Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 - Challenge Proposal

OP BoundlessHalo97

In the Halo 3 mission Crow's Nest, players start off weaponless. A skull can be found on a pipe above the player at the start of the mission which can be used as a melee weapon.

My challenge for the Halo community is this:

On either Heroic or Legendary difficulty, record yourself attempting to complete the Crow's Nest mission with the skull being your only weapon. As you automatically pick up weapons in Halo 3 when you lack them that's allowed, but you must only use the skull.

So who will accept my challenge?
Is it even doable? How are you supposed to get past the drone section?
Yazite wrote:
You could try using equipment (if that is allowed) just use a regen and keep jumping.

If you can't use equipment then try keeping your friendlies alive.
Yazite wrote:
You could try using equipment (if that is allowed) just use a regen and keep jumping.

Equipment would be fine, yes. As long as it wasn't a Power Drain or something.

A big part of this challenge would be making sure you didn't lose too many marines.
I'll give this challenge a go, the chieftain is gonna be fun.
Yazite wrote:

A big part of this challenge would be making sure you didn't lose too many marines.
Grenades?
AshamanND wrote:
Yazite wrote:

Grenades?
Grenades would be a no-go.

You can melee with the skull (either of them as there's two in that mission) and use equipment like the Gravity Lift or Bubble Shield etc.. If it can be used to damage enemies and it isn't a skull, then it's not allowed.
AshamanND wrote:
Yazite wrote:

Grenades?

You can melee with the skull (either of them as there's two in that mission) and use equipment like the Gravity Lift or Bubble Shield etc.. If it can be used to damage enemies and it isn't a skull, then it's not allowed.
Power drain tho? =)
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Yazite wrote:

Grenades?

Power drain tho? =)
That can do damage to enemies and would count as a weapon, so no.
EDIT: Done! Please mind the stupid commentary and deaths by me. I would be willing to redo this on Legendary.
Yazite wrote:
As you'll see in my stream, on Heroic, the marines kill most of them.
Jestzer wrote:
EDIT: Done! Please mind the stupid commentary and deaths by me. I would be willing to redo this on Legendary.
I didn't think anyone would actually try it.

I'm watching it now, but I may have to hop offline for a minute or two before I can finish it. Rest assured that I will watch the full thing today.
Jestzer wrote:
I didn't think anyone would actually try it.

I'm watching it now, but I may have to hop offline for a minute or two before I can finish it. Rest assured that I will watch the full thing today.
That's okay! Sorry that the beginning is filled with pauses and the rest with mediocre commentary :P