Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3: ODST Remastered

OP JackLively

I loved Halo 3: ODST. It was a much-needed break from Halo's traditional game style and stood out to me as a unique and cool experience.
The music was excellent, the voice talent was very well chosen, and the tone and atmosphere of the game was awesome.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys would be interested in a Halo 3: ODST Remastered? Complete with fully redone cutscenes, like the ones Blur did for Halo 2: Anniversary?

I think it would be a great opportunity to revisit and improve one of, in my opinion, the better Halo titles. I loved the experience of playing through H2:A, and the grand scope of the campaign really made me appreciate Halo as a great series. Seeing ODST, New Mombasa, Buck, Dare, The Covenant and all the rest in glorious HD, 60fps with remastered graphics, lighting and cutscenes on par with H2:A or H5 would be incredible. I'd sure buy it.

And who doesn't love Nathan Fillion, am I right?

I'm right.
I would be intrested in it but I think it would not happen in the time being unless something changed and makes history or something.
http://i.imgur.com/V1msFu6.gif

ODST is my favorite Halo game, and even I feel it doesn't need a remaster. I would much prefer new stories to be told. Why not an ODST 2 for example?

I don't get the obsession with remasters.
@CoverMyMeds, it's more just because sometimes the old, outdated graphics can take you out of the experience. At least, they do for me.

I'd like to experience it again, but better. If that makes any sense. It was awesome seeing Halo 2 with modern graphics. It made it so much more immersive and cinematic, but those cutscenes... they were the best thing about it. Blur did an incredible job with those. Halo 2 looked really dated, so I think the Anniversary version wasn't necessary but it sure helped me enjoy the game a lot more.

Though I agree an ODST 2 would be great. I'd like to see Buck going from an ODST to a Spartan.
Not a remaster, but a ODST 2. New story new characters.
The only reason I would ever want to see ODST remastered is so that I could see realistic rain in the game, not just incredibly slow streaks of white flying around, while Bungie goes off on a rant about why it is "impossible" to put realistic rain in the game.

In any case, I don't think that warrants a remaster and frankly I'd rather see something new at this point anyway.
Jestzer wrote:
The only reason I would ever want to see ODST remastered is so that I could see realistic rain in the game, not just incredibly slow streaks of white flying around, while Bungie goes off on a rant about why it is "impossible" to put realistic rain in the game.

In any case, I don't think that warrants a remaster and frankly I'd rather see something new at this point anyway.
You and OP. There's a remastered version of ODST already. It's the MCC DLC without firefight. That's it. Unless you guys are talking about a definitive edition. Or is the MCC ODST a definitive one? I don't know.
We need an Halo 3 remaster first.
Jestzer wrote:

You and OP. There's a remastered version of ODST already. It's the MCC DLC without firefight. That's it. Unless you guys are talking about a definitive edition. Or is the MCC ODST a definitive one? I don't know.
Read my post again... "I don't think that warrants a remaster."
Jestzer wrote:
Wouldn't call it a remaster... more the same game with a few bugs fixed in HD. So you're seeing the same low res, blurry textures from 2009 in High Definition. That's not really a remaster. It's just a port I guess.
Halo 3, ODST and 4 have already been remastered through the MCC. A remaster is where you take an old game and increase its resolution and framerate as well as other improvements. All 3 games were boosted from sub 720p (in Halo 4’s case, native 720p) and boosted to 1080p with 60fps.

If you’re after a version of those games with re-done textures, similar to HCEA and H2A, then this should just be called an ‘anniversary/definitive’ edition as they are rare examples of upgraded graphics.
Why is this game so under rated?