Can I play halo 2 disc on my xbox one yes or no?
Yes! If a game is on Xbox One's backwards compatibility list (pretty sure Halo 2 is), then you can insert the disk and it should install. You will then need to put the disk in whenever you want to play, just like normal disk games.

More information
No, not yet at least.

I don't believe H2 is backwards compatible on the Xbone yet. If you have a 360 with a HDD it should work on that!
I'm not sure because I haven't tried but why not play Halo 2 via MCC?
Halo 2 is an OG Xbox game and isn't on the back compat list for OG games yet, that might still come at some point though. Right now the only way to play Halo 2 on an Xbox One is via the Master Chief Collection.
stckrboy wrote:
Halo 2 is an OG Xbox game and isn't on the back compat list for OG games yet, that might still come at some point though. Right now the only way to play Halo 2 on an Xbox One is via the Master Chief Collection.
Which is the best way to play right now especially since MCC allows you to play Halo 2 on Xbox Live once again. The last chance to play was back in Spring 2010, right before the original Xbox Live servers were shut down
yes
Currently, you cannot play the original Halo 2 disc on the xbox one. You can play it remastered in the master chief collection, or play it on an xbox or xbox 360.
Chimera30 wrote:
Yes! If a game is on Xbox One's backwards compatibility list (pretty sure Halo 2 is), then you can insert the disk and it should install. You will then need to put the disk in whenever you want to play, just like normal disk games.

More information
Wow. I would've assumed a person who is given the title "monitor" would be slightly up to date on halo, or xbox for that matter...
Are you referring to the old Xbox360 Disk Halo2?

Or the Halo: MCC

...??
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
una de las mejores campañas de halo
gerbi1jr wrote:
Are you referring to the old Xbox360 Disk Halo2?

Or the Halo: MCC

...??
I don't believe there was a Xbox360 disk- it was an original Xbox game.

Unless I missed a re-release or remaster or something.
Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service.
not only that but the return of xbox live (yes i know its on mcc) but i would like the live servers to come back for the original xbox
I don't believe there was a Xbox360 disk- it was an original Xbox game.

Unless I missed a re-release or remaster or something.
Opps .. that's right!!
Man .. was it that long ago?!?