Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo CE: Anniversary

OP AshamanND

Has anyone else noticed that the HCEA stats on Waypoint are kinda hidden?

I remember looking at them a while back, but when I now click on my service record drop-down menu, it isn't listed!
The only way I could get to it was by going to the HCEA overview page and clicking on service record link (not drop-down menu) from there.

Here's a link to mine for reference.

What gives?

EDIT:

And now it seems to show up in the drop-down menu.
Maybe I was blind before? Or maybe accessing it kick-started something so that it now shows up...

2nd EDIT:

Looks like it really is hidden.
I just checked the main profile page of a few of my friends, ones I know have played HCEA.
Their drop-down menu does not show an option for HCEA.

I am getting this message: ACCESS TO THIS RECORD IS RESTRICTED FOR ALL SECURITY LEVELS We’re sorry, access to other users’ service records is not supported for this title.

So yeah, what gives?
Likely privacy related - if they haven chosen not to share specific sections of their profile publicly, then you won't be able to see that on Waypoint
stckrboy wrote:
Likely privacy related - if they haven chosen not to share specific sections of their profile publicly, then you won't be able to see that on Waypoint
Have you played it, and make it publicly available?

I don't see any option for the drop down for HCEA on your profile either.
Seems like it's blocked to look at anyone else's other than your own.
I can't see the stats either but it's odd because what stats would there be to track? Halo CEA has campaign and multiplayer but multiplayer was on the Halo Reach engine
I can't see the stats either but it's odd because what stats would there be to track? Halo CEA has campaign and multiplayer but multiplayer was on the Halo Reach engine
It shows campaign completion percentage, Achievements, Terminal unlock progress, Skulls unlock progress and Objects scanned progress.

Not a lot really, but it seems to be the only place outside of the in-game menu to see some progress tracking.

Not sure if this link will work, but have a peek at this screen grab of some of mine.
AshamanND wrote:
It shows campaign completion percentage, Achievements, Terminal unlock progress and Objects scanned progress.

Not a lot really, but it seems to be the only place outside of the in-game menu to see some progress tracking.

Not sure if this link will work, but have a peek at this screen grab of some of mine.
That's interesting. I can also go and look and all my stats so it is there. It must be a privacy setting thing
AshamanND wrote:
It shows campaign completion percentage, Achievements, Terminal unlock progress and Objects scanned progress.

That's interesting. I can also go and look and all my stats so it is there. It must be a privacy setting thing
Yeah, must be something privacy related. But I don't think it's on an individual basis - it seems like it is across the board this way.
I'm trying to think of a reason why this game would be treated differently by 343/MS in terms of privacy and I really have no idea.
It was 343's first release, so maybe they missed something in some terms and agreements or disclosures somewhere?

Maybe it has something to do with Kinect? I don't think any other Halo game specifically uses Kinect on either system.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:

Yeah, must be something privacy related. But I don't think it's on an individual basis - it seems like it is across the board this way.
I'm trying to think of a reason why this game would be treated differently by 343/MS in terms of privacy and I really have no idea.
It was 343's first release, so maybe they missed something in some terms and agreements or disclosures somewhere?

Maybe it has something to do with Kinect? I don't think any other Halo game specifically uses Kinect on either system.
I hope that one of the admins, or someone at 343, sees this post and can possibly explain
Well it only tracks your achievements that you've unlocked so far and you can do that from the Xbox menus. Halo 1 Anniversary was forgotten anyways
It shows up on the drop-down menu for me. It used to be more detailed, back in the day, but even then, it didn't have much to show.
it´s a joke... d´ont run in xbox360 and the suppor dont exist¡¡¡¡¡
'Halo CE Anniversary' is always in the drop down box for my record but is consistently missing from the drop down box for other players' records. I doubt that's a coincidence so Waypoint must not have the same import settings for it as they do for the games that came out before and after.