Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 Armor Glitch In Menu

OP BoundlessHalo97

Halo 3 has multiple glitches involving armor in multiplayer, but one that's always confused me is how the Campaign lobby seems to always reset your armor on the player card to default unless you go to another lobby and back again. And while all I can do is speculate that this is happens due to your player model being that of the Master Chief during the Campaign which causes the menu to load the Mark VI armor on your Spartan, I'd like someone with some actual insight on how the game functions to give a more accurate answer if there is one.

If possible, can someone explain the reasoning behind Halo 3 replacing your armor with Mark VI on the player card in the Campaign lobby?
It has nothing to do with being in the campaign menu. Halo 3 has always had issues with armour resetting by itself, especially if you haven't maxed out the gamerscore on Halo 3. The only fix in my experience, is to lock in all the armour by maxing the gamerscore in Halo 3.
Yazite wrote:
It has nothing to do with being in the campaign menu. Halo 3 has always had issues with armour resetting by itself, especially if you haven't maxed out the gamerscore on Halo 3. The only fix in my experience, is to lock in all the armour by maxing the gamerscore in Halo 3.
It is, the character always show up with default armor when in the campaign menu.
Yazite wrote:
It has nothing to do with being in the campaign menu. Halo 3 has always had issues with armour resetting by itself, especially if you haven't maxed out the gamerscore on Halo 3. The only fix in my experience, is to lock in all the armour by maxing the gamerscore in Halo 3.
It is, the character always show up with default armor when in the campaign menu.
There seems to be some confusion here. I am referring to the player's armour when you look at your service record and that's what I assume OP meant to, unless I am mistaken.
Yazite wrote:
There seems to be some confusion here. I am referring to the player's armour when you look at your service record and that's what I assume OP meant to, unless I am mistaken.
No confusion, I never tried with someone else when I'm thinking about it.
I've never heard of that before nor have I ever had an issue with that. It does seem odd. Are you playing on the original Halo 3 or MCC Halo 3?
I've never heard of that before nor have I ever had an issue with that. It does seem odd. Are you playing on the original Halo 3 or MCC Halo 3?
Original Halo 3 on actual Xbox 360 hardware.
Yazite wrote:
Yazite wrote:
It has nothing to do with being in the campaign menu. Halo 3 has always had issues with armour resetting by itself, especially if you haven't maxed out the gamerscore on Halo 3. The only fix in my experience, is to lock in all the armour by maxing the gamerscore in Halo 3.
It is, the character always show up with default armor when in the campaign menu.
There seems to be some confusion here. I am referring to the player's armour when you look at your service record and that's what I assume OP meant to, unless I am mistaken.
You'd be correct.
I've never heard of that before nor have I ever had an issue with that. It does seem odd. Are you playing on the original Halo 3 or MCC Halo 3?
Original Halo 3 on actual Xbox 360 hardware.
I'll have to go and check that out myself to see if it does the same thing
nostalgiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
It's all based on server connection and the response. If you go to customize it usually will still have the correct options selected, just the visual is default due to the connection/server. You'll never encounter this problem offline.
Nadesicle wrote:
It's all based on server connection and the response. If you go to customize it usually will still have the correct options selected, just the visual is default due to the connection/server. You'll never encounter this problem offline.
I was going to say, I was messing around offline and didn't have any issues so it must be based on the server connection/internet connection