Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 - Enhanced

OP LoxtonA01

Just thought I'd spitball an idea that came to mind.
I do recall reading somewhere that they wouldn't be making a remastered Halo 3 (beyond whatever minor upgrades they gave H3 in the MC collection).

But a couple of months ago I stumbled across SPV3, and still having the good old Halo Combat Evolved for my PC, I downloaded SPV3 and got into it.
Of course, it's not as beautifully polished as a full AAA game but damn was it an awesomely well done enhancement to Halo CE, including all the elements from The Flood (novel) and expanding each level to make the overall gameplay longer, larger, and more story rich.

It occurred to me how amazing this would be for Halo 3.
I know there's no novelization of H3 to add extra story bits from, but that doesn't mean they couldn't pull the H3 story apart and expand it with more intricate and dynamic storytelling to make room for new/more missions. It could even be a perfect opportunity for 343i to put their story spin on the ending of the original saga so that it leads more smoothly into H4 and the modern take on the Forerunners.
Imagine having to battle on Earth for longer before assaulting the Dreadnought. Fighting through New Mombassa all over again with a new ferocity.
Having to travel to more locations on the Ark to fight to gain more control before making the move on Truth or High Charity. Finding more Forerunner tech/machines/ships on the Ark.
And furthermore, beyond the inner Halo fan within me wanting this because it would be nostalgic and fresh at the same time, wouldn't this be a good business decision?
Obviously, this isn't an industry I work in, but as a fan myself thinking that I'd buy that, wouldn't many others?

Of course, this will probably just remain as a cool sounding fantasy....
But share your thoughts or feelings on something like this ever happening :)
A Halo 3 SPV3 you mean. I would definitely be down for that. But I think 343 won't do it because if they're the ones doing it, everyone will go bats*** saying they're milking the classics. When the fans do it, everyone will love it. With that said, I say that we will never see something like that, unless Halo 3 (full game) is ported to PC with an engine that's as moddable as CE's.
A Halo 3 SPV3 you mean. I would definitely be down for that. But I think 343 won't do it because if they're the ones doing it, everyone will go bats*** saying they're milking the classics. When the fans do it, everyone will love it. With that said, I say that we will never see something like that, unless Halo 3 (full game) is ported to PC with an engine that's as moddable as CE's.
I can't help but feel like "everyone will go -Yoink-" would be in the minority. I'm sure tons of people would accuse them of that online, and then proceed to buy the game and probably love the modernisation.
But isn't that almost the entire point creating a game? Or any film/novel for that matter? To create your own new classic and to proceed to milk it?
That's the backbone of business in that as much as you love telling a story, making a cool game or filming an awesome movie, it comes down to the numbers in the end.

But you're probably right in that 343i won't do that. Just thought it would be a cool idea to post. And you never know who might be watching and tuck the idea away for later! ;) *wink wink any 343i guys*
LoxtonA01 wrote:
I can't help but feel like "everyone will go -Yoink-" would be in the minority. I'm sure tons of people would accuse them of that online, and then proceed to buy the game and probably love the modernisation.
But isn't that almost the entire point creating a game? Or any film/novel for that matter? To create your own new classic and to proceed to milk it?
That's the backbone of business in that as much as you love telling a story, making a cool game or filming an awesome movie, it comes down to the numbers in the end.

But you're probably right in that 343i won't do that. Just thought it would be a cool idea to post. And you never know who might be watching and tuck the idea away for later! ;) *wink wink any 343i guys*
Oh, oh, trust me. Bungie fans especially, would go numb-nuts crazy about it. And we both know they're the majority...
People would still buy of course, but the same happened with both Battlefronts. Even after the reveal of the worst type of Micro-Transactions was revealed for BF2, people still bought the game and still play (Low pop tho).
Quote:
To create your own new classic and to proceed to milk it.
Perhaps...
LoxtonA01 wrote:
Oh, oh, trust me. Bungie fans especially, would go numb-nuts crazy about it. And we both know they're the majority...
People would still buy of course, but the same happened with both Battlefronts. Even after the reveal of the worst type of Micro-Transactions was revealed for BF2, people still bought the game and still play (Low pop tho).
Quote:
Perhaps...
I've not been on the forums for ages... But I've been noticing a lot of the "Bungie fans" vs "343 fans" and I'm not at all really getting it.
I'm a halo lover from the CE days, but I didn't I ever considered myself a Bungie fan, rather a Halo fan and a fan of the folks who were writing it at the time without attaching Bungie to that. Now I feel the same way for 343i.
I also feel like people need to relax a little about the whole online backlash thing. H5 wasn't nearly as bad as all the online hoohaa made out. Not saying it was amazing or anything, it has nothing on H4 in my opinion, for example.
But I have dozens of friends who love a good geek-out session playing Halo who would never either be bothered or interested in going online to either complain or express their enjoyment of the game and just shrug and get on with either loving it or not loving it. Again, just my opinion, but I feel like that would summerise a majority of the consumers out there.

The groups I generalise them into are(Not counting the different kinds of groups who come onto the forums - Who are the minority of the consumers, just a guess):
Love it! - Keep playing for as long as it holds their attention, don't comment online or elsewhere because... "Why would I?" kind of attitude.
Meh, it's okay/cool - Pretty much same as above, just for a shorter period.
I hate it! - One playthrough, hate it. Give it a rest. Second or third playthrough to pick it apart and make a final conclusion about it, either usually decides to keep hating it or shifts their opinion to the above one.

Kinda getting off topic with that ^^ But who knows such things! *Shrugs*
LoxtonA01 wrote:
LoxtonA01 wrote:
Quote:
Perhaps...
I've not been on the forums for ages... But I've been noticing a lot of the "Bungie fans" vs "343 fans" and I'm not at all really getting it.
I'm a halo lover from the CE days, but I didn't I ever considered myself a Bungie fan, rather a Halo fan and a fan of the folks who were writing it at the time without attaching Bungie to that. Now I feel the same way for 343i.
I also feel like people need to relax a little about the whole online backlash thing. H5 wasn't nearly as bad as all the online hoohaa made out. Not saying it was amazing or anything, it has nothing on H4 in my opinion, for example.
But I have dozens of friends who love a good geek-out session playing Halo who would never either be bothered or interested in going online to either complain or express their enjoyment of the game and just shrug and get on with either loving it or not loving it. Again, just my opinion, but I feel like that would summerise a majority of the consumers out there.

The groups I generalise them into are(Not counting the different kinds of groups who come onto the forums - Who are the minority of the consumers, just a guess):
Love it! - Keep playing for as long as it holds their attention, don't comment online or elsewhere because... "Why would I?" kind of attitude.
Meh, it's okay/cool - Pretty much same as above, just for a shorter period.
I hate it! - One playthrough, hate it. Give it a rest. Second or third playthrough to pick it apart and make a final conclusion about it, either usually decides to keep hating it or shifts their opinion to the above one.

Kinda getting off topic with that ^^ But who knows such things! *Shrugs*
Just ignore the reviewers opinion if it's something you love.

I generally like everything I play. It's extremely rare for me to dislike a game. But some people just don't give a chance and blindly call it bad or cash grab without even playing it. I think a good example of this is Sonic Forces that received bad reviews even before it's release (Yes, I know who their fandom is). Maybe a better example is Battlefront II, because of the failure of the 1st game. Wait... an even better example is Destiny 2. These 3 games we're badly criticized before their release, but with good reason.

I know I'm getting a bit off-topic... but I had too, because SW memes and reality.