Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 BC Title/Playlist update tease

OP Yazite

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
During the 10th anniversary livestream for Halo 3, sketch teased something the back compat team is working on for Halo 3 on backwards compatibility. What could it be? My guess would be a playlist update/shuffle.
What did they say specifically?
its Sporty wrote:
What did they say specifically?
Pretty much what the OP said. BC team over at Xbox are working on something, they'll share out details when they're ready. It's more their thing so ske7ch didn't want to go into details about it. Oh and it's very likely not H3A :)
recon dlc?
Double EXP weekends are maybe coming back?
I'm thinking maybe double EXP? Or ya a shuffle kn the playlists.
I hope they make it to where running with parties no longer requires you to match up only against other parties.
Zumba wrote:
I hope they make it to where running with parties no longer requires you to match up only against other parties.
This is what made MCC so horrible. Going alone and matching with team of 4.
Zumba wrote:
It's the only way you will be able to find games efficiently running 2+.
Zumba wrote:
Zumba wrote:
It's the only way you will be able to find games efficiently running 2+.
Yeah this would be great too, however, I doubt they would do this; it'd be too much work for them. Nobody runs in more than teams of 2 right now because they can't find anybody. If they did this, more people would start running in 3's again. They should prioritize teams of equal numbers but allow smaller teams if needed.

Realistically, I hope they fix the framerate issues. That's be cool.
I am very, very interested to see what happens with this.
1080P 60FPS cough cough
Very interesting hopefully we are not kept in the dark for long...
AveryChu wrote:
Double EXP weekends are maybe coming back?
back comp team doesn't handle halo 3 server
1080P 60FPS cough cough
that's impossible
i hope if they revive recon it will make vidmasters useful again
MadRaven01 wrote:
i hope if they revive recon it will make vidmasters useful again
If the Xbox BC team is handling this, they won't have the ability to do these things. It's going to be something in the system like fixing the netcode or making the game run better on Xbox One
They won''t be adding anything major like a resolution upgrade. Any sort of addition to the game could cause a breakage in an adjacent game system which they certainly want to avoid. It will be something very minor which, even after 10 years, is welcome.
I'm guessing a double XP weekend or something related to file shares, it's sort of interesting how the file share completely breaks right as they're announcing 'new content', wondering if they're planning a customs browser or file share enhancements of some sort
jjnk12345 wrote:
1080P 60FPS cough cough
that's impossible
That's not impossible. The game is 1080P 60FPS on the MCC. The only reason it wasn't on the 360 is because it couldn't handle it. Also later this fall all OG Xbox games will be running on an enhanced resolution that are BC on the Xbox One. If they can enhance the resolution on OG Xbox Games they can easily do the same with 360 games as the Xbox One can handle it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2