Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 Anniversary... Why Do You Want It?

OP xBoundlessHalox

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
May I ask why Halo 3 Anniversary is demanded so frequently by people?

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary added online coop, achievements, skulls, terminals, etc. to the original game while Halo 2 Anniversary did most of that and brought back the original multiplayer. What's there to do with Halo 3? It has skulls, terminals, achievements, online coop, and its multiplayer is still up on two platforms. The only things that could conceivably be done to improve Halo 3 are enhanced visuals and an overhauled forge mode; that's hardly worth $80.00 (CAD).

I'm sorry, but it really seems as though you people only want Halo 3 Anniversary because the first two games were remastered and while I can see the argument for that, it doesn't really matter when the final product really has nothing to gain from being remastered (unless, of course, it saw a PC release as it'd be the first time the game was available on that platform.)
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary added online coop, achievements, skulls, terminals, etc. to the original game while Halo 2 Anniversary did most of that and brought back the original multiplayer. What's there to do with Halo 3? It has skulls, terminals, achievements, online coop, and its multiplayer is still up on two platforms. The only things that could conceivably be done to improve Halo 3 are enhanced visuals and an overhauled forge mode; that's hardly worth $80.00 (CAD).

I'm sorry, but it really seems as though you people only want Halo 3 Anniversary because the first two games were remastered and while I can see the argument for that, it doesn't really matter when the final product really has nothing to gain from being remastered (unless, of course, it saw a PC release as it'd be the first time the game was available on that platform.)
If they ever make a halo 3 Anniversary then it should at least be on the Xbox 3 or up in MCC 2. (halo 1-6) by the time the xbox 3 comes out the graphics would probably make it worth it to remaster it.
It would be the only game I ever play
You bring up some great points that I hadn't realized. However what you don't realize is that Halo 3 was argued by many including myself as the last times the Halo community was happy and together. A remaster of the game could maybe recapture​ even a spec of the positivity that existed when the game was in it's prime. The graphics could be enhanced greatly and with little to work on other than that they should be able to do a full remaster of all campaign missions and multiplayer maps. If done correctly it could revitalize a lot of Halo fans fervor and bring their attention back to the series. If Halo 6 does end up being something as truly amazing as it could be then a Halo 3 anniversary could bring the game to the households of untrusting Halo fans post Halo 4 and 5
people consider it to be the pinnacle of halo
then again the graphics aren't that bad so i don't get why people want it so bad

Well said, there's little to be had with a H3A in comparison to Halo CE and 2.

If they ever make a halo 3 Anniversary then it should at least be on the Xbox 3 or up in MCC 2. (halo 1-6) by the time the xbox 3 comes out the graphics would probably make it worth it to remaster it.
Graphics are hardly a selling point to a game you likely already own.
You bring up some great points that I hadn't realized. However what you don't realize is that Halo 3 was argued by many including myself as the last times the Halo community was happy and together. A remaster of the game could maybe recapture​ even a spec of the positivity that existed when the game was in it's prime. The graphics could be enhanced greatly and with little to work on other than that they should be able to do a full remaster of all campaign missions and multiplayer maps. If done correctly it could revitalize a lot of Halo fans fervor and bring their attention back to the series. If Halo 6 does end up being something as truly amazing as it could be then a Halo 3 anniversary could bring the game to the households of untrusting Halo fans post Halo 4 and 5
Old games aren't reflective of the quality of the new games (remember: not only was Call of Duty 4 bundled with the most content-filled version of Infinite Warfare, but many players of the Call of Duty 4 remaster never touched the other game.)

