Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 on xbox one recon

OP madshooter 1406

Hi everyone when Bungie still owned Halo 3 I missed my chance to unlock recon. Do you think 343 will bring back road to recon?
No sorry OP. If you didn't unlock it from Bungie or when 343 unlocked it in the few waves they did then I'm afraid you're out of luck. They don't have the ability to unlock it for anyone anymore.
stckrboy wrote:
No sorry OP. If you didn't unlock it from Bungie or when 343 unlocked it in the few waves they did then I'm afraid you're out of luck. They don't have the ability to unlock it for anyone anymore.
Do they really not have the ability to do that? Cause I fear the return of "can I haz recon?" and if that starts up again if they don't have the ability to do it they'll find a way to.

just speaking to curiosity, I have recon from the vidmasters.
stckrboy wrote:
Well technically you could still unlock it but if only you have the Mythic Halo 3 disc right(second ODST disc)? Because when I go on regular Halo 3 I don't have it but when I go on Mythic Halo 3 I have it. Maybe this is a glitch for me???
It's sad to hear that recon is gone but thanks for replying to the post.
stckrboy wrote:
I find this hard to believe if I'm honest. They definitely have the ability to, but whether they intend to is a different matter entirely.
They really don't have the ability to unlock it, confirmed by previous Community Manager bs angel a few years ago. That's why they did 3 waves of unlocks, because they were retiring those services. If you search the forums for Recon you will find the same details going back a few years.
Im glad I unlocked it back in the day
A1NZ wrote:
Im glad I unlocked it back in the day
I did too, but then my account got hacked and had to start all over
Did they not hand out recon armour to everyone? I'm pretty sure they did.
Did they not hand out recon armour to everyone? I'm pretty sure they did.
They did, but that was awhile ago.
Maybe some sort of deal could be made for the 10th anniversary?
stckrboy wrote:
They really don't have the ability to unlock it, confirmed by previous Community Manager bs angel a few years ago.
Could you provide a link to this? Google search brought up nothing of the likes and there are hundreds of "Halo 3 Recon" threads on here. I'm not an expert in this but surely they have access to the game code and whatnot and surely would be able to hand it out again?
Was tweeted out a few times by both bs angel and the official Halo twitter account. Think it was mentioned in a Community Update, but don't recall which one. If I can track that down then i'll link it.

https://twitter.com/bsangel/status/423952261320945664
https://twitter.com/bsangel/status/395775744070012928
https://twitter.com/Halo/status/395008889587912704

The forum team also responded to some topic here as well:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/386c0102f55b48a3a0cc5412c3714e02/topics/can-t-recieve-recon-armor-on-halo-3/42695b56-d8d2-4a4f-9943-0ace9cd2fc8c/posts?page=1#post2

They'll be monitoring servers, but making playlist changes or unlocking Recon is unavailable to them now. There's only so long you can keep supporting legacy operations before you need to move on.
Thanks for the info. Luckily I have it but it is a shame for others who don't.
I still remember. One day, I went to play Halo 3. Like always, as habit, I always check my armor (Because I love the design) Then I found out that I had Recon. Like out of nowhere. I immediately equipped it. The next day, it was gone. I got so sad.
Yeah I think you're out of luck man. I'm glad I got mine I wish I could have my recon from Halo Reach on my xbox one though

Update: I found a way to get my Recon back on Reach for Xbox One...life is good