Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo 3 vidmaster annual achievement

OP Haze1 rah

I have attempted this achievement multiple times and it is always extremely laggy. I play with hunters from all over the globe and we take turns hosting but there is very little difference. My questions are have the campaign servers always been this laggy and is there anyway to fix the connection?
Normally, no. Going for this on the 360 version of the game was much smoother in terms of connection stability than on the MCC version.

Do you guys all have open NATs? You can also try forwarding the appropriate ports. There are posts on Reddit that explain this process well.
Those achievements are a blast! Goodluck. Also can you still unlock recon for H3 by completing them? or is that not available anymore.
Those achievements are a blast! Goodluck. Also can you still unlock recon for H3 by completing them? or is that not available anymore.
The vidmasters can still be completed, but Recon is now unobtainable ever since Bungie transferred their online assets over to 343.
The vidmasters can still be completed, but Recon is now unobtainable ever since Bungie transferred their online assets over to 343.
Ah thats a shame. Too bad 343 just cant just make it reavailable for when you finish. Probably the most satifying helmets you can unlock
Haze1 rah wrote:
I have attempted this achievement multiple times and it is always extremely laggy. I play with hunters from all over the globe and we take turns hosting but there is very little difference. My questions are have the campaign servers always been this laggy and is there anyway to fix the connection?
I've never had issues with it being extremely laggy. Are you attempting the achievement via the Xbox 360 version or MCC? I would assume 360 but wanted to ask
Haze1 rah wrote:
I've never had issues with it being extremely laggy. Are you attempting the achievement via the Xbox 360 version or MCC? I would assume 360 but wanted to ask
Also... make sure that either everyone is running backwards compatibility or is on original 360... from experience it makee things more stable.

Ideally also make sure the host at least is using a wired connection to avoid signal drops
That's pretty normal, even in the 360, if you're playing with people across the globe or with poor connections. That applies to firefight and campaign in Halo 3 and ODST.
MorseyBaby wrote:
Haze1 rah wrote:
Also... make sure that either everyone is running backwards compatibility or is on original 360... from experience it makee things more stable.

Ideally also make sure the host at least is using a wired connection to avoid signal drops
Agreed. Honestly, it's all around better just to attempt the achievement on Xbox 360
Well me and three other strangers have unlocked it. The host was American and had a very good internet connection which meant it was not as laggy as most other games I had experienced. We all had to play on the Xbox One using the backwards compatible version of Halo 3. Because the lag fluctuates, we had to use speed running techniques to skip parts of the map and use caution when entering hard sections as not to die and revert to a checkpoint.
Haze1 rah wrote:
here is a pro tip i used to do annual achievement have 2 people in lobby both players have a splitscreen teammate thus u don't have to connect to more people across the world just one guy