear Nividia has listened to us!

*EDIT* Yes I have just downloaded and installed the driver. I loaded up Halo 2 and it works perfectly now! Thank you for informing us about this patch.
Do any of you know a fix for Intel drivers? While its not the biggest problem in the world the flickering is really annoying at times, especially on the main menu. I know this post was made years ago but I'm getting pretty desperate for a fix...
Do any of you know a fix for Intel drivers? While its not the biggest problem in the world the flickering is really annoying at times, especially on the main menu. I know this post was made years ago but I'm getting pretty desperate for a fix...
You should try creating a new thread to get assistance, using a old thread makes things harder.