Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo CE Remastered

OP SII SPARTAN XXX

Now that 343i has built the Slipspace engine i would love to see a proper remaster. I personally was super disappointed with the quality. Also there were things that drove me insane IE: bobble head chief, fat sgt Johnson who waddled out of the hanger bay. They copy and pasted over original models. I want it to be super 4k detailed it deserves so much more love than people think it's the game that started it all. What are your thoughts? Were there any things about the game that bothered you?
I don’t necessarily dislike the remaster and the original game still feels great to play, all things considered. But, it is the only game in the series that doesn’t use Havok physics and that’s the one thing that always bugged me about CE. Because of that, I’d love to see a faithful remake of the game someday. That means no changes whatsoever to the art style, AI behavior, level design, dialog, etc. I’d like to see updated character models and physics but that’s about it. Naturally, that means a lot of exploits and bugs would go away, but that’s no biggie if it’s a remake done well since we’d still have the original to go back to.
I wouldn't mind seeing a remake/reimagining, similar to what Black Mesa is to Half-Life and what SPv3 tried to do too. Another remaster on the other hand I don't feel is needed, at least not for a long time.
Can we get a Halo 3 Anniversary first? I don’t have anything against Halo CE but to be fair it already got a remaster. Fans were BEGGING for a Halo 3 Anniversary after CE and Halo 2 got the treatments. I understand everyone in the community is entitled to their own opinion but it seems like most people like Halo 3 a lot (personally my favorite) and I also understand there were pros and cons to making H3A, but, if they do decide to remaster a game let Halo 3 get it first not a remaster of a remaster.
Now that 343i has built the Slipspace engine i would love to see a proper remaster. I personally was super disappointed with the quality. Also there were things that drove me insane IE: bobble head chief, fat sgt Johnson who waddled out of the hanger bay. They copy and pasted over original models. I want it to be super 4k detailed it deserves so much more love than people think it's the game that started it all. What are your thoughts? Were there any things about the game that bothered you?
Does a game that was already remastered once and enhanced for better hardware twice need a second remaster? No.

If you're dissatisfied with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, then the PC port of the original Halo: Combat Evolved is a great way of getting the improvements you want due to the expansive mods that exist for it.
I honestly hope we don't see it remastered anytime soon. The whole "remaster" trend is really getting old. I'd rather see Halo: Combat Evolved be remastered in 2031, for the 30th anniversary, just so it would introduce the series to a brand new generation of gamers. I'm ready for Halo Infinite and whatever else 343 Industries has up their sleeves. It's time for new games and new ideas instead of dwelling on the past.
I honestly hope we don't see it remastered anytime soon. The whole "remaster" trend is really getting old. I'd rather see Halo: Combat Evolved be remastered in 2031, for the 30th anniversary, just so it would introduce the series to a brand new generation of gamers. I'm ready for Halo Infinite and whatever else 343 Industries has up their sleeves. It's time for new games and new ideas instead of dwelling on the past.
This.

In terms of Anniversary treatment, Halo CE and Halo 2 are the only ones that actually had features added to the game.

Halo CE:

- Added Online support (Previously only Halo PC had online multiplayer)
- Added Online co-operative

Halo 2:

- Added Online support (H2X was down and H2V was a failure)
- Added Live co-op.

Any of the newer Halo's are all fully functional and even got 'remastered' (1080p/60fps) in the MCC, with X owners getting a close to 4K resolution bump with HDR support for all Xbox One owners. There's no need to do anything to them.

Remakes/Reimagining are another story but if anything, Reach could be added to MCC, which would see it get bumped from sub 720p to 1080p and 30fps to 60fps.
I would love to see an actual remaster of the multiplayer with the core mechanics still intact. That Reach crossover abomination we had in 2012 was a disservice to the franchise.
Does a game that was already remastered once and enhanced for better hardware twice need a second remaster? No.

If you're dissatisfied with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, then the PC port of the original Halo: Combat Evolved is a great way of getting the improvements you want due to the expansive mods that exist for it.
Well that's your opinion. I think it needs to be done properly.
dryrain23 wrote:
Can we get a Halo 3 Anniversary first? I don’t have anything against Halo CE but to be fair it already got a remaster. Fans were BEGGING for a Halo 3 Anniversary after CE and Halo 2 got the treatments. I understand everyone in the community is entitled to their own opinion but it seems like most people like Halo 3 a lot (personally my favorite) and I also understand there were pros and cons to making H3A, but, if they do decide to remaster a game let Halo 3 get it first not a remaster of a remaster.
I agree i would LOVE to see a H3 remaster as well. I was just disappointed with CEA.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sin duda me da nostalgia el que hayan remasterizado halo 1