Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

[Locked] Halo 3 Armor Issue

OP Tiermagath

I need help with this one. In the Xbox 360 version of Halo 3, I have 1,000 plus gamerscore and I am suppost to have the Security and Katana armor pieces, but the only way I can get it to show up and for me to equip it is to sign in a second online profile. I can't get the armor no matter what I do alone.
I have always had issues with Security Armor and the Katana in Halo 3, so you are not alone.

I don't now how it happens, but somehow Security Armor can get "locked" off, and by that I mean that it becomes unusable. Why is this? I have no idea. The thing I always did was to equip Hayabusa Armor before equipping Security, and it worked, although I'm not sure if that is totally necessary. Also, I've always had problems with armor unlocked online not showing up due to network stuff, so it could also be that.

Is your second profile a Guest account, or an actual Xbox Live account?

Edit: Oh, and see if you have all the terminals unlocked. I do believe that achievement has some connections to stabilizing Security Armor (being a reference to Marathon and all).
That armor still causes a problem with some people, no idea why. Try unlocking a few more achievements, or like stated above, if you don't have the terminal achievement try to get that. Ever since they implemented the additional achievements it has been a little whacky.
I got the Security shoulders recently, but after a few more days, most of my armor and all Campaign stats and Skulls were deleted.
Recon:3
I signed in the second player as a gold and silver account with both yealding the same results. I have not gotten all of the terminals but with to!e I will. And I took your advice of trying the Hyabusa way with no results. If there is some way I can fix this without having to have 343i do anything I would like to know cause I spent a long time getting all the achievements. And it also doesn't help that I was playing Halo 3 at the time of everyone getting Recon but not getting it, so I would like to have at least some decent armor.
On halo 3 everytime I try to change my armor it always reverts back to what it was when I leave the customization screen and on halo reach when I switch what my armor and then leave the game, my armor reverts when I log back in
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. The Xbox 360 servers are still having issues, last time I checked. Numerous people have been complaining about EXP not counting anymore, issues with achievements popping, and armor either not unlocking or disappearing all together. It's a Microsoft issue, sadly, so there's no telling as to when or if we'll see a fix.
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. The Xbox 360 servers are still having issues, last time I checked. Numerous people have been complaining about EXP not counting anymore, issues with achievements popping, and armor either not unlocking or disappearing all together. It's a Microsoft issue, sadly, so there's no telling as to when or if we'll see a fix.
The poster above you bumped this thread from 3 years ago, it's doubtful they'll see the thread and it'll be locked soon regardless.
exp isnt counting as of last night, campaign being un-completable and armor is a microsoft issue, reported to them 16 days ago and nothing, we need 343 to tell them about bugs, microsoft and 343 dont care about us, we have been loyal to halo despite not getting a good game for 11 years, i feel like an idiot for all the new gold accs ive bought to test bugs for them, the time ive spent working out whats causing bugs and doing all i can to let these classic games die naturally rather than be left to die because theyre broken. The more i do for 343 the more i realise they dont want help because they dont plan on fixing anything, mcc was their newest game which was left unplayable for 3 and a half years and then had a bandaid patch as a desperate attempt to get the classic fans to shut up so they could focus on making the next game great for one month then die like halo 4 and 5.Exp on halo 3 was fixed 3 weeks ago yet here we are, nothing is counting again.Reach probably has the most stable and respectful population yet you cannot complete campaign on that game.
As of now im done caring,let halo die 343, its been dying since reach,we just need you to fix our games, and for the love of god if infinite isnt perfect i dont think even the decade old minimum classic fans will be sticking around.