Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 Backwards compatibility (update) 9/7/17

OP Havikzz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I have heard rumors that Halo 3 was going to be playable on the xbox 1 later this month. A Reddit post from Ske7ch "confirmed" the rumor.
Does anyone else have any evidence that this is true? @ske7ch
-Cheers
"playable" how? As in updated and optimized?
Here is the thread:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/82841d11296340069f6b8e3ccbfcee11/topics/backward-compatibility-delayed/b0728cb2-627a-48fb-9a1d-25a543d1f45f/posts

As in a backwards compatible game with original playlists and ranks. Literally the exact same game from 10 years ago, but for the xbox 1.
This thread should be posted here in the Classic Halo Games section
From @Havikzz
From a reddit post (@ske7ch343)

We're as eager as you - it's not a matter of holding it to align with Halo 3's anniversary (or any other arbitrary date at this point). Truth is we all want the back-compat titles released ASAP. Currently I believe there's still some back and forth play testing / polish taking place but hopefully we're getting close.

This post was from 15days ago. Hopefully more progress has been made.
Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6vbe9s/comment/dlzqzwv
Maybe it'll release today by 1PM EST.

Maybe.
Summer ends in September so it must come out this month otherwise they straight up lied.
Yazite wrote:
Summer ends in September so it must come out this month otherwise they straight up lied.
Wouldn't be the first time.
Yazite wrote:
Wouldn't be the first time.
lol yea
Yazite wrote:
Its not entirely up to 343. The emulation needs to pass through MS first. We wouldnt want another Reach BC launch would we? Theyve already stated that they wanted it out before Sept but it got pushed back because it wasnt ready.
Nooga wrote:
Yazite wrote:
Its not entirely up to 343. The emulation needs to pass through MS first. We wouldnt want another Reach BC launch would we? Theyve already stated that they wanted it out before Sept but it got pushed back because it wasnt ready.
They should never have even teased it. Instead just announce it when it's ready like the rest of them.
This is torture, they teased me with this but yet I still have to wait in their halo 5 prison, unable to play any GOOD halo games (due to having a broken 360). I'm sick of this game and I don't want to touch it again. As soon as the backwards compatibility comes out then I am jumping straight onto halo 4 to relive some memories. If anybody knows the exact date for when it comes out then that would be great :)
I just want to play ODST again 😥😥😥😥
This is torture, they teased me with this but yet I still have to wait in their halo 5 prison, unable to play any GOOD halo games (due to having a broken 360). I'm sick of this game and I don't want to touch it again. As soon as the backwards compatibility comes out then I am jumping straight onto halo 4 to relive some memories. If anybody knows the exact date for when it comes out then that would be great :)
Dude trust me nobody feels your pain like I do, I have been craving og Halo 4 for almost 7 months now, most likely even before they announced it, but I find going back to MCC and just screwing around in H1-3 campaigns are quite good stress relievers.
why don't we just throw it in our 360's and play it? the servers are still up i played all week.
I am glad that they are offering Backwards Compatibility for the Xbox 360 Halo games, plus as a bonus they made all of the DLC free which was kind of 343. The 360 plays just fine, but most people upgraded or have a broken 360 because of all the issues with it burning out. I have an original 360 and opened it and blew all the dust out and cleaned it and it has been working since 2005. The disk doesn't open on its own so I have to manually lift it up and put a disk in. Also is the power box is bad the 360 won't work. If you still have it just Youtube how to fix it and it will work. Sorry for the tangent, this will be great since with all the DLC free xbox one can play with 360 with no issues as long as people download them unlike they are doing in Reach.
They did say just a little while longer at the end of last week, just needs a little more polish.
Fried153 wrote:
why don't we just throw it in our 360's and play it? the servers are still up i played all week.
There's a number of reasons why people don't want to use their 360s anymore

- Xbox 360 itself has become quite slow. BC games seem to load/run faster.
- People may not have an Xbox 360 anymore
- Xbox One controller is superior (one reason why I don't like playing on 360 anymore)
- Changing consoles / plugs is inconvenient if also trivial (first world problems)
- BC will increase the population. Right now Halo 3 on Xbox 360 is dead. Social Slayer is the only populated playlist mostly.
cant wait to go on h3 mp and get my gen grade 2 ranked up #hope 343 can get it done by october h3 and h3odst back hype
I just want to play ODST again 😥😥😥😥
we should play odst together
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2