Halo 3 Population

OP Stiffyo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hi all,

im traveling the world at the moment (currently in australia) and I bought a Xbox 360 to kill some time after work as I've settled down for the next two months to save some doe, I saw this thread and went and bought halo 3 ODST I'm playing on the australian server which sucks can't even find a game I just put the locale to United States (assuming this was the most populated server but of corse I have a bit of lag) my speed check download is 92 upload is 21 and ping 12.

I was was wondering if there is a better but still highly populated locale I can play one perhaps one nearer to me like China? I'm not sure. 🖖🏼
B3NJYs wrote:
Stiffyo wrote:
So I've been on Halo 3 (360) for the last few days and I've noticed the daily population going up. At one point, I saw it peak at about 6k, which is the highest I've seen it in a while. Anybody know why so many people are going back to H3 on the 360?
hey the population always goes up on january because of christmas its a cheap and recomended game to pick up for your son or who ever its mostly just new players that don't know how to play.
Most of the guys I played against weren't new. They were mostly ranked players. Probably just got burned out on Halo 5 already and wanted to play some more classic Halo.
Stiffyo wrote:
So I've been on Halo 3 (360) for the last few days and I've noticed the daily population going up. At one point, I saw it peak at about 6k, which is the highest I've seen it in a while. Anybody know why so many people are going back to H3 on the 360?
Stiffyo, maybe because the MCC didn't work for some of them and wants to go back, I guess, but tbh, Halo 3 has better servers than the MCC
Nadesicle wrote:
No idea, that's great news though. What playlists are most active right now?
Social Slayer always has the biggest population of the playlists. Usually next is Team Slayer.
social? I'll pass then lol
Nadesicle wrote:
Social Slayer always has the biggest population of the playlists. Usually next is Team Slayer.
Pretty sure Lone Wolves might also be active. I remember back when I still played Halo 3 matchmaking, I could only find games on it, there was a game where I almost got a Perfection. I NEVER GOT ONE YET. Since around 2013 is when I got my 360, I played so much of Halo Matchmaking and I have never, not even once, got a Perfection. -YOINK- ME RIGHT?
Population jumped from 80 players to 1600 while I was in a match.

even with the increased 0 to 117 players in lone wolf there isn't a match available.

looks like I'll never get 2 for 1
Nadesicle wrote:
Only ranked playlists that have somewhat of a population is team slayer and doubles. Have to be careful in ranked though now, decent amount of cheaters in them.
It would be nice if it stayed that way. I really wanted to be around for Halo 3 and the Vidmaster challenge, but I was too late. Hopefully, this is my chance to do it.
It would be nice if it stayed that way. I really wanted to be around for Halo 3 and the Vidmaster challenge, but I was too late. Hopefully, this is my chance to do it.
If you are still trying for Recon, then I have bad news bud. Recon is not unlockable anymore. Not even if you complete the Vidmasters. If you want to prove you did them, then go right ahead, I won't stop you.
If you are still trying for Recon, then I have bad news bud. Recon is not unlockable anymore. Not even if you complete the Vidmasters. If you want to prove you did them, then go right ahead, I won't stop you.
Damn. I would still like to give it a shot though.
Damn. I would still like to give it a shot though.
Do as you will. But you will find yourself disappointed in the end. And trust me, you will. As for me, it is in no way unlockable, because I unintentionnaly skipped one of the vidmasters. Sad, but I got to deal with it, seeing how they are now pointless.
about time i can play an actual halo game instead of whatever 343 makes.
Is good to know Halo 3 is getting a bigger population.
Just got online... 150 players online... great.
Hopefully the population gets bigger
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
343 has absolutely nothing to do with Halo 3 being on backwards compadible. There is a team at Microsoft that handles that. Even if the did why in the hell would they waste the resources/effort to update a game that is over 10 years old with max 1500 people playing it at peak times.
Nooga wrote:
People signed on to probably see what’s going to be updated. But with 343 and their undoubtedly high intelligence *cough cough*, they never decided to provide any updates/playlists or anything. Dumbest dev of the year goes to them!
343 has absolutely nothing to do with Halo 3 being on backwards compadible. There is a team at Microsoft that handles that. Even if the did why in the hell would they waste the resources/effort to update a game that is over 10 years old with max 1500 people playing it at peak times.
They actually had to confirm if it should be backwards compatable and why not update a game during its 10th anniversary? why update halo 5 if their population is low too? You’re statements are pretty generic tbh
I'm playing Backwards Comparable on the Xbone. I wish it was like it was in 2009. I just want to play SWAT again. I wasn't ever a level 50 or even MLG but I sincerely miss playing H3 after work. Maybe there is a way to promote this game to bring in older players or even new ones to bring it back. It could be too late but man it would be amazing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3