Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 Backwards Compatibility

OP Yazite

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
During the E3 conference, Phil talked about the backward compatibility program. On the screen in the background, Halo 3 (and ODST I think) popped up. Pretty much confirms it then. Wonder when they'll be ready. And if you're wondering, they didn't announce ANYTHING relating to Halo. 343i didn't even come on stage.

Edit: Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST can be seen on screen at this time stamp link: https://youtu.be/eYWE1DxD9ws?t=5345
I am so disappointed. I guess the "little something for E3" was for an 4k update for Halo wars 2. Wow. How amazing.
Yazite wrote:
During the E3 conference, Phil talked about the backward compatibility program. On the screen in the background, Halo 3 (and ODST I think) popped up. Pretty much confirms it then. Wonder when they'll be ready. And if you're wondering, they didn't announce ANYTHING relating to Halo. 343i didn't even come on stage.
Actually, it doesn't confirm anything. When Microsoft announced backwards compatibility at E3 2015, Halo 3 was shown on the screen then, too.

Source- I tried to start it about the time they show H3, but you may need to scroll through. You can clearly see it around 3:28 - 3:30.

http://i.imgur.com/17TDD10.gif
Yazite wrote:
Actually, it doesn't confirm anything. When Microsoft announced backwards compatibility at E3 2015, Halo 3 was shown on the screen then, too.

Source- I tried to start it about the time they show H3, but you may need to scroll through. You can clearly see it around 3:28 - 3:30.

How does it not confirm it? The game appeared on the collection, therefore it is scheduled for backwards compatibility. You're right that it did appear when the program was launched and I remember seeing a picture of the game on the Xbox website, but that was later removed or changed for some reason. Seeing it appear again clearly confirms it's coming.
Yeah I saw this and pointed it out to others. It's really stupid including something which currently isn't available. Though what makes me laugh is that they are planning release classic xbox games, yet they still haven't given us the Halo games which we voted for e.g. H3, ODST, H4 and Ce. All of which are different in a way from what we have access to already on the Xbox one.

I hope they decide to give us these games after years of asking.
What do you mean "Backwards compatibility"?
Like halo 3 for the 360 played on xbone?
What do you mean "Backwards compatibility"?
Like halo 3 for the 360 played on xbone?
Yes, backwards compatibility allows Xbox 360 games to be played on Xbox One.
There won't be any point to have it backwards compatable that's why we have the MCC (which is sadly full of bugs,glitches,etc.)
Yazite wrote:

As was said in the above quote, there are a number of games on that list which were either added much later or we're still waiting on.

For all we know, Microsoft just put the MCC Halo's in that ad back in 2015 to get people who bought MCC excited for an alternative.
Hey bro, I hate to disappoint you but it was showed at E3 2015 as well. I made a thread on this a while ago and someone pointed that out to me and I checked it out myself and you could see at E3 2015 Halo CEA, Halo 3, ODST. I don't think Halo 3 will be backwards compatible anytime soon.
please comunity, return to halo 3 for xbox 360
Honestly Halo is the only reason I have Xbox. Granted Xbox is a great system but man Halo reeled me in. I really hope Halo 3 will come to Xbox One as well. I'm really hoping it does 🙏🏼 - Spartan 339
I would like to see halo 3 be Xbox one backwards compatible, it would bring back old h3 players and new ones, but it already playable on Xbox one, on the master chief collection, so i don't think it will be backwards compatible seeing as how you can already play it on Xbox one.
Well I mean, it was up there with Halo Wars and Reach, soo..?
I really do -Yoinking!- hope so!!
I'm still waiting for halo 3 remastered..... or halo reach remastered.
Yazite wrote:

*Sarcasm* Wait, are you saying they've been using that filler picture since they announced backwards compatibility and a tiny picture in the background doesn't confirm that Halo 3 is going to be backwards compatible? Blasphemy!

But seriously, that picture has been used since day 1. I don't think it means anything.
-Yoink- yes, the MCC is broken and limited. If Halo 3 is backwards capatable it could have a huge boost in its population. And bring ODST as well along with CE and Halo 2 later this year.
Well uh. Yeah. They just announced it, plus ODST, CEA and 4.
Hey bro, I hate to disappoint you but it was showed at E3 2015 as well. I made a thread on this a while ago and someone pointed that out to me and I checked it out myself and you could see at E3 2015 Halo CEA, Halo 3, ODST. I don't think Halo 3 will be backwards compatible anytime soon.
Check this out...TrueAchievements.. Sorry posted twice.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2