Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 Multiplayer population

OP Donuts are Love

So how many people play Halo 3 nowadays? Last time i popped in Halo 3, the population was little more than 200 :(
Well that is true, but expect a huge spike when the game becomes backwards compatible. The question is, how long will this population boost be? Even after the major boost, there should still be quite a few people playing halo 3. I just hope it's a stable enough population to support most of the playlists.
H3 population it's gonna increase whit BC dude trust me
Population was at 250 yesterday afternoon.
Ya typically that's the normal population. Also keep in mind that sometimes it's glitched. However when Halo 3 becomes BC for the Xbox one the population will most likely increase so be expecting for that to happen!
(150<x<250)
Today, at one point, the population was 1,350 something.
Alijah80 wrote:
Today, at one point, the population was 1,350 something.
That's pretty impressive for an FPS that's going to soon be a decade old...
Once it comes to backwards compatibility I will be living on H3.
I popped in Halo 3 to download the DLC, i went to Team Slayer and population was at 0 😳 I can only find matches in Social Slayer or Lone Wolves whenever I go on.
Also, i do hope to see a spike in population but it'll most likely be brief like with Halo: Reach, i believe I saw it go up to like 15,000 when it became BC, nowadays it's under 10,000
I popped in Halo 3 to download the DLC, i went to Team Slayer and population was at 0 😳 I can only find matches in Social Slayer or Lone Wolves whenever I go on.
Also, i do hope to see a spike in population but it'll most likely be brief like with Halo: Reach, i believe I saw it go up to like 15,000 when it became BC, nowadays it's under 10,000
Halo:Reach was a terrible game, both in multiplayer and campaign design.

Halo 3 has been the most popular so some might stick around due to nostalgia and how the game just works.
Can people who play on 360 play vs xb1 kids? when bc hits? I have no idea how that works
Can people who play on 360 play vs xb1 kids? when bc hits? I have no idea how that works
Yes they will! BC games play exactly like they do on 360 on XB1. Still 30fps. Only difference will be controller designs and screenshots etc
Yes they will! BC games play exactly like they do on 360 on XB1. Still 30fps. Only difference will be controller designs and screenshots etc
ok cool cuz i dont want to buy an xb1
The reason you can only find matches in Social Slayer and Lone Wolves is because most players don't have all the DLC, and there are still DLC restrictions on those playlists.
Do people still play on the original halo 3 game and not the MCC?
Make Halo 3 great again.
I just play reach because you can still play just about every game type