Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 odst was it good or bad thoughts?

OP Super Chief XL

good or bad
Good. I enjoyed it.

The gameplay was still similar to regular Halo games so it wasn't a complete change. Some expected it to be identical to Halo 3 in playstyle which obviously isn't the case. Firefight was a great addition to the franchise, the characters and story was fun, atmosphere was great, music was great, campaign missions was great. Yeah i enjoyed it.

ODST was hurt by Microsoft pricing the game as a full retail experience when it was originally supposed to be an expansion for Halo 3. People also may have expected too much from ODST, as mentioned above. Online Firefight matchmaking couldn't have hurt either.

Overall, a good entry to the Halo series but I respect that some didn't like it.
Eh, for me it's just in the middle. Kind of mediocre in my opinion.
I liked it a lot, a new take on the universe was nice
Sounds silly but I didn't enjoy not being a spartan, enjoyed some aspects and not others but overall if I had to decide on your question, probably good as it wasn't bad, just different...
Not good fricken AWESOME, loved it the soundtrack was absolutely monumental, I loved the isolated feel of playing as a lone wolf trying to survive devastation but also being compelled to find the answer before getting out driving the story along nicely. The visor gave a new look and perspective to things we had seen before , the terminals were brilliant. Gameplay great. But for me the vibe, the feel , the atmosphere was the games strongest suit. It reminded me of classic film noirs . The music the colour / tone and the questioning nature of the protagonist reminded of this . Very much like the film blade runner . Set in futuristic surroundings but very much a classic tale. Absolutely loved this game.
Not good fricken AWESOME, loved it the soundtrack was absolutely monumental, I loved the isolated feel of playing as a lone wolf trying to survive devastation but also being compelled to find the answer before getting out driving the story along nicely. The visor gave a new look and perspective to things we had seen before , the terminals were brilliant. Gameplay great. But for me the vibe, the feel , the atmosphere was the games strongest suit. It reminded me of classic film noirs . The music the colour / tone and the questioning nature of the protagonist reminded of this . Very much like the film blade runner . Set in futuristic surroundings but very much a classic tale. Absolutely loved this game.
I'm pretty much with you on this one. ODST was a very fun and insightful look into the "expanded universe." As in, exploring the devastation or consequences left behind by the player (Master Chief.) And, yes, I do indeed wish firefight was online. I still had loads of fun playing with friends and my brother!
I'm currently playing through ODST again for the achievements. And I gotta say it's still great. It introduced Firefight and you got to kick butt as ODSTs. And roaming the dark streets of New Mombasa with the jazzy music playing is still moody and fun.
I loved ODST, I thought it was great especially for a game put together in about a year. Marty killed that soundtrack and I thought the story was interesting. When it came out the only thing that sucked was it was $60 to get most of the maps I already had. But for the game itself I love it. Still play it to this day probably my second most played Halo to Halo 3. Firefight was great too the worst part was not having matchmaking for it though as most of my friends didn’t play Halo so I didn’t get to enjoy it to its full potential. Anyway I’m ranting, overall I love it. If you don’t have it you should give jt a try.
Absolutely LOVE ODST! One of the best stories, best soundtrack, and Firefight is an blast to play!