Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 Backwards Compatible Flaming Helmet

OP Prodixgy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So many of you like me have played Halo:ce and halo 2 for countless amounts of hours playing with friends,
playing against them but when halo 3 released it changed the halo series and franchise forever. It did what
most games hoped to do. It was innovative, creative and more successful than the second installment Halo 2.
With the introduction of forge mode, theater mode and Armour customization it enabled me as well as others to
invest part of their life into this game. I could talk all day about Halo 3 and how it changed my life but i'm going to
get at what this post is really about. Armour Customization. I was, and still am obsessed with customization. Its not as good
now in Halo 5 Guardians as it was in Halo 3 or even Reach. Being able to customize the helmet , chest and shoulders
individually was simple and unique to each player, most of the time. I remember my first week playing online i
seen someone wearing full C.Q.B and another wearing E.V.A and I remember sending them countless messages asking
How did you change your Armor, how did you get that armor etc.. They never told me but my friend figured it out and
I felt so stupid. Press start, RB and click appearance. After that my character never looked the same ever again. I
Spent hours on hours working on unlocking every achievement, Completing everything that needed to be done to get every
single piece of armor and then finally I did it. I got every piece of armor and boy did it feel so good to wear
the katana with security helmet. Every time i logged in i would change my armor feeling so accomplished.
I had every armor in the game.....or so i thought. I was then told by a good friend of mine that there was another
armor that the creators of the game; (Bungie); gave to a player who snapped a picture of a glitch of when he died
his body turned into Mr fantastic from fantastic four ha ha. I don't know if this was true but it started my search and
craze for this mysterious armor. Soon after i found out that it was called the Recon Armor and from their i went nuts.
I tired everything in my power to try to get this armor someway somehow. Over the years i found out how the Recon armor was
unlocked to all Bungie employees and select few for different reasons. In that time i also found out about the Bungie
employee exclusive flaming helmet and Nathan Fillion (Lucky -Yoink-); igniting their head. I played soooo much
to try and get lucky to play against a Bungie employee or anyone who had obtained the Recon Armor. Then through friends
of friends of friends i met cALi KriTical now known as B5D KRITICAL (to my latest knowledge). And boy was i excited to
finally play with with someone who had obtained the Unobtainable Recon and he was such a cool dude. He served in Iraq and
met some employees at an event i think and for his service and because he was pationate about halo they gave it to him to simply put it.
Please do not quot me on that, i don't know if its true, its what i think i heard from him. So i played with him a few games with him
and sent him a friend request and BOOM i was added. Finally i was able to play with recon and to add icing on the cake
i was friends with someone who had it. So from time to time i would send the notorious "Inv" message and get invited
and one day to my surprise when i joined him and there it was. The Bungie name plate on the side of the GamerTag Kapture24
now known as KAPTURE. I was in a game with a Bungie employee and i couldn't believe it. I was Yoinking! my pants.
The same thing happend, I played a few games with him through Kritical and sent him a request and i was added. I felt so
special at the fact that i was friends with Not only someone who had recon but a Bungie employee who had flaming helmet.
I had them on my friends list for awhile and played with them a lot. Kritical eventually removed me but Kapture didn't.
because that was around the time that Halo: ODST came out and with that was the release of the vidmaster challenges
and if i'm being honest Halo ODST wasn't even out for 24hrs before i finished the final 3 challenges And finally
I had obtained this armor i so desperately wanted (That i didnt get from Bungie Vs The World) but since i finished it
so quickly i repped that i got it before vidmaster lol. Ok.. lets get back on track So i had earned it regardless and nothing felt
more rewarding than being able to sport the Recon armor in all its glory and till this day i still smile when i see it. I thought that
was the peak of my Halo 3 career and the Great Bungie Studios did the unthinkable. On July 7th of 2010 as Bungie's final
Bungie Day on Halo 3 they unlocked the Bungie employee exclusive Flaming Helmet to all players along with their nameplate
which is believed to actually activate it. I was really jumping for joy on this day, Screaming at the top of my lungs out
of excitement. I felt like a 4 year old jumping into a ball pit a chucky cheese all to myself. I spent 16 hours on that game that day.
Took pictures and videos and played a bunch of online and custom games but after 24 hours that joy was gone. I said all that to say this
and If you read this far thank you but I want the best of both joys in one. With the Master Chief Collection we were
given the Flaming helmet and recon but it lacked the individual armor customization. But that can be fixed/changed
with the recent news of Halo 3 becoming Backwards Compatible i propose that 343 Industries devise some sort of challenge
or system, Some sort of way that those dedicated enough and passionate enough like me are able to obtain the final
armor in halo 3. Something like Bungies' Vidmaster Challenge would be nostalgic for me and those who done it and new
interactive way for people that might be new to halo 3 to earn something awesome. I know personally for me that when i did
the vidmaster challenges it was hard and fun at the same time and 100% worth it, being able to track my progress on bungie.net and when i
completed it all the satisfaction of clicking that button to unlock recon there was no better feeling. I know 343i is more than talented to come up with
a series of challenges to Unlock the Halo 3 Flaming Helmet. I want to be forged in the flames of passion and preservance.
I want to go fourth a represent. I want to wear that flame proudly as bungie employees once did. But i don't want it to be given.
I want it to be EARNED. Earning it will make it have value rather then just giving it to everyone and new player just wearing it like it had no significance.
Anyone else agree or disagree on the whole idea of doing challenges to unlock the Flaming Helmet?

