Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

[Locked] Halo 3's Anniversary

OP Chuukuu

I am sure people are sick of seeing 'I want H3A posts'. I am also getting a bit sick of it.
Halo 3 was an amazing game, and albeit bias I think that it was the peak of Halo multiplayer.
For those reasons I believe it deserves to be honored for still scraping and clawing onto life in its multiplayer an entire decade after its release.

Here is what I believe should be done:
343 Industries, if they are legally allowed to, should re-release Halo 3 for the Xbox One.
That is it. That is the only justice that can be done for such a game.
The exact same menus, music, screens, etc. All forwarded to run flawlessly using the Xbox One's features. If any changes are made they are to be detailed and criticized.

The graphics need no upgrade, they are fine, and should be left as is.
No gameplay improvements, aside from the 60 frames, which is already done.
All the menus should be exactly how they were. The lobbies, CG, forge, theater. All that same navy blue, with chief, or Guilty, or what have you in the background.
The same sounds.
It would be unforgivable if they did not include the same social, and ranked playlists and special playlists that were added by Bungie.
Definitely the same rank-up system.
If possible, the same way to unlock armour. Even vidmasters for Recon. (When that was an option.)
The same achievements!
Even the same veto system.

If 343 still care about veterans, they could go the extra mile:
-Allow players the option to transfer progress, if they want to. (Although I believe everyone should start from scratch.)
-Release the map packs on their anniversaries' for free.
-Have the exact same game modes.
-Release the re-release for free, or for a minuscule amount, seeing as very little work is needed to be done.
-Do everything Bungie did to make that game as fabled as it always will be.
-Use the same damn servers and allow for play with people on 360 Halo 3.
-Update the maps like Bungie did and on their ani days, if possible. i.e at one point the rockets on Narrows were at the top and then they were moved to the bottom (or vice versa). Do those exact same map updates, on their respective update days.
-Update the game as a whole, as Bungie did. i.e, release it as it was on launch, nearly 10 years ago. Add the patches that Bungie added, on those respective patch days.
These are the extra miles I'd like to see, if you truly care about veterans, and to an extent, your newer players.

Obviously, my ideas are a tad crude and open to development. I haven't written them down until this post. Please comment feedback.
Some things might be a bit nonsensical, please try to look past it if you can.

This is essentially a glorified back-compat release.
Bumperino.
Thread is dead. R.I.P.
Halo 3 was the first fps game I played on 360. I would love to see it remade for xbox one.
Halo 3 was the first fps game I played on 360. I would love to see it remade for xbox one.
Not even remade, just straight up re-released. Effectively.
Chuukuu wrote:
So backwards compatible?
Chuukuu wrote:
So backwards compatible?
Should have read the original post, a glorified back-compat re-release.
Never was a fan of Halo 3, I don't know what the big deal is about its such a slow game.
Or just make things more simple by adding the original stuff to MCC. I don't want it without the ranking system and post game medals!
I completely agree with this and i'm glad someone else shares my opinion on Halo 3. Hopefully 343 does this and maybe this time they won't ruin the MP like MCC
Or just make things more simple by adding the original stuff to MCC. I don't want it without the ranking system and post game medals!
I disagree, MCC is -Yoinked!-. This needs to be a standalone thing if it has any chance of success.
I'm bumping this old thread of mine because I cba to make a new one.
Honestly re-releasing Halo 3 on Xbox One EXACTLY the same, but to run at 60 FPS is a waste of time and resources. If it was to be re-released, it should improve in some aspects like Forge, Graphics (Not too much), Sounds (Again, not too much), more customization (without helmets that are complete abomination *cough* *cough* speaker helmet *cough* *cough*), maybe a Firefight gamemode, and that's it. My opinion.