Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 2 Legendary Difficulty

OP Xenomorph63

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So what does everybody think of the unfair Halo 2 Legendary Difficulty? Personally I like how hard it is, its like a challenge that only the best Halo players try to tackle (and succeed). I think that the Halo 2 sniper jackals are a thing of legend in the community, and the insane amount of damage the Halo 2 brutes take just add to the insane Halo 2 experiance. I will always enjoy the absolute grind of Halo 2 legendary, I also know that a lot of people dislike it. So what are your thoughts and things you liked or disliked?
I personally liked It! But the jackel snipers still give me nightmares
People overestimate too much stuff in that game when I think about it.
I think its one of the greatest challenges in all of Halo! The thought of running through Halo 2 LASO, makes me cry
I think its one of the greatest challenges in all of Halo! The thought of running through Halo 2 LASO, makes me cry
you see that guy over there, he tried Halo 2 LASO, he cant go 10 seconds without looking behind himself to check for sniper jackals
you see that guy over there, he tried Halo 2 LASO, he cant go 10 seconds without looking behind himself to check for sniper jackals
LOL! You see that guy smashing his Xbox over there? He spent the last several hours trying to get passed the first Covenant encounter with LASO and just couldn't do it
Yep, all the games have a handful of sections that are somewhat difficult but the Jackal Snipers are pretty consistent with their spawns. If the player can't adapt/learn the spawns, then that's their fault.

Halo 2's problem sections for me were the seemingly infinite spawns of Jackal Snipers by the Gauss Warthog's first appearance on Metropolis, Heretic/Regret boss fights and the intro to Gravemind (the one where you start with the Brutes). Rest of the game is fine in my opinion.
Yep, all the games have a handful of sections that are somewhat difficult but the Jackal Snipers are pretty consistent with their spawns. If the player can't adapt/learn the spawns, then that's their fault.

Halo 2's problem sections for me were the seemingly infinite spawns of Jackal Snipers by the Gauss Warthog's first appearance on Metropolis, Heretic/Regret boss fights and the intro to Gravemind (the one where you start with the Brutes). Rest of the game is fine in my opinion.
They are random at the beginning of Regret but the large room with the giant hologram is not better, it's the only place I don't like in the game because there is a lot of places where Jackals can be, like the beginning you can perfectly see one but not another who see you in turn because you check that corner right there. I'm often unlucky in that room and this where I lose the Marines too.

The Heretic Leader fight can be ended easily by gathering and holding a Fuel Rod Gun from the previous mission until the fight.

The pressure from honor guards can be lowered by boarding the last gondola and taking the Fuel Rod Gun from the 2 Grunts, they must be scared and not killed so they drop a FRG with 20 shots. It's not really needed since Plasma Grenades can deal with Elites but it's good if one is unavoidable and must be killed at the moment.

Never had any problem with Gravemind except for the prison area and the very end of the mission, the Brute Shot is a good weapon to deal with pretty much everything in the mission, good weapons are everywhere too.
It is a pain! The other Halos on legendary were nothing compared to 2.
A single Elite kills you in 1 second, the sniper jackals kill you instantly with one shot, the drones are annoying as hell, and there are grunts that do nothing but throwing plasma grenades every 2 seconds!

The enemies keep shooting repeatedly even when you are behind cover. Damn they even do that when there is a closed door between you and them.

The noob combo is a must, otherwise you will run out of ammo before you can clear all enemies in one area. This is most notable on Cairo Station.
I have completed the other games on legendary without using noob combo once.

They are random at the beginning of Regret but the large room with the giant hologram is not better, it's the only place I don't like in the game because there is a lot of places where Jackals can be, like the beginning you can perfectly see one but not another who see you in turn because you check that corner right there. I'm often unlucky in that room and this where I lose the Marines too.

The Heretic Leader fight can be ended easily by gathering and holding a Fuel Rod Gun from the previous mission until the fight.

The pressure from honor guards can be lowered by boarding the last gondola and taking the Fuel Rod Gun from the 2 Grunts, they must be scared and not killed so they drop a FRG with 20 shots. It's not really needed since Plasma Grenades can deal with Elites but it's good if one is unavoidable and must be killed at the moment.

Never had any problem with Gravemind except for the prison area and the very end of the mission, the Brute Shot is a good weapon to deal with pretty much everything in the mission, good weapons are everywhere too.
You don't need the fuel rod for the Heretic leader. You can become invincible with the elevator glitch, so all you need to do is just sword him to death without worrying to be killed.
I agree its a good challenge.
You don't need the fuel rod for the Heretic leader. You can become invincible with the elevator glitch, so all you need to do is just sword him to death without worrying to be killed.
I don't use such weak tactics + it seems the pressure jump hardly occurs on the Xbox.
I don't use such weak tactics + it seems the pressure jump hardly occurs on the Xbox.
For me, I borrowed Halo 2 on original copy so I get no credit on my profile for beating it. If I ever get an xbox 1 and MCC and try to replay the games for Helioskrill then I will not feel ashamed on using exploits+glitches mercilessly on the games I have already beaten on Legendary.

The funny thing, the jackal snipers were not the worst thing for me, but the drones. Since it takes to few shots to kill you in your extremely unresiliant armor and there are so many I always die. In the jackal forest in Delta Halo you get BOTH and that stunk.
The funny thing, the jackal snipers were not the worst thing for me, but the drones. Since it takes to few shots to kill you in your extremely unresiliant armor and there are so many I always die. In the jackal forest in Delta Halo you get BOTH and that stunk.
The second swarm spawning when you are almost at the other side is one tricky situation, the tunnel wtih the Covenant Carbine is likely one of the best spot to take them. Drones are at least weak enemies that are killed by many weapons.

The first swarm at the beginning of the area can be triggered from the top of the waterfall if you kill all Jackals below.
It is a pain! The other Halos on legendary were nothing compared to 2.
A single Elite kills you in 1 second, the sniper jackals kill you instantly with one shot, the drones are annoying as hell, and there are grunts that do nothing but throwing plasma grenades every 2 seconds!

The enemies keep shooting repeatedly even when you are behind cover. Damn they even do that when there is a closed door between you and them.

The noob combo is a must, otherwise you will run out of ammo before you can clear all enemies in one area. This is most notable on Cairo Station.
I have completed the other games on legendary without using noob combo once.
YES! The Noob Combo is your best friend against Elites and Brutes. Drone's are also incredibly annoying and frustrating to deal with.
Are you sure that the Prison section is at the end of the mission? If anything, it's right in the beginning. The last section is the Mausoleum fight.

Oh yeah, Jackal Snipers should not be a problem once players have learnt their spawns but that one section in Metropolis gave me more issues than I'd like.
Are you sure that the Prison section is at the end of the mission? If anything, it's right in the beginning. The last section is the Mausoleum fight.
I was talking about the difficulty of these two parts, the prison area is okay as you don't need the gravity lifts to reach another level in the case a patrolling Jackal spot you early.

The end of the mission however, is another thing, the Fuel Rod Gun is hardly able to defeat all 4 Elites before they spread into the room. If the 2 Spec Ops are still alive it's not good and that's why I tend to have trouble here.

But thanks the Fuel Rod Gun in Halo 2 is better than any other version because of the blast radius.
Well I am into speedruns, so I do that. The game is unnecesarily hard anyway, I honestly can't blame those who use these glitches.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2