Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 Revival?

OP chopperzac

What do you guys think the population will be like when it goes back compat. Do you think it will make top 5 games played on xbox? I think im being optimistic but maybe it will.
Honestly I do hope the halo community (old and new) will come together to enjoy Halo 3 after the mess that was the Master Chief Collection. In my honest opinion I would hope to see Halo 3 jump to at least the Top 10 on the Most Played games on Xbox but as long as the Halo 3 servers fill up like they used back in the old days I would still be very happy.
Steve1217 wrote:
Honestly I do hope the halo community (old and new) will come together to enjoy Halo 3 after the mess that was the Master Chief Collection. In my honest opinion I would hope to see Halo 3 jump to at least the Top 10 on the Most Played games on Xbox but as long as the Halo 3 servers fill up like they used back in the old days I would still be very happy.
I hope for the same i really hope customs thrive and all playlists are playable into the future
Just out of curiosity, what's the point of temporarily reviving a ten year old game when there's an updated version (MCC), and a Halo 5 playlist dedicated to Halo 3's Anniversary (launching at Anniversary day)?
Just out of curiosity, what's the point of temporarily reviving a ten year old game when there's an updated version (MCC), and a Halo 5 playlist dedicated to Halo 3's Anniversary (launching at Anniversary day)?
Ok number 1 mcc is broken and if you say youve never encountered a glitch im sorry your in denial. Halo 3s mcc port is completely differant to the original. Also the original was a fantastic gane and holds memories for me and many.
And yeah the problem is with the h5 playlist is that the game is fundementaly different.
chopperzac wrote:
Ok number 1 mcc is broken and if you say youve never encountered a glitch im sorry your in denial. Halo 3s mcc port is completely differant to the original. Also the original was a fantastic gane and holds memories for me and many.
And yeah the problem is with the h5 playlist is that the game is fundementaly different.
I wouldn't say it's broken, I mean I've played over 400 multiplayer games in it over the past three years. It definitely had its issues, but in the state it is now it's definitely playable, and close if not the exact same thing I'd play if I booted up my 360.

I like Halo 3 a lot too, but I just don't see how there's really any hope in trying to revive this game when there are so many other editions out currently. Sure, getting your friends or a small group on is realistic, but a revival? Not trying to be a debbie downer, but good luck.
Just out of curiosity, what's the point of temporarily reviving a ten year old game when there's an updated version (MCC), and a Halo 5 playlist dedicated to Halo 3's Anniversary (launching at Anniversary day)
tbh the biggest thing for me deciding rather to play Halo 3 Backwards Comp. or on the MCC is dedicated playlists for matchmaking on Halo 3. I know there is a playlist for just Halo 3 on the MCC but, 4v4 Slayer and some objective games just isn't enough for me. and being able to play BTB will only be playable if your whole lobby picks to play it. Another thing for me is the ranking, it just feels more satisfying for me as a player. and last but not least being able to customize your armor instead of having just one whole armor piece. But hey, that's just me