Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 backwards compatible release date?!

OP Cmacaveli

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Nooga wrote:
Nooga wrote:
gobig89 wrote:
Everyone will be playing Halo 3 when its backcompat lets be honest.
For a couple (years)
Fixed that for you.
The mojority of people will pop it in for nostalgia then stop after a few days. There will still be a bigger population than now but it will decrease from the major influx right after it becomes available. Same thing happened to Reach
Seriously. H3 is one of my favorite games of all time but theres no way we're gonna be seeing 10000+ on this for more than a few weeks at most. Remember that this site is a bubble of very motivated halo fans that does not represent the average gamer. Ive been telling my friends about this being BC and for most of them its not even a blip on their radar. H3 came out nearly a decade ago and 99% of the population has long ago moved on from this title. It is at most a fond nostalgic memory for the vast majority of peopIe. I dont even think most people realize this game will even be BC soon (again, with the exception of relatively small, bubbled communities like this site and the halo subreddit).

Its fine to be stoked for this becoming BC. I intend to play this game a ton once its BC and the 10th anniversary hits. But you guys are deluding yourselves if you think the population is going to reach its former levels for any significant length of time.
Nooga wrote:
Nooga wrote:
gobig89 wrote:
Everyone will be playing Halo 3 when its backcompat lets be honest.
For a couple (years)
Fixed that for you.
The mojority of people will pop it in for nostalgia then stop after a few days. There will still be a bigger population than now but it will decrease from the major influx right after it becomes available. Same thing happened to Reach
Seriously. H3 is one of my favorite games of all time but theres no way we're gonna be seeing 10000+ on this for more than a few weeks at most. Remember that this site is a bubble of very motivated halo fans that does not represent the average gamer. Ive been telling my friends about this being BC and for most of them its not even a blip on their radar. H3 came out nearly a decade ago and 99% of the population has long ago moved on from this title. It is at most a fond nostalgic memory for the vast majority of peopIe. I dont even think most people realize this game will even be BC soon (again, with the exception of relatively small, bubbled communities like this site and the halo subreddit).

Its fine to be stoked for this becoming BC. I intend to play this game a ton once its BC and the 10th anniversary hits. But you guys are deluding yourselves if you think the population is going to reach its former levels for any significant length of time.
This. Thank you
Has there been a release date yet? The 10th anniversary is coming soon and I haven't heard anything else. Hoping one of you did
Has there been a release date yet? The 10th anniversary is coming soon and I haven't heard anything else. Hoping one of you did
Before the end of Summer is the current eta. Summer ends on 09/22 so we have a couple weeks.
Wouldn't be surprised if the H3 playlist comes to H5 on the 25th (for the 10 yr anniv) and BC by end of the month...
Know that we are mid way threw September, I think Halo 3 and the other Halo games will be coming out before October starts.
Hi guys,
Not really sure where to post this question but it pertains to halo 3 being backwards compatible. Does every game that you play on the xbox one put out 60 frames per second? Im not talking about the output of the console but I mean the games themsevles. If you play an xbox or xbox 360 game on the xbox one are they still running at 30 frames per second and lower resolutions? or are they somehow upgraded?
We know that Halo 3 in the master cheif collection is running at 60 fps 1080p and you can clearly see a difference when you compare it to the original halo 3 which is only at 30 fps 1152×640. But once halo 3 is backwards compatible on the xbox one will it still be at 30 frames per second 1152×640? or will it be upgraded at all?
I ask this because I am wanting to get back into halo 3 and xbox live and I am willing to upgrade to an xbox one from my 360 if halo 3 will run at 60 fps 1080p on the xbox one.
Im guessing its all going to remain the same but I would be very pleasently surprised if it was upgraded.
And if nowon knows for sure then purhaps ill just wait for it to be released to find out then buy my xbox one then...
Gwydien wrote:
Hi guys,
Not really sure where to post this question but it pertains to halo 3 being backwards compatible. Does every game that you play on the xbox one put out 60 frames per second? Im not talking about the output of the console but I mean the games themsevles. If you play an xbox or xbox 360 game on the xbox one are they still running at 30 frames per second and lower resolutions? or are they somehow upgraded?
We know that Halo 3 in the master cheif collection is running at 60 fps 1080p and you can clearly see a difference when you compare it to the original halo 3 which is only at 30 fps 1152×640. But once halo 3 is backwards compatible on the xbox one will it still be at 30 frames per second 1152×640? or will it be upgraded at all?
I ask this because I am wanting to get back into halo 3 and xbox live and I am willing to upgrade to an xbox one from my 360 if halo 3 will run at 60 fps 1080p on the xbox one.
Im guessing its all going to remain the same but I would be very pleasently surprised if it was upgraded.
And if nowon knows for sure then purhaps ill just wait for it to be released to find out then buy my xbox one then...
Halo 3 on Backwards Compatibility will run at native 30fps. Backwards compatibility is simply emulating an Xbox 360. It may slightly increase load times but frame rate won't change on any BC game.
Another question, will double XP weekends return with backwards compatibility? Or will it stay in the state its in with no support?
SurfRat69 wrote:
Another question, will double XP weekends return with backwards compatibility? Or will it stay in the state its in with no support?
i want to know that aswell
chopperzac wrote:
SurfRat69 wrote:
Well, judging from 343's history, they probably won't do a single thing. I do hope in celebration of halo 3's 10th anniversary that they at least do something. Double exp weekends would be a great idea. I mean how's hard could it be?
stckrboy wrote:
No dates have been announced yet that i know of, I imagine maybe closer to Halo 3's 10th anniversary
Mmm maybe
its Sporty wrote:
chopperzac wrote:
SurfRat69 wrote:
Well, judging from 343's history, they probably won't do a single thing. I do hope in celebration of halo 3's 10th anniversary that they at least do something. Double exp weekends would be a great idea. I mean how's hard could it be?
Yeah, it's a shame 343 never does anything for the 10 year anniversary of Halo games. Not a single thing. Ever. Just judging by their history.
Almost 9/20 and still no news on the release >:( what a buzzkill Microsoft and 343i are.
Once the halo titles are backwards compatible does anyone know if they will reopen the vidmaster challenge or something like it for recon armor in halo 3? I had it on my old old gt but do not know the login... Made it back in 04...
Almost 9/20 and still no news on the release >:( what a buzzkill Microsoft and 343i are.
The BC team over at Xbox are in charge of pushing this out, not 343.
Once the halo titles are backwards compatible does anyone know if they will reopen the vidmaster challenge or something like it for recon armor in halo 3? I had it on my old old gt but do not know the login... Made it back in 04...
Sorry OP, but 343 no longer have the ability to unlock Recon for anyone. They released it in waves a few years back but the tech has since been retired. If you don't already have it, there's no way to earn it again
stckrboy wrote:
The BC team over at Xbox are in charge of pushing this out, not 343.
Sorry OP, but 343 no longer have the ability to unlock Recon for anyone. They released it in waves a few years back but the tech has since been retired. If you don't already have it, there's no way to earn it again
343i are still buzzkills
Halo 3, H3: ODST, Halo 4, & Halo: CEA have arrived to Xbox One Backward Compatibility with free DLC for all titles!
Can someone tell me what the point of this back compat thing is when we've got MCC with visual upgrades??
Can someone tell me what the point of this back compat thing is when we've got MCC with visual upgrades??
so you can find H3 matches
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4