Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo CE: Anniversary - Digital Download Now Avail

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
We just received word that the Halo: CE Anniversary should now be available for digital purchase in the Xbox Marketplace for play on Xbox One!

Please note - The team discovered an issue that required the game to be removed and re-uploaded to the Marketplace. If you purchased a digital version of Halo CE: Anniversary prior to approx. 4PM PT on 9/27, you'll need to delete and re-download in order to ensure that multiplayer works properly.

Enjoy Halo CE: Anniversary on Xbox One!
I downloaded by my disc when back comp launched do I need to reinstall it to buy it digitally?
Halo Anniversary is not working on my xbox one, I have the original disc but it says it can not be played here. Will this now work? following this new information?

Thanks
I like having the physical discs and not the downloadable one. :(
It´s in xbox 360 or one bro?
Awesome
Cool cant wait to play silent cartographer on xbox one
That's cool.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Nunca lo juegues con la calavera hierro en legendaria, tarde 15 intentos en la primera mision
While yes this is neat. I have MCC installed and don’t want to take up more space. Cool idea to make Back-Comp tho.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
It's back on the Xbox 360! You guys read my request on here. Thank you! :D
I really would love to have this game's matchmaking added to the MCC.
Or you can just get the Chief Collection and get 2, 3, (and 3 ODST for 5 bucks. and yeah it's a worth getting) and 4, all in one game WITH CE anniversary.
EchoLoco2 wrote:
Or you can just get the Chief Collection and get 2, 3, (and 3 ODST for 5 bucks. and yeah it's a worth getting) and 4, all in one game WITH CE anniversary.
MCC doesn't include CEA's matchmaking because its rooted through Halo Reach.
eLantern wrote:
EchoLoco2 wrote:
MCC doesn't include CEA's matchmaking because its rooted through Halo Reach.
That's another thing:Why didn't 343 just make CEA multiplayer instead of just doing Reach's? Remastered old school CE multiplayer would be awesome!
EchoLoco2 wrote:
That's another thing:Why didn't 343 just make CEA multiplayer instead of just doing Reach's? Remastered old school CE multiplayer would be awesome!
Because Halo CE never had a multiplayer and the work required to get it up and running was way more than they could do at that time. Wasn't until MCC that they actually brought CE's LAN online. I had a source from Frank talking about this at one point, maybe buried in my post history. For now, here's a quote
Quote:
“The most significant change was the multiplayer component,”

“We had to do this in a fairly compressed time schedule. And we looked at the original Halo multiplayer engine, it wasn’t built to do anything except system link and making the engine work across Xbox LIVE, it would have been possible but it would have been a massive undertaking.”

“We also looked at the Reach player base and realized we didn’t want to further fracture the existing player base so we decided to make the multiplayer in the Reach engine. Everything launches on one disk. You don’t have to own Reach to play these seven new multiplayer maps.”
That should allow many more people to be able to play a classic who would otherwise never heard of it
Thats cool but why can't i buy these games with the money i have on my account ?!
It always wants my creditcard or something else for avatar and 360 games...
There a way to fix this issue ?! Anyone has an idea? 🤔
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2