Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo: CE Stories and moments

OP Bassley

So I've recently revisited Halo: CE after not playing it for a long time and loved returning to it so much. So, I though i'd ask you guys for any stories or moments from playing Halo: CE, whether it's from campaign or multiplayer i'd love to hear them and to start it off i'll share my fondest memory!

I remember staying up until 2am finishing the campaign after playing it all day and as ending cut-scene rolled I felt like i had overcome a whole universe and fell in love with anything halo there and then.
Honestly, one of my fondest memories was launch night for the Xbox and Halo CE. I was in South Korea at the time because my dad was in the Air Force. We were at Osan Air Force Base and we were attending the midnight release at the BX (Base Exchange), which is the military base equivalent to a small Walmart. I had been going to the BX several times a week just to play the Halo Demo so nearly the entire staff knew who I was. I was only 11 at the time. My dad took me to the launch, he bought me my Xbox and Halo, but then a few other people asked about hosting a LAN party. My dad was cool with the idea so he let me open my Xbox in the store, along with three other people, and we hooked everything up to the display TV's in the electronics department. We played for a couple of hours, around 50 people all together, until it was time for everyone to go home and get some sleep.

It was an absolute blast and truly one of my favorite memories. I really wish we had taken some pictures back in the day.
I think my favorite memory was playing the campaign of the trial version on the PC. I had so much fun playing it and replayed it at least three times before I got my hands on the full game.
The scariest moment for me in Halo CE (I was 6 years old at the time) was going through the mission "Keys" and discovering the Proto Gravemind. That gave me nightmares back in the day.
The Library gave me nightmares when I was younger. I hated it. It was too dark and I did not like the level design either. But that was then, and now I enjoy speedrunning it. I mostly play it in Anniversary graphics now, but I occasionally switch back to classic.

As for multiplayer, I remember playing the trial version (or whatever it was called) for PC, and that was one of the few occasions where I have played some multiplayer. I remember meeting 2 other players and played with them for many hours, either against other players, or against each other. Or, we were messing around the map together! We even told each other where we were from through the chat! One told me he/she was from Japan, the other I don't remember, but was somewhere in the Middle East.
The best memory I had with them was when we did a totem, one above each other, then throwing grenades at the ground and watch ourselves fly!
Yes, we were total idiots, but it was fun. I wish I could meet them again, it was a very long time ago.
buzzsaw135 wrote:
The scariest moment for me in Halo CE (I was 6 years old at the time) was going through the mission "Keys" and discovering the Proto Gravemind. That gave me nightmares back in the day.
You started younger than I did! That's awesome! I can understand why that would have given you nightmares back in the day.
buzzsaw135 wrote:
You started younger than I did! That's awesome! I can understand why that would have given you nightmares back in the day.
It's my favorite mission in CE now, I always have a blast playing it with friends.
buzzsaw135 wrote:
buzzsaw135 wrote:
It's my favorite mission in CE now, I always have a blast playing it with friends.
That's awesome! I've always been a big fan of Two Betrayals and how chaotic that mission can be
I started on halo 3 when i was 6 but never got my hands on CE until the anniversary edition when i was about 11 so i didn't really get nightmares and such since i was older and the anniversary graphics were the go-to then which wasn't so dark compared to the original.

I love all these stories, they're amazing! Keep some more coming guys!
Blood Gulch and sleepovers. SOOOO many hours just killing each other. to be 13 again..........
Blood Gulch and sleepovers. SOOOO many hours just killing each other. to be 13 again..........
Ramping the ghosts off the Scorpion, trying to get outside the map, sniper wars. Those were some great times
I remember the first time! I was in college. I was in a friends dorm. He was a pc gamer but had every console at the time. He had Halo CE I’m the ole Xbox. I turned it on. The next thing that happen led me down a dark road( late nights of playing). And that’s when I found my first love... Spartan 117. I mean Halo. Lots of fun game play with friends. The entire halo universe is amazing. And it all started with a ring!
I remember the first time! I was in college. I was in a friends dorm. He was a pc gamer but had every console at the time. He had Halo CE I’m the ole Xbox. I turned it on. The next thing that happen led me down a dark road( late nights of playing). And that’s when I found my first love... Spartan 117. I mean Halo. Lots of fun game play with friends. The entire halo universe is amazing. And it all started with a ring!
That's really cool. I love Halo CE and have countless fond memories with that game. It's nice to see some old school guy's and gal's floating around Halo still. I often feel like the Master Chief at the end of Halo 4. The scene at the end of the credits where Master Chief, one of the few remaining original Spartans who has been around since the start, walking by Commander Palmer and all the Spartan IV's who are completely speechless at his presence. There aren't many of the old school Spartan's around these days. The one's who have been playing since Halo CE and have been through everything since then
I remember kicking on that old school brick xbox and just listening to the theme music at the opening menu. And just taking in the breath taking sights. Hours and hours spent just living in that universe. And somehow a four person free for all was the most intense thing I had ever played... Its not so much a memory I have that's my favorite... but the feeling the game itself gave me.
I remember kicking on that old school brick xbox and just listening to the theme music at the opening menu. And just taking in the breath taking sights. Hours and hours spent just living in that universe. And somehow a four person free for all was the most intense thing I had ever played... Its not so much a memory I have that's my favorite... but the feeling the game itself gave me.
Thanks for sharing! Free for games were always some of the craziest matches, especially on Prisoner