Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 File Share Issues On Xb1

OP Carpet

I’ve not been able to download anything from my file share or anyone else’s leaving me no option but to play multiplayer and I know many people want to play custom games but the file share system isn’t working so there’s no way to get our old game types and maps back please look into it whoever is a higher up reading this thank you 🙏🏼
I have been experiencing the same difficulty.
H3 File Share

error message

I was able to move some maps from Xbox 360 Halo 3 to Xbox One by saving them to the Cloud.

This moved about 20 of the 95 items stored there. The remaining files never did show up.
That fileshare has been dead for YEARS.

But I didn't know about cloud saving maps, thanks runNOKYARDrun!
Yeah, I've noticed this as well. Instead I had to copy from my MU on my 360 into cloud storage, and then download it that way to the XB1. It's less convenient because it has to be done from the Storage interface in the dashboard, rather than from in-game, and sometimes the in-game names differ from the names in the Storage UI, if you renamed the items inside the game. But it's better than nothing.

Any chance we'll see that file share functionality restored now that the games are on back compat, 343?
I agree and can only hope that it gets fixed. I thought I was clever to go on my 360 and upload game modes and maps to my file share, then download them on XB1. I was wrong.
I've played 360 H3 in it's dormant state for years and I can recall the fileshare only bugging out once, before it shortly came back to normal operation a few days later. I was also on 360 H3 around a week before the back compat update dropped and noticed this issue.

I've noticed that films, clips and gametypes can occasionally be downloaded and content can be uploaded to your fileshare. You can also change downloading priority in the active transfers tabs, but it will not work for maps.
Really hoping this can be fixed, I miss my old maps and game modes. So many memories...
Camonized wrote:
I've played 360 H3 in it's dormant state for years and I can recall the fileshare only bugging out once, before it shortly came back to normal operation a few days later. I was also on 360 H3 around a week before the back compat update dropped and noticed this issue.

I've noticed that films, clips and gametypes can occasionally be downloaded and content can be uploaded to your fileshare. You can also change downloading priority in the active transfers tabs, but it will not work for maps.
Yeah, I should have been more specific. I know I can pull up my friend's fileshare and trade maps and such in game (so it still works ... I guess calling it "dead" was a bit much), but as a screenshot guy, not having the ability to go to Bungie.net or Waypoint and get my screenshots means it might as well be dead. Fortunately, I can just use the Xbox One DVR now.
Halo file share has not been dead for YEARS it just downloaded one of my files but now is giving be the same error wish they would fix it brings back memories

But I didn't know about cloud saving maps, thanks runNOKYARDrun!
No, I, as you might type it, JUST downloaded some maps on my 360 without any issue, but I still can't on my Xbox One. (Also, the JUST thing was a joke, no hard feelings :P)
ITS WORKING! alt least it is for me