Link to Poll: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/90a6869bcf944c54a17102ac9e31da1a/topics/halo-3-backwards-comp-flaming-helmet/bb580f80-faa3-4db9-bc47-0f8f77e7e42b/posts?page=1
Flaming Helmet for the day. I took a few photos of that too.

Then in Halo: Reach I was sporting the Eternal Armor Effect via the Bungie app and was mistaken for an employee. Soon everyone know how to unlock it.

I too, would like it if 343 gave us access to the Bungie Chest if that's at all possible.
Alzode wrote:
Flaming Helmet for the day. I took a few photos of that too.

Then in Halo: Reach I was sporting the Eternal Armor Effect via the Bungie app and was mistaken for an employee. Soon everyone know how to unlock it.

I too, would like it if 343 gave us access to the Bungie Chest if that's at all possible.
I went nuts, i was going to make a video of all the armor, i think i might just pull the videos off my old phone and make it. I also got the eternal flame in reach but ended up getting banned for no reason and now i cant use it, Every time i log in reach i love looking at the bungie nameplate and i go into a private game and spawn a hologram :(
I don't think 343 plan to add any new content to Halo 3. It's too old for them to see value in supporting it.
Yea I know Bungie was giving out the recon armor in waves before they handed Halo to 343 and it is now impossible to get recon armor on H3 if you missed it. Even the vidmaster achievements can't unlock it because the web page to unlock it is no longer supported. That being said I don't see 343i giving out recon anymore much less the Bungie armor. I agree it would be amazing if they made it attainable through some sort of challenge(s) but I don't see them putting the effort into adding something like that if they are even able to. Sadly the only ones with flaming head right now seem to all be modders/hackers
It's not possible for 343 to give it out again or make any kind of new challenge for users to try and get it. The last unlock wave was back in 2014 I believe (maybe earlier), the no longer have the the ch / services available to them to unlock it. When Halo 3 comes to the Backwards Compatible platform, it will arrive and stay just as it is on the 360 right now
Yazite wrote:
I don't think 343 plan to add any new content to Halo 3. It's too old for them to see value in supporting it.
Its already in the game. it would have to be unlocked
SOUZA117 wrote:
Yea I know Bungie was giving out the recon armor in waves before they handed Halo to 343 and it is now impossible to get recon armor on H3 if you missed it. Even the vidmaster achievements can't unlock it because the web page to unlock it is no longer supported. That being said I don't see 343i giving out recon anymore much less the Bungie armor. I agree it would be amazing if they made it attainable through some sort of challenge(s) but I don't see them putting the effort into adding something like that if they are even able to. Sadly the only ones with flaming head right now seem to all be modders/hackers
Yea thats what really sucks, because bungie employees dont play it no more or i dont think and modders have taken over it thats the only way to see the flaming helmet, I feel that they are atleast going to try to clean up all the modding going of for the backwards compatible people.
stckrboy wrote:
It's not possible for 343 to give it out again or make any kind of new challenge for users to try and get it. The last unlock wave was back in 2014 I believe (maybe earlier), the no longer have the the ch / services available to them to unlock it. When Halo 3 comes to the Backwards Compatible platform, it will arrive and stay just as it is on the 360 right now
Id like to believe that when bungie handed it over there system they have to still be able give the employee armor and still be able to give out recon. sure they dont now cause they have halo 5 and hw2 but the ability is there and im sure they can create an automated system that links to something like an achievement
Prodixgy wrote:
Id like to believe that when bungie handed it over there system they have to still be able give the employee armor and still be able to give out recon. sure they dont now cause they have halo 5 and hw2 but the ability is there and im sure they can create an automated system that links to something like an achievement