Halo 6 may end up being good, but Halo 3 can't contribute to its sales as the past 343i titles have been so mediocre.
Halo 3 on the 360 is basically dead. And the MCC isn't a great place to play Halo 3 since you may end up playing CE, 2, or 4 instead. Also the MCC still has problems and lacks a proper ranking system. I don't really care for Halo 5's enhanced mobility style of gameplay. I just want a good, classic Halo experience that works properly and isn't shared with 3 other games. To be more specific I want a reliable way to play Halo 3 in this case.
Halo 3 on the 360 is basically dead. And the MCC isn't a great place to play Halo 3 since you may end up playing CE, 2, or 4 instead. Also the MCC still has problems and lacks a proper ranking system. I don't really care for Halo 5's enhanced mobility style of gameplay. I just want a good, classic Halo experience that works properly and isn't shared with 3 other games. To be more specific I want a reliable way to play Halo 3 in this case.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection has dedicated playlists for each Halo title. Want to only play Halo 3? Choose that playlist.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection has dedicated playlists for each Halo title. Want to only play Halo 3? Choose that playlist.
Do you really think one or two playlists is enough? Also you completely disregarded the part where I said the MCC still has many problems. A good portion of the community is starved for a proper classic Halo experience. I don't really see a problem with us wanting that. Halo 3 Anniversary would satiate our hunger for a game like that.
Do you really think one or two playlists is enough? Also you completely disregarded the part where I said the MCC still has many problems. A good portion of the community is starved for a proper classic Halo experience. I don't really see a problem with us wanting that. Halo 3 Anniversary would satiate our hunger for a game like that.
I used to have two playlists on there before the Halo 3 guys took over Team Hardcore, so I made do with one. As for MCC's issues, you can resolve those by playing customs.
I used to have two playlists on there before the Halo 3 guys took over Team Hardcore, so I made do with one. As for MCC's issues, you can resolve those by playing customs.
Customs aren't a reliable option for everyone. And it still isn't nearly as convenient as having proper matchmaking. Trying to pacify a big portion of the community with workarounds for a game that doesn't always seem to work just isn't enough. I will say it again. I still don't see a problem with wanting a proper classic Halo game.
I would take a 5$ dlc where just the cutscenes get the H2A treatment, to be honest.
i never got the chance to play halo 3 and ive wanted to get into it for ages thats why i hope they make H3A so i can get into it
Really, there are only two reasons I want Halo 3 Anniversary:
1) To improve the graphics
2) To revive the multiplayer (or possibly just get more people playing the game)
That's really all I care about.
We would.....if the game wasn't as broken as it is now.
The true hardcore devoted fans who've spent countless hours on the business ends of their Battle Rifles know exactly why they want a Halo 3: Anniversary, me especially: it represented not only a time in our lives where we had the whole world to ourselves, but also a time where game development was taken seriously. Nowadays, most franchise releases are barely a shell of their former selves, especially Halo.

You could argue that we have the MCC to go back and relive, but that's hardly the case. The game is simply too broken to enjoy its lacking reward system or once-stellar multiplayer suite. And what's even worse is that 343i had one job, literally one job, to make it a hit, and they dropped the ball. All the MCC was essentially was a port of four existing games, with boosted visuals and audio for Halo 2 Anniversary, and an advanced(?) user interface for all games. Their only job was quality control and testing, to guarantee a solid launch release with little to no problems, and yet they still couldn't get that right.

With a potential Halo 3: Anniversary, it would be a much simpler attempt at remastering something on its own solo outting. Even then I wouldn't trust 343i to make me a cup of coffee without dropping a bug in it, so I have my doubts of both its existence and whether or not it would live up to the hype.
The true hardcore devoted fans who've spent countless hours on the business ends of their Battle Rifles know exactly why they want a Halo 3: Anniversary, me especially: it represented not only a time in our lives where we had the whole world to ourselves, but also a time where game development was taken seriously. Nowadays, most franchise releases are barely a shell of their former selves, especially Halo.

You could argue that we have the MCC to go back and relive, but that's hardly the case. The game is simply too broken to enjoy its lacking reward system or once-stellar multiplayer suite. And what's even worse is that 343i had one job, literally one job, to make it a hit, and they dropped the ball. All the MCC was essentially was a port of four existing games, with boosted visuals and audio for Halo 2 Anniversary, and an advanced(?) user interface for all games. Their only job was quality control and testing, to guarantee a solid launch release with little to no problems, and yet they still couldn't get that right.

With a potential Halo 3: Anniversary, it would be a much simpler attempt at remastering something on its own solo outting. Even then I wouldn't trust 343i to make me a cup of coffee without dropping a bug in it, so I have my doubts of both its existence and whether or not it would live up to the hype.
Then just play the original version; you can't expect them to constantly release ports/remasterings every time the population goes down.

What you should be asking for is a PC release as mods would keep the game alive for decades.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3