Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

[Locked] Halo 3 should be backwards compatible for xbox one

OP DeBangled

i know we have have halo mcc but the way it pairs you up with people is krazy. You can be a lvl 12 and get matched up with a team of 50s WTF is that. I miss the way they used to make the halos. HALO 3 SHOULD BE COMPATIBLE.
It should, but it won't be because of MCC.
I would love for this to happen, but it won't. Halo 3 is on the MCC and Microsoft isn't going to make it backwards compatible.

Just picture it, they make it backwards compatible. Major Nelson puts it on his twitter feed. The gaming media picks it up and asks "why are they doing this it's on the MCC? Oh wait it's still broken?"

IGN story 'Microsoft gives up on MCC! makes Halo 3 backwards compatible.'
I hope they make it backwards compatible so many gamers will play it and so will old halo 3 players. We can complete achievements too and level up. Pick up where we left off in our school days. Won't it be an amazing feeling?
DeBangled wrote:
i know we have have halo mcc but the way it pairs you up with people is krazy. You can be a lvl 12 and get matched up with a team of 50s WTF is that. I miss the way they used to make the halos. HALO 3 SHOULD BE COMPATIBLE.
True
For LAN Parties. I use the Halo Reach BC version on xbox one paired up with xbox 360s to play Halo Reach LAN.
I would like to do the same with Halo 3 (and 4)
It would be a nice thing to have for the 10th anniversary, but I doubt it's going to happen. Why would Microsoft work on a BC game that is already on the platform? Yes, having the proper matchmaking and all that is nice, but it won't make them that much money.
It finally happened Halo 3 is now backwards compatible THANK GOD
LOL yes halo 3 is backwards compatable YES!