No that's the thing, the ability is no longer there for them to give it out. If it was they would still do it. The services required for them to unlock it have been retired.
I remember playing on halo 3 back in 2008 with someone named Shipmaster X, who had recon armor before vidmasters came out and I think he may have been a bungie employee. Red flames were pretty cool too. 343 should do a special event to bring red flames to halo 3
I remember playing on halo 3 back in 2008 with someone named Shipmaster X, who had recon armor before vidmasters came out and I think he may have been a bungie employee. Red flames were pretty cool too. 343 should do a special event to bring red flames to halo 3
If he was a bungie employee you would have known because he would have had the bungie nameplate next to his name, not hard to miss. I just hope that someone from 343i reads and responds
Prodixgy wrote:
If he was a bungie employee you would have known because he would have had the bungie nameplate next to his name, not hard to miss. I just hope that someone from 343i reads and responds
No one from 343i will read or respond to this. As others have said, 343 does not have access to the systems that can unlock this stuff. Its just not going to happen. Why hasnt this thread been locked yet?
Recon was handed out by 343/Bungie during the final steps in the acquisition of assets. After 343 had full control over the Halo properties halo 3 saw a final few patches and waves of Recon before finally being left alone by 343i. The servers in which Halo 3 Recon was given out/unlocked has been retired which make it very slim that any players who don't have Recon will ever be able to obtain it. This is also makes the possibility of Halo 3 Bungie Chestplates ever seeing the light of day again very slim. However 343i is still able to update Halo 3 so if there's any chance to make the Recon Armor a default armor classification then it could be unlocked by everyone upon logging onto the Halo 3 servers. I apologize if there are any incorrect facts this is all to the best of my knowledge. I had spoken to some of the devs during RTX Austin at the Halo booth while testing out Halo 3 BC about this along with file share coming to HaloWaypoint for Halo 3 like it was on Bungie.net. It didn't sound impossible for them to do, but it didn't sound likely.
I hope with all my hope that when H3 hits bc that some ex Bungie or 343 employees that have the chest play for a few days just to -Yoink- with people lol
stckrboy wrote:
Prodixgy wrote:
No that's the thing, the ability is no longer there for them to give it out. If it was they would still do it. The services required for them to unlock it have been retired.
Then, is there no way that 343i can add something new? Like flaming helmets, armor effects etc.

Only by popular demand, of course.
rtluv wrote:
Then, is there no way that 343i can add something new? Like flaming helmets, armor effects etc.

Likelihood is less than that of unlocking Recon. Working with old code bases on old platforms, testing, QA. Dev time and resources that is better spent on current and future ventures rather than games that are no longer supported
rtluv wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Prodixgy wrote:

They could add stuff into the game probably but that would never happen, waste of time and money. Too much to invest into a 10 year old game
stckrboy wrote:
rtluv wrote:

Likelihood is less than that of unlocking Recon. Working with old code bases on old platforms, testing, QA. Dev time and resources that is better spent on current and future ventures rather than games that are no longer supported
Ah okay, fair enough.
Thanks
yes i want new defi for the flamming helmet :)
stckrboy wrote:
rtluv wrote:

I do not want to be naughty to you, even if you've put a lot of time to makere halo 5 so that the players are happy, halo 3 will remain the best of all the halo. I am a very big fan of halo, but I find that halo is no longer halo and there are only real players who will understand what I mean.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2