Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

[Locked] Halo: CE Won't Load on Xbox 360

OP ch0mpr

I want to play the Halo 1 multiplayer on a local network, but the game won't load up at all. The game disk that I have is in good condition, but when I select "Play Halo" I instantly get an error message telling me the game won't load and to go to xbox.com/support.

I also tried buying the digital download of the game on the XBL marketplace, but when I tried to play it I got the same load up error.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Thanks for any help!
Do you have the original Xbox? It's a much easier and more enjoyable experience on the original. The game lags a ton on the 360, and accidentally turning on your flashlight causes serious problems.
I haven't experienced anything with the flashlight yet, how does that work so I can avoid it?
I would recommend playing on the original Xbox.
It does run better on the original Xbox, but it should have no problem on the 360.

I had similar issues when I replaced my faulty hard drive (eff MS) with a third-party HDD. Turns out the third party ones don't have the necessary hard drive partition to play original Xbox games. If you're comfortable messing around with hard drive partitions and you have the necessary cables, there are files and guides online to help you set up the partition, but a better option would be to try to return the third-party hard drive and replace it with a Microsoft one.
What Chaotic Fiasco said, you need a hard drive (not the built in one) to play classics. Also to clear up things on it running better. No, it in fact runs better on the Xbox 360. Microsoft noted there is minor irregularities when playing on it, but the games look better on the newer hardware. There was a microsoft article on this, but I can't find it anywhere. HOWEVER, I have found a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_776340&feature=iv&src_vid=Xb2pJqwZ5BE&v=xXWA9s2BjyY

Skip to 1:35 for gameplay, and yes I realize its Halo 2 but its the same for Halo CE.
Quote:
What Chaotic Fiasco said, you need a hard drive (not the built in one) to play classics. Also to clear up things on it running better. No, it in fact runs better on the Xbox 360. Microsoft noted there is minor irregularities when playing on it, but the games look better on the newer hardware. There was a microsoft article on this, but I can't find it anywhere. HOWEVER, I have found a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_776340&feature=iv&src_vid=Xb2pJqwZ5BE&v=xXWA9s2BjyY

Skip to 1:35 for gameplay, and yes I realize its Halo 2 but its the same for Halo CE.
Every time I play on a 360, it gets really laggy. Maybe it's a rare phenomenon, but it's happened on every 360 I've played on.
You're right Mitch, it is worse on the 360. The reason it looks better on the 360, GruntyGunner, is probably because you're using better input cables (component or HDMI vs. composite). If you had the same cables for the Xbox, it would look just as good.
i brought halo: ce through xbox live, tried to play it, and comes up with the error message "the game couldn't start. try downloading the game again". and i have an official microsoft xbox hard-drive.
Please don't revive 5 year old topics, thanks