So my friend and I recently hopped back on Halo 3, but unfortunately I lost my old account where I used to play Halo 3 on, and I was just wondering if there is still a way to get Recon armor? If anyone knows that would be great, thanks!
Nope, sorry OP but I'm afraid Recon is no longer available to be unlocked. It was last unlocked back in 2014 I believe, 343 no longer have the ability to unlock it for players - this also includes completing Vidmaster achievements. Unless you can get your account back or have an account that already has it, you're out of luck
Getting Recon is a no go now. :(
So my friend and I recently hopped back on Halo 3, but unfortunately I lost my old account where I used to play Halo 3 on, and I was just wondering if there is still a way to get Recon armor? If anyone knows that would be great, thanks!
Did your account get hacked or something? BC my old account was hacked and it had the recon unlocked. If you find a way to get it back, please tell me.
Yeah you're out of luck I believe. I wish there was still a way so I could get it on my alternate account, but, life goes on.
Yea it's no longer available to unlock unfortunately as for your other account being hacked have u contacted Microsoft for possible recovery?
Recon was handed out by 343/Bungie during the final steps in the acquisition of assets. After 343 had full control over the Halo properties halo 3 saw a final few patches and waves of Recon before finally being left alone by 343i. The servers in which Halo 3 Recon was given out/unlocked has been retired which make it very slim that any players who don't have Recon will ever be able to obtain it. This is also makes the possibility of Halo 3 Bungie Chestplates ever seeing the light of day again very slim. However 343i is still able to update Halo 3 so if there's any chance to make the Recon Armor a default armor classification then it could be unlocked by everyone upon logging onto the Halo 3 servers. I apologize if there are any incorrect facts this is all to the best of my knowledge. I had spoken to some of the devs during RTX Austin at the Halo booth while testing out Halo 3 BC about this along with file share coming to HaloWaypoint for Halo 3 like it was on Bungie.net. It didn't sound impossible for them to do, but it didn't sound likely.