Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 Exp Progression Fixed

OP shrekvsdonke

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
today when playing halo 3 i found out that you can gain experience again. i want to sincerely thank 343 for fixing this problem. halo 3 is a very special game for me. i like to achievement hunt this game a lot and the campaign which i have completed about 8 times this year never bores me. this issue started on september and since then i have been very sad. thanks again to whoever looked over this.

edit: the game wasn't fixed. slayer games don't give experience and true skill doesn't increase. games like capture the flag, king of the hill, oddball and juggernaut do give experience and i was confused. i'm still sad but not as much knowing there are not unattainable achievements yet. sorry for the title.
hopefully the 60% chance to load into a game by yourself is also fixed, id say thats way more annoying than exp not counting
It's good to hear a fix has been put into place. I hope it stays that way so people can go back to playing and earning achievements once more
Still doesn't work for me. I also still get loaded into games alone
i was able to get 50 xp and the three achievements just today. i noticed sometimes i wouldn't get experience but overall i can say 50/60 games gave me 1 xp. i found this out while playing with a friend, he gained experience too.
i was able to get 50 xp and the three achievements just today. i noticed sometimes i wouldn't get experience but overall i can say 50/60 games gave me 1 xp. i found this out while playing with a friend, he gained experience too.
What playlist did you play on?
What playlist did you play on?
we were first achievement hunting on team mythic and i got all of the experience for lieutenant on rumble pit.
I was playing Halo 3 trying to grind for XP and my team won the game and I got 0 XP. Is there a way how to fix this? This happens a lot for me.
this doesnt work!!! its still not fixed for everyone.
it seems the issue hasn't been fixed correctly then and i was very happy... but i can confirm the rank achievements are still attainable. i am just grinding them out on another account and i'm gaining experience. i suppose i just found a workaround then or perhaps the fix was applied to the server of one region i am not sure. i could share a clip from xbox one too.
ive only been able to get ranked exp to count, social still isnt counting for me or my 3 alts
One person in another post stated he was getting exp by finishing games fast. For example, in rumble pit there needed to be 6 minutes left on the clock on the bottom. Can you guys try to replicate this and post your findings? Every time I search rumble pit I cannot find games.
PCR wrote:
One person in another post stated he was getting exp by finishing games fast. For example, in rumble pit there needed to be 6 minutes left on the clock on the bottom. Can you guys try to replicate this and post your findings? Every time I search rumble pit I cannot find games.
i already tested extensively. other team leaving = xp, you winning by score = xp, you winning by time = no xp, you draw= no xp
Axo wrote:
PCR wrote:
i already tested extensively. other team leaving = xp, you winning by score = xp, you winning by time = no xp, you draw= no xp
It must depend which playlist you were in. A friend and I won 10 straight games of social slayer and did not get any exp, mainly because of how long these games last. I have yet to try the theory of the other person who stated you basically have have to speedrun the games to get the exp.
PCR wrote:
Axo wrote:
PCR wrote:
It must depend which playlist you were in. A friend and I won 10 straight games of social slayer and did not get any exp, mainly because of how long these games last. I have yet to try the theory of the other person who stated you basically have have to speedrun the games to get the exp.
i havent managed to gain any social xp, all ranked xp counted. tested on 4 different accounts and received the same results
best news ive heard all day
Awesome! I gotta hurry and get those achievements in case this happens again!
anyone wanna party up and do ranked team slayer? add me (same @ as here)
If they truly have fixed this error, then why do I and some of my comrads struggle to level, we play match and match and match, winning basically all of them. Yet we gain no Experience, it shows on my service record, I'm at 3 Exp, but I am only a recruit? I'd like more information about this "fix" and I would like them to please check up on it once again.

Scencerely J RAS KILLER
If they truly have fixed this error, then why do I and some of my comrads struggle to level, we play match and match and match, winning basically all of them. Yet we gain no Experience, it shows on my service record, I'm at 3 Exp, but I am only a recruit? I'd like more information about this "fix" and I would like them to please check up on it once again.

Scencerely J RAS KILLER
It's not fixed. I just tested it yesterday. I think the OP should change the title of this thread.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2