Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

[Locked] Halo 3 Anniversary possibly confirmed

OP Chris B167

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
total fake, fingers in the corner, it's only a legit leak if it comes from one of the two or three that seem to nail things all the time. a strange thought here but what if that shinobi is geoff keighley?
Why do people not read? The image is inside the new art book released by 343 "Halo Mythos"
I need a Halo 3 Anniversary. I would cancel one THOUSAND Halo Wars 2 just to play a game I've played a million times. Lol I do really want HW2, but man Halo 2A is just so damn good. They need to do 3.
Eric32289 wrote:
While a Halo 3 Anniversary would be great (as well as being done right this time after the debacle with MCC), I doubt that this image is real. It's probably just really good fanart; I'd wait until we hear something official from 343 and Microsoft.

The image is undoubtedly real since its in an official Halo book but it looks like nothing more than an art piece from the Halo 3 development days. Nice catch and good thought though

Sergeant Johnson in that image looks exactly like he does in H2A. I really doubt this is from Halo 3 development days considering Johnson only looks like that in H2A, both in terms of armor and his face (and he's modeled after a real person with motion capture so you couldn't say that they based his look in H2A after an early concept from Halo 3). Master Chief even looks like he's out of one of blur's cutscenes from that game. Even if this isn't indicative of a Halo 3 Anniversary being developed, it is still most likely brand new art created for the book.
Eric32289 wrote:
While a Halo 3 Anniversary would be great (as well as being done right this time after the debacle with MCC), I doubt that this image is real. It's probably just really good fanart; I'd wait until we hear something official from 343 and Microsoft.
The image is undoubtedly real since its in an official Halo book but it looks like nothing more than an art piece from the Halo 3 development days. Nice catch and good thought though
I doubt it's from Halo 3 Development since the image must've been made AFTER Halo 2 Anniversary.
How do you figure that?
Because that picture definitely is using Halo 2 Anniversary models. Compare H2A Johnson and the one in the pic. They're definitely the same.
Eric32289 wrote:
I doubt it's from Halo 3 Development since the image must've been made AFTER Halo 2 Anniversary.
How do you figure that?
Because that picture definitely is using Halo 2 Anniversary models. Compare H2A Johnson and the one in the pic. They're definitely the same.
it just means that have been used Blur's assets to do that
Eric32289 wrote:

Sergeant Johnson in that image looks exactly like he does in H2A. I really doubt this is from Halo 3 development days considering Johnson only looks like that in H2A, both in terms of armor and his face (and he's modeled after a real person with motion capture so you couldn't say that they based his look in H2A after an early concept from Halo 3). Master Chief even looks like he's out of one of blur's cutscenes from that game. Even if this isn't indicative of a Halo 3 Anniversary being developed, it is still most likely brand new art created for the book.
hope no :(
The mystery continues lol
I think it is very probably, it is one of the bet halo games. it bust be an anniversary
Well regardless if we look at the picture or not, it's an opportunity to make money, bring back a fanbase. if they add extra stuff like forge, maybe a firefight version like ODST's or reaches then I could see the game worth it. So yeah I'm willing to bet that they are making it happen.
This art is not official, that is the original arbiter model from Halo 3. Still pretty sure we will see a Halo 3 Anniversary in the future.
It's such a tough call on which way it can go. I want a H3A, but at the same time I don't. I love the way Halo 3 is now and can't see it any other way. It would have to use the same engine, and graphical standpoint, just "up'd" a little.
This art is not official, that is the original arbiter model from Halo 3. Still pretty sure we will see a Halo 3 Anniversary in the future.
I hope so
It is not coming
Wraith0912 wrote:
Stop the hype train. H3A has been confirmed to not be in production.
This exactly. No H3A.
343 doesn't even respect the original TRIOLOGY. yoink that they should have made H2A as stand alone and release now MCC including H3A
it looks like nothing more than an art piece from the Halo 3 development days.
Impossible. That is the model of Johnson from Halo 2 Anniversary.
Please don't revive old topics, thanks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2