Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo CE Anniversary did it right.

OP RenegadeHeart98

This may be a personal opinion of mine but I preferred the graphics of the original over the remaster mostly because it gave me a deeper sense of nostalgia and really made me feel isolated in this alien ringworld but now that I think on it, Halo CE Anniversary did their job right. You have to remember this is 2252 and forerunners were very advanced in their technology and in the original, it made the forerunner world look like an ancient pyramid type thing but the remaster does it right by showing how much more evolved Forerunners were in their designs and I mean come on, that Linda-058 easter egg in the first level
Agreed
I thought it was a decent job but not great. The treatment to campaign was great but multiplayer was just Halo Reach on CE maps.
I agree. Obviously the classic graphics will always feel better for me because ive played the game like that for years, but I recently replayed the anniversary remaster and I have to admit what you said is correct.
I agree as well.
Playing through CE and Halo 2, I play with the original graphics. I prefer to play that way. Glad everyone else here feels the same way
CEA was alright, a great idea though. It was refreshing to play with the updated graphics although there were a few bugs with it like on TB and AOTCR when you get the Banshee, some of the cliffs in Anniversary don't stretch out as far as they actually do so you may hit an 'invisible wall' in Anniversary mode. The MP being an add on for Reach definitely hurt it for many because it is likely most never experienced Halo CE online (those of us who own the PC version already have done) and it was a missed opportunity to bring a fully realised, updated Halo CE to Xbox.

Like MCC, good attempt, good concept, flawed execution.
The MP being an add on for Reach definitely hurt it for many because it is likely most never experienced Halo CE online (those of us who own the PC version already have done) and it was a missed opportunity to bring a fully realised, updated Halo CE to Xbox.

The MP being an add on for Reach was the only way to make it happen. It was decent and I was happy to have actual remakes of the Halo CE maps instead of Forge sculpted maps. Also, Halo CE was never online for Xbox. There was a way of playing CE online via XBC (XBox Connect) but it was fairly laggy.

Just wanted to say that
they done a decent job but they kinda ruined the atmosphere of the 1st flood mission in CE by increasing the lighting too much should have kept it dark and scary
The MP being an add on for Reach definitely hurt it for many because it is likely most never experienced Halo CE online (those of us who own the PC version already have done) and it was a missed opportunity to bring a fully realised, updated Halo CE to Xbox.

The MP being an add on for Reach was the only way to make it happen. It was decent and I was happy to have actual remakes of the Halo CE maps instead of Forge sculpted maps. Also, Halo CE was never online for Xbox. There was a way of playing CE online via XBC (XBox Connect) but it was fairly laggy.

Just wanted to say that
Of course. It would have been foolish to fragment the Halo MP community (Reach was still relevant at the time) so it was the best way. Still, a console Halo CE with online would have been nice for console only players.

I agree with the maps. Reach’s Forge maps were arguably one of the games weak points. The CEA maps were brought nicely into Reach and played well.

I am aware of CE being offline only for Xbox. My post originally mentioned the PC version regarding online play. Sorry for the confusion.

Just wanted to say that
Of course. It would have been foolish to fragment the Halo MP community (Reach was still relevant at the time) so it was the best way. Still, a console Halo CE with online would have been nice for console only players.

I agree with the maps. Reach’s Forge maps were arguably one of the games weak points. The CEA maps were brought nicely into Reach and played well.

I am aware of CE being offline only for Xbox. My post originally mentioned the PC version regarding online play. Sorry for the confusion.
You're exactly right and I do agree, it would have been nice to have Halo CE online. And I wasn't confused, just wanted to say that is all. Most people weren't aware that Xbox Connect even existed. I wish they were still around. There was a group of people who played Halo CE on there fairly regularly
I like the classic and new graphics in certain areas. Some areas were did justice by the newer graphics, while other areas still look good in theor original form. Even in classic graphics, I’ve stopped playing and just admired the beautiful scenery.
My problem with CEA was that although it has obviously much better graphics, sometimes it looses the original style and nostalgia of the original game.
However, breaking that style in the forerunners like that does work a lot because, as you said, they were hyper advanced species. That is why the textures of their structures should look very shiny, clean and superior. I am happy they respected that in Halo 4/5 and in Halo 2 Anniversary.
And it creates visual variety, look at the library. Really seems like an advanced knowledge bank, with different shimmering greedy colors instead of just a decadent mine-like dark maze.
Yes. Agreed.

Halo.started out as a dark atmosphere game thats why i like the original.graphics
My biggest complaint is the over shininess of walls. Seriously trashes the atmoshere
Yeah, love the remastered graphics, but because of the unsure geometry, I normally play mission like Halo or The Silent Cartographer I use the original. When I'm inside something, like the Pillar of Autumn (and to an extent, the Maw), the Truth and Reconciliation, I use the remastered.
if you guys want to play halo 2 on original hardware, joint this discord and we will get you going. we play everyday, bring a headset! it works on 360 too. https://discord.gg/JStTEN
Only thing I didn’t like about CeA is they didn’t add the Classic Ce multiplayer to the game, would’ve been so cool playing it again, but overall, the games great, I loved playing it a lot when I had my 360