Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 anniversary

OP Steamyguy64

Does anyone think that halo 3 should or shouldn't have an anniversary remake on xbox one?
No. Why do people keep asking for this? Halo 3 is still fine. It's not even outdated enough to justify an anniversary and already plays well and had few issues so it doesn't need to be touched. I just want people to either stop living in the past long enough to constructively help 343 make Halo 6 the most awesome Halo game it can be, or actually put their money where their mouth is and just go play the old games while the rest of us look forward to the evolution of the greatest series ever. What made Halo so fun back in "the good ol' days" is that the community came together and had fun, enjoyed the good things, got over the flaws, and looked forward to new innovations and evolutions in the series. Now no one shuts up about 10+ year old games because they want their childhood nostalgia. We can't feel like kids again, but we can simply let ourselves enjoy Halo again. I hope 343 devotes all of their efforts to making Halo 6 amazing, and I hope more of the community will finally just have fun again, like it's a video game or something.

TL;DR: Nope. I like Bungie's Halos. They had their hayday. I still play MCC sometimes. But most of all I want more, new Halo games to have new Halo experiences in again. :)
Halo3 Anniversary will not happen.
Ask again in 10 years,then you have an chance of happening.
No. Why do people keep asking for this? Halo 3 is still fine. It's not even outdated enough to justify an anniversary and already plays well and had few issues so it doesn't need to be touched. I just want people to either stop living in the past long enough to constructively help 343 make Halo 6 the most awesome Halo game it can be, or actually put their money where their mouth is and just go play the old games while the rest of us look forward to the evolution of the greatest series ever. What made Halo so fun back in "the good ol' days" is that the community came together and had fun, enjoyed the good things, got over the flaws, and looked forward to new innovations and evolutions in the series. Now no one shuts up about 10+ year old games because they want their childhood nostalgia. We can't feel like kids again, but we can simply let ourselves enjoy Halo again. I hope 343 devotes all of their efforts to making Halo 6 amazing, and I hope more of the community will finally just have fun again, like it's a video game or something.
TL;DR: Nope. I like Bungie's Halos. They had their hayday. I still play MCC sometimes. But most of all I want more, new Halo games to have new Halo experiences in again. :)
I just hope 343 actually commits to making a Halo game. Their is a reason "Bungie Shooters" are called "Bungie Shooters" ; Because the gun play and movement feel great and play great.
343 "Halo" doesn't. IMO and a lot of others.
Sunsdune wrote:
I just hope 343 actually commits to making a Halo game. Their is a reason "Bungie Shooters" are called "Bungie Shooters" ; Because the gun play and movement feel great and play great.
I personally like 343's Halo better but thats just my opinion.
It would be nice but i dont know if it would ruin my impression because it wouod never live up to the original.
I think there should have been one. It would of been nice to have in the upcoming 2 years of having no new Halo. Also, reading some of your guys comments, I just don't get why people in this community get so salty when some one brings up anything Halo 3 Anniversary. Really don't get it. People need to stop shooting down people that bring up a Halo 3 Anniversary, why would they not? Halo 3 for a lot of people was there best Halo and most memorable.

It doesn't have to be outdated to be an anniversary. Where does this whole mentality that Halo 6 is going to great Halo game?
Hell, they could release a version of Halo 3 with the original graphics - only with the cutscenes redone by Blur Studios. I'd buy that in a heartbeat!
Nooga wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
I personally like 343's Halo better but thats just my opinion.
We will have to agree to disagree , but I respect your opinion just the same. I just never cared for abilities even when they launched with Reach (which is the worst Bungie game in my opinion) , nor equipment in Halo 3 , and haven't much cared for advanced movement in any game except Titan Fall where the entire game and most Multi-player maps were built and designed around it being used creatively and intuitively.
backwards compatible. really don't want then to ruin halo 3, like they did 2 with the master chief collection. I played some halo 2 and 3 on the 360 this weekend via system link. the master chief collection just isn't the same.

I must say that he is right, but I'd like an halo 3 ramestered, maybe with the same ranking
No. Why do people keep asking for this?
It's called starting a discussion.
Halo 3 is still fine. It's not even outdated enough to justify an anniversary and already plays well and had few issues so it doesn't need to be touched.
Whether or not the graphics are outdated enough to warrant an anniversary is entirely subjective. In my opinion, the graphics are very outdated and need an overhaul similar to H2A. Those who disagree need to simply compare the cutscenes of Halo 3 to those of H2A. If you see little to no difference there, you are confounded.
I just want people to either stop living in the past long enough to constructively help 343 make Halo 6 the most awesome Halo game it can be, or actually put their money where their mouth is and just go play the old games while the rest of us look forward to the evolution of the greatest series ever.
343i didn't develop either existing anniversary games; they are outsourced to three other companies. This much suggests H3A would be too if it were a thing. Therefore, it is possible to have both H3A and a good Halo 6. Wanting or having both is not mutually exclusive. As someone who does want H3A, I can attest that I do still play the old games and a lot. That doesn't mean I can't want the same game with better graphics.
What made Halo so fun back in "the good ol' days" is that the community came together and had fun, enjoyed the good things, got over the flaws, and looked forward to new innovations and evolutions in the series. Now no one shuts up about 10+ year old games because they want their childhood nostalgia. We can't feel like kids again, but we can simply let ourselves enjoy Halo again.
No one shuts up about the old games because the new games are merely a shell. Classic gameplay doesn't exist anymore and that is perhaps the greatest complaint of all. The new stories are also less engaging and weak, at best.
I hope 343 devotes all of their efforts to making Halo 6 amazing, and I hope more of the community will finally just have fun again, like it's a video game or something.

Again, the anniversary games are outsourced. There is no evidence at all to suggest developing H3A would take away precious time and resources from a potentially good Halo 6.

As far as I'm concerned, those who don't want H3A can play the original games to their heart's content while the rest of us enjoy a remaster of our favorite game if and when it happens.
I think would be best if they release the anniversary in 2021.
Because that will be Halos 20th anniversary.
While I can see both sides of the discussion's reasoning, you also have to remember now that Microsoft's big on games being on both Windows and Xbox, a Halo 3 Anniversary/Remaster would possibly mean Halo 3 coming to PC, so before you jump gun and say it'd automatically be ruined, you also have to take this into consideration. I do agree that the Trueskill Ranking system would definitely need to remain true to original Halo 3. It's what made it one of the best multiplayers in the FPS industry.

A visual remaster of Halo 3, texture scale compatible for Xbox One X and PC would be a great addition of charm to an already timeless game.
Hell, they could release a version of Halo 3 with the original graphics - only with the cutscenes redone by Blur Studios. I'd buy that in a heartbeat!
This and 60 FPS = Instabuy.

Probably bad for a consumer to admit this but I’d pay anything for a total remaster of Halo 3. People who says it’s not graphically and technically dated are just kidding themselves, and clearly there is a large amount of the community who feel that it was the pinnacle of Halo game design.
If 343 made Halo 3 Anniversary, they're gonna do something to ruin the game, like micro transaction
If 343 made Halo 3 Anniversary, they're gonna do something to ruin the game, like micro transaction
A Halo 3 remaster would probably be its own standalone game. The only reason MCC had so many changes was because they brought the previous main games to the XBone. A Halo 3 Remaster would probably fall closer to the lines of Halo CE Anniversary, whilst most likely (hopefully) bringing the old Trueskill ranking system back along with other aspects that made H3 multiplayer one of the best.