Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 2 for vista works on windows 10!!

OP BurstingSun402

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I've tried it some time on windows 8 before. It was pretty laggy.. The only way to play it on windows 8 is to download files.
Now when i try it on windows 10 it works fine! No need to download files. Works as it should no lag.
The only sad thing is that there is no one on online, I dont really know if the servers work since Games for Windows Live is down.

This info might make someone happy.
I just upgraded to Windows 10, and I was actually worried that Halo 2 PC might not work, but I hear that it does? That is amazing. I love this OS already.
Do you still need the Games for Windows Live Client or does the Xbox app replace that?

I might actually install my copy if it works flawlessly, too bad the port itself however is flawed. I kinda wish Microsoft would update Halo 2 Vista such as the FOV so I won't have to manually fix that with third party software or at least bring the Master Chief Collection to Windows 10 so that has everything already fixed and I could play all the other Halo games on it cross platform with Xbox One users.

Though I image that Microsoft wants to keep Halo a console exclusive for the most part.
You still need the GFWL client. Hopefully they might update it someday. Or bring us a new halo for pc.
You still need the GFWL client. Hopefully they might update it someday. Or bring us a new halo for pc.
Dang.

Hopefully I still have use for my product key. I had installed it on this computer 2 times with clean installs of Windows 7 and one time with Windows 8.1

Honestly if MS eliminated the product key, more people would be able to get on and play the PC port.
This is exciting news, but i think moving this thread to a different Topic would be more appropiate. This topic is strictly lore based. Not to be mean fellas, but its kinda odd to see it here.
itZ Venial wrote:
This is exciting news, but i think moving this thread to a different Topic would be more appropiate. This topic is strictly lore based. Not to be mean fellas, but its kinda odd to see it here.
And moving this thread elsewhere would probaly get more recognition. :)
Halo 2... I bought an old Xbox original just to play it. My other Xbox was destroyed... I'm not gonna say how XD
So I installed Halo 2 PC but I can't seem to play it online. It can't connect to the servers. Why is this so?
The servers is down, sorry :P They ran with Games For Windows Live, Wich shutted down a coupel of years ago... I dont know if there is a way to fix it..
The servers is down, sorry :P They ran with Games For Windows Live, Wich shutted down a coupel of years ago... I dont know if there is a way to fix it..
No, it was still running early this year. Games for Windows Live still connects but the Halo 2 servers aren't loading for me at all anymore.
I keep getting the "Windows on live failed to iniltize" (I think I spelled that wrong) and it's super frustrating. I've already re-installed.
I've been trying to get it to work all night :( Network and Live are greyed out for me when launching and I can't reinstall cause I don't have a disc anymore :'( Is there another way to fix it? It was fine for me on win8.1 but won't work on 10
Hi guys ,
You say that Halo 2 for Vista works on windows 10 - Well, you 're lucky
I' m experiencing the contrary.
It doesnt work.
This worked for me on Win 7 and 8. It also works for me on 10.
Search for and install XLiveRedist01.02.0241.00. This is the key part. The newer versions won't necessarily work.
Install Halo 2 with Vista sp1 compatibility.
Hope it works for you.
Oh, to be fair, I don't play multi-player. i just wanted to be able to install it to play single player campaign so I can't address the multiplayer online aspect.
yes it works
Can you guys help me? 'm trying to install Halo 2 on my windows 10 but it keeps saying that the redists\vcredist.msi failed to install.
>Hears Halo PC
>Expects bait
>Not bait is a legit thread
>leaves happy because H2V
I've been trying to get it to work all night :( Network and Live are greyed out for me when launching and I can't reinstall cause I don't have a disc anymore :'( Is there another way to fix it? It was fine for me on win8.1 but won't work on 10
I checked your profile because awesome emblem. Sweet to know 343i is excited about old halo games
Does it work with LAN though?
There's actually a community mod to make halo 2 vista playable online again http://www.h2v.online and we have a community established at http://www.halo2vista.com

We're planning on bringing back voice chat and such in our v0.3 release.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2