Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo CE vs Halo CEA

OP herobrine warns

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I am just asking which version of halo is better halo Combat Evolved vs Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary? Now i am not talking just graphics but personal opinion and which game's controls are better/ Please vote and respect each other commenting.
halo ce for sure! although 343 did a good joob on CEA my love is still with CE. makes me remember the days when i was younger and played through the game.
yea I agree with ExOtIcSsss.

I like the graphics from the original better and the gun sounds from the original better. I actually still have my original copy of Halo 1 from 2001 when I was a kid :)

anniversary is still good tho :) What I like most about anniversary is that it let you play Halo 1 co op online with other people/friends :) And the skulls/achievements are pretty cool too :) But I always play anniversary on the old graphics ;)
Combat Evolved has been my favorite video game (not just Halo) for ages. But I have to give my vote to CEA. The enhanced visuals, audio, the terminals ... it set the standard for HD remakes. Plus, the original is still there as well.
The Updated grahpics in Anniversary are nice for sure, though the multiplayer was through Reach, and I thought that was kind of lame. I'd have to say the original Halo CE, mainly because the multiplayer on PC and such is so much fun.

Though I do think it's nice the 343i did make Anniversary, it's nice to have.
Doesn't it make the thread counter-productive if I tell you that CEA can also be CE?

Let's not forget about switching.
Quote:
Doesn't it make the thread counter-productive if I tell you that CEA can also be CE?

Nobody forgot about switching. Classic Mode isn't a very good port of CE's visuals, and it lacks the original sound.

Also, hitting the back button doesn't cause Halo 1's multiplayer to appear.
Quote:

but it's not the same, the gun sounds are different, and I know that's not really that important to most people, but to me it is.
Quote:
Nobody forgot about switching. Classic Mode isn't a very good port of CE's visuals, and it lacks the original sound.

Also, hitting the back button doesn't cause Halo 1's multiplayer to appear.
/s15.postimg.org/ldh373qux/image.gif
i like Anniversary and if you do anniversary you can do the original too
I really enjoyed Halo: CEA even though it didn't have the multiplayer I was hoping for: the original maps. The campaign is what I mostly bought it for though because I knew the multiplayer was tied with Reach's. It really gave us a view of a new and improved version of Combat Evolved. They added a few easter eggs as well while keeping most of the old ones. I also liked where a player had to search for the skulls in the campaign in order to use them later on, it really brought a lot more challenge to the table. Overall, even though Halo: CEA was just a re-make, this time you could actually see both the past and present.
My biggest concern is if it changes how much damage weapons do and how enemies act. If it does than original all the way but if it doesn't... original all the way
Combat Evolved has been my favorite video game (not just Halo) for ages. But I have to give my vote to CEA. The enhanced visuals, audio, the terminals ... it set the standard for HD remakes. Plus, the original is still there as well.
Agreed. The only thing i wish it had was Blur cut scenes.
The Updated grahpics in Anniversary are nice for sure, though the multiplayer was through Reach, and I thought that was kind of lame. I'd have to say the original Halo CE, mainly because the multiplayer on PC and such is so much fun.

Though I do think it's nice the 343i did make Anniversary, it's nice to have.
when i first bought Halo CE anniversary the multiplayer ( which was a huge part of my experience on pc) was frustating. but of course they kept the original CE multiplayer for the MCC hahaha, cheeky -Yoinks!-.
The original Combat Evolved, just for the nostalgia.
I like both Equally personally,
Halo CE because well, its the OG, its what started it all
and Halo CEA because of it's easter eggs and the double graphics function
I got to admit, Halo CEA in the MCC is the best for me due to the 1080p upscale and 60 FPS. Otherwise, it's CE on the OG NTSC Xbox.
CE, for the indestructible warthog, the music, the gun sounds, and the look and feel of Halo.
Honestly, my favourite would have to be Halo: Combat Evolved original, simply because I grew up playing it. It changed my life, in a sense.
That and everything just looks good. For a game from 2001, the graphics are surprisingly incredible. I still have my copy, and though I now have an Xbox 360 (and CE:A) I still play from time to time.
As people above have said, the gun sounds. AND THE MUSIC. Such classical masterpieces...always stuck in my head, and I loved them.

Not to mention the fact that the Magnum pistol, for me and my sister, is the most OP pistol that we've ever used (and yes, we've played CE:A, 3, 4, and Reach)